Klopp - AFCON is "some little tournament in Africa"

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigerian journalist query LIVERPOOL boss for calling AFCON small tournament.

Post by highbury »

Africans dumb sha! See as they make up excuses for Klopp ex, Irony, jokes etc. You can always count on some of them to defend the indefensible. Klopp was wrong. The journalist was simply reflecting the thoughts and feelings of Africans( a significant number). It was irrelevant what he meant. The point was some people took offence. Honestly, all he needed to do was apologize rather than deflect and blame the journalist for misunderstanding him.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian journalist query LIVERPOOL boss for calling AFCON small tournament.

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:23 am Africans dumb sha! See as they make up excuses for Klopp ex, Irony, jokes etc. You can always count on some of them to defend the indefensible. Klopp was wrong. The journalist was simply reflecting the thoughts and feelings of Africans( a significant number). It was irrelevant what he meant. The point was some people took offence. Honestly, all he needed to do was apologize rather than deflect and blame the journalist for misunderstanding him.
The funny thing is he will never refer to the Euro as that little tournament. I am glad tge journalist called him out and Klopp got the message.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:12 am
highbury wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:23 am Africans dumb sha! See as they make up excuses for Klopp ex, Irony, jokes etc. You can always count on some of them to defend the indefensible. Klopp was wrong. The journalist was simply reflecting the thoughts and feelings of Africans( a significant number). It was irrelevant what he meant. The point was some people took offence. Honestly, all he needed to do was apologize rather than deflect and blame the journalist for misunderstanding him.
The funny thing is he will never refer to the Euro as that little tournament. I am glad tge journalist called him out and Klopp got the message.
He didn't refer to the AFCON as a little tournament. Quite the opposite. Jeez!

Wha choo looking at?!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I’m not sure who is making excuses. We saw the actual interview. He was countering someone saying that was nothing happening until March. He rolls his eyes is like there’s the small matter of Afcon. As I’m not small at all.

He was making the exact opposite point.

I’m not a L’pool or Klopp fan and I’m unforgiving when people slight Africa and Africans. But I’m not about to jump on a bandwagon when the man was making the point that the Afcon, which will have his two best players, is a big deal.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You guys are really dumb.

Have you never hear of a figure of speech ?

When you say to somebody "I have a LITTLE matter I need to discuss with you"

You are actually saying that the matter IS NOT LITTLE at all.

I can't believe the level of stupidity going on here, it's actually quite embarrassing.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Klopp - AFCON is "some little tournament in Africa"

Post by The YeyeMan »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:54 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:52 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:54 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:51 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:22 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:34 am Klopp has spoken highly about AFCON.

You've likely misunderstood the context around his use of the word "little".

… and there it is. There has to be at least one native running interference for massa. Never fails❗️

Cheers.
I have a track record on this forum on this forum for calling out racism and incidents where non-Africans insult or disparage Africans or African institutions.

You, on the other hand, have a track record of stupidly and banality. On the rare occasions I've found myself agreeing with your posts I will immediately take the opposite position just to distance myself from you.
The only record you have on this forum is hiding behind your facelesness to be insulting and abusive. You are an unrepentant coward. I hope that one day, you and I will meet face to face and we’ll see if you have the guts to be as verbally abusive as you are on a faceless forum❗️

Cheers.
mehn i would love to watch this fight, man go tanda for corner with one massive turkey , watching two grown men panting and throwing air punches left and right with no sense of aiming coordination :biggrin:
Who the f—- says there’s going to be a fight? I will have my posse hold him down while I flog the living daylights out of him🕵🏿‍♀️🤐😃❗️

Cheers.
Your posse of pussylickers? LOL!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:16 am
Nna, some people's comprehension skills require fine tuning. SMH.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

We don’t know that he won’t refer to Euro as a ‘little’ tourney. Unless there is a ban on use of the word ‘little’ in ironic description of something big, I bet we will hear him and a host of other public figures use it again and again to refer to huge and impactful events.

Let’s not fall victims to these FOMO on wokeism. We are not wearing it well.
Last edited by Cito on Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Cito wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:55 pm
We don’t know that he won’t refer to Euro as a ‘little’ tourney. Unless there is a ban on use the word little in ironic description of something big, I bet we will hear him and a host of other public figures use it again to refer to huge and impactful events.

Let’s not fall victims to these FOMO on wokeism. We are not wearing it well.
this has nothing to do with woke and everything to do with the negro and his ways, he will leap to the defense of 'klopp' but when his brother is in need of defense he is silent.

'that is not my problem...' 'he shouldn't have...' the list goes on.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:51 pm
It is not about comprehension skills. Naa bra. You are the one who actually doesn't get it. He said something that was open to misinterpretation... and it was misinterpreted.

The point has been made and he had to clarify his statement.

It is like the seemingly benign phrase, "you people..." why is it considered an insult?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:11 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:51 pm
It is not about comprehension skills. Naa bra. You are the one who actually doesn't get it. He said something that was open to misinterpretation... and it was misinterpreted.

The point has been made and he had to clarify his statement.

It is like the seemingly benign phrase, "you people..." why is it considered an insult?
He "clarified" it because he was asked a question by a dummy journalist.

Look, you still don't get it and it's OK. Don't worry about it.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

A negro, fighting for his rotten-toothed massa, to the death! :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:25 pm A negro, fighting for his rotten-toothed massa, to the death! :lol:
Still upset because a white man stole your boyfriend? Get over it, kid. Read a book instead.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oga Danfo are you going to put a curse on him?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:43 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This one pass uncle Rukus😂😂😂😂
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:03 am This thread is good. I'm able to determine which forumers didn't even pass intermediate English.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Waffiman wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:07 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:03 am This thread is good. I'm able to determine which forumers didn't even pass intermediate English.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

theDunamis wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:07 pm
Waffiman wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:07 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is the funniest thread on CE. :thumbs: It has been said countless times that Africans don't get irony. It is not in our culture. See even highly educated people not getting it. This thread should be submitted as clear proof of this theory. :lol:

What I find surprising is that Fatuous Futcha, the African-American who is a native English speaker, did not get it either. It must be genetic then. :rotf: :rotf:
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

This thread is really funny sha.
Some dont get Irony
Some get Irony but cannot convince those that dont get it.
Some now get it but shame no let them go back ..
Some still will NEVER get it.
Some see racism and massa offerings !!

This thread should be a classic
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:30 pm This thread is really funny sha.
Some dont get Irony
Some get Irony but cannot convince those that dont get it.
Some now get it but shame no let them go back ..
Some still will NEVER get it.
Some see racism and massa offerings !!

This thread should be a classic
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Don’t worry, it shall be.
Especially after your classic summary.
We’ll just make sure everyone gets quoted so no one can sneak back in tomorrow to delete or alter their comments. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
gochino
Egg
Egg
Was Klopp Wrong?

Post by gochino »

I like this guy, always calls a spade a spade