UEFA-CONMEBOL Nations League

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
UEFA-CONMEBOL Nations League

Post by The YeyeMan »

Are you ready for the UEFA-CONMEBOL Nations League?

An interesting development. These people are building something and it doesn't include us (Africa/CAF) yet.

It's also a direct challenge to FIFA.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UEFA-CONMEBOL Nations League

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Feel free to move to the World Football section.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We are about to be left on the dust. We need to get rid of the biennial nations cup and join the fold. These teams will all improve while we will be playing the likes of CAR, Liberia to qualify for another afcon.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If at the very least CAF should do its own nations league so we are regularly playing the best teams in Africa as opposed to all the minnows we play.

Even a combined African, Asian , concacaf league.

It's time to embrace this change and not isolate ourselves from it.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If at the very least CAF should do its own nations league so we are regularly playing the best teams in Africa as opposed to all the minnows we play.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

That is why I want CAF to implement a radical new plan. But they are too conservative like Nigeria in doing things. Nigeia is still using backward failed processes today, refuse to change. Here is my idea.

Afcon will have 32 teams. 16 teams from Afcon will go into WC quslifers. That number is pruned to 8 teams. Then the 8 teams will play eah other once on neutral grounds. Top 5 teams make the WC .
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:05 pm We are about to be left on the dust. We need to get rid of the biennial nations cup and join the fold. These teams will all improve while we will be playing the likes of CAR, Liberia to qualify for another afcon.
Same teams you currently struggle against :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:07 pm If at the very least CAF should do its own nations league so we are regularly playing the best teams in Africa as opposed to all the minnows we play.

The nature of international football is changing and CAF should be at the heart of that.

I definitely think the WCQs in Africa requires a rethink.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

A coupe yrs ago ! I suggested that CAF should extend invites to the Arab league to form a bigger and more financially stable federation but people laughed me off the forum. Fact is that football is getting too expensive for most CAF nations to be able to develope, heck, we barely have a playable surfaces in Nigeria. I commend Uefa and conenbol.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

How would the clubs handle it? Players are already stretched and now we want to add more games and travel.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Most of these changes are driven by money and the UEFA-FIFA battle for advertising dollars...

The one thing I like is the idea of designating a month for internationals.

And I agree the African WCQs need to be changed. The current format is not good enough...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

This is what CAF needs to do.

Make AFCON every 4 years.

Instead of Biennial AFcon, replace every other afcon with one of the following 3

1) African nations League
2) Joint CAF, AFC, Concacaf Nations League
3) Joint CAF, AFC, Concacaf 24 or 32 team tournament in the SUMMER

Now that AFCON is once every 4 years, mandate that every second AFCON must be held during the summer in countries that can host in summer (S. Africa, Northern AFrican countries)

This way the Euro clubs will only have to lose players to AFCON once every 8 years. We can dig in and claim we will not move, but eventually these clubs will make AFCON irrelevant with these on going battles.

So scheduele will look like this

2022 world cup
2023 Winter Nations Cup
2025 Alternate competition (Africa Nations league, joint nations league, joint tournament)
2026 World Cup
2027 Summer Nations Cup
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:12 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:05 pm We are about to be left on the dust. We need to get rid of the biennial nations cup and join the fold. These teams will all improve while we will be playing the likes of CAR, Liberia to qualify for another afcon.
Same teams you currently struggle against? :taunt:
Good observation wanaj0.
It is this type of arrogance that makes losing to the so-called minnows more painful to
those who like to think Nigeria cannot be challenged in the field of play. Since our first
World Cup appearance in 1994 and the '96 Olympic Gold, we have developed this attitude of
not realizing that, with these successes, our teams have become a target of serious contenders.
We saw how Cameroon came to Lagos in 2000 to take the AFCON on our soil, and then going on
to win an Olympic medal.
Our football has truly regressed, but the blame should be shared equally with officials, fans, and
players. Officials talk about big plans while doing less due personal interests. We fans overhype
players and pretend to know show who should be fielded, and the players have less focus on the SE
agenda as compared to their clubs'. With the fumbles by officials, what much blame to the players?

Until we all get our acts together our dreams can only be high, and the so-called minnows will keep
letting us know that we are not all what we think we are.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

These kind of tournaments existed back in the day. The King Fahad cup/Confed cup, Calsberg Cup, Umbro cup, Afro Asian cup etc. It was the greedy UEFA clubs that killed these tournaments. Worse still we have lazy CAF officials just doing that devil Infantino's bidding instead of looking out for our interest. If i were president of CAF i would reach out to AFC and revive the AfroAsian cup as well as introduce an African nation league. Even a WAFU/Caribbeian cup would not be a bad idea. The aim is to give as many players NT playing time experince as possible
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:10 am This is what CAF needs to do.

Make AFCON every 4 years.

Instead of Biennial AFcon, replace every other afcon with one of the following 3

1) African nations League
2) Joint CAF, AFC, Concacaf Nations League
3) Joint CAF, AFC, Concacaf 24 or 32 team tournament in the SUMMER

Now that AFCON is once every 4 years, mandate that every second AFCON must be held during the summer in countries that can host in summer (S. Africa, Northern AFrican countries)

This way the Euro clubs will only have to lose players to AFCON once every 8 years. We can dig in and claim we will not move, but eventually these clubs will make AFCON irrelevant with these on going battles.

So scheduele will look like this

2022 world cup
2023 Winter Nations Cup
2025 Alternate competition (Africa Nations league, joint nations league, joint tournament)
2026 World Cup
2027 Summer Nations Cup
my brother, summer in Europe is winter in Southern Africa.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923