AFCON 2022 THREAD

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
AFCON 2022 THREAD

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :thumbs:

Kicks off tomorrow. 11am EST
Cameroun v Burkina Faso

Mods, allow us to have a thread dedicated to Afcon games but not SE games since SE are in the competition. Can't follow SE here then go to world football aka EPL forum to discuss Afcon.

Goodluck to all the teams. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCON 2022 THREAD

I have a feeling BF will get a result v the platanos, they almost knocked Algeria out of the WC in Algiers.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:52 pm I have a feeling BF will get a result v the platanos, they almost knocked Algeria out of the WC in Algiers.
They have 4 players knocked out by Covid. I am not sure which ones. They are claiming foul play.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:51 pm LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :thumbs:

Cameroun v Burkina Faso

Mods, allow us to have a thread dedicated to Afcon games but not SE games since SE are in the competition. Can't follow SE here then go to world football aka EPL forum to discuss Afcon.

Any such thread ought to be on the World Football forum❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I already programmed the first game and our game to record on Bein sports. I was supposed to travel for work next week, but thanks to Omicron Uber cancelled all travel till further notice. 👍
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I totally agree.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:51 pm LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :thumbs:

Cameroun v Burkina Faso

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:48 am I already programmed the first game and our game to record on Bein sports. I was supposed to travel for work next week, but thanks to Omicron Uber cancelled all travel till further notice. 👍

Onku, u know there ain't no J to da O to da B in your path . :laugh:
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:12 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:52 pm I have a feeling BF will get a result v the platanos, they almost knocked Algeria out of the WC in Algiers.
They have 4 players knocked out by Covid. I am not sure which ones. They are claiming foul play.

Wuruwuru dey Africa! :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

It's a shame that a silly mod moved this thread to so called world football. People here are not interested in African football. Anyway sha.. opening ceremony looks good but disappointing attendance by the fans. Not close to 80% at all.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Afcon 2021: Mendy and Koulibaly out of Senegal opener versus Zimbabwe
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:37 pm Afcon 2021: Mendy and Koulibaly out of Senegal opener versus Zimbabwe
Cameroun had no positive tests. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:29 pm It's a shame that a silly mod moved this thread to so called world football. People here are not interested in African football. Anyway sha.. opening ceremony looks good but disappointing attendance by the fans. Not close to 80% at all.
The real shame is that you chose to open this thread in an inappropriate forum in clear violation of the rules and now, you want to act like the injured party. Rules are there for a reason. Learn to follow them❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:36 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:29 pm It's a shame that a silly mod moved this thread to so called world football. People here are not interested in African football. Anyway sha.. opening ceremony looks good but disappointing attendance by the fans. Not close to 80% at all.
The real shame is that you chose to open this thread in an inappropriate forum in clear violation of the rules and now, you want to act like the injured party. Rules are there for a reason. Learn to follow them❗️

Cheers.
What's inappropriate about opening a thread on a competition the SE are involves in? SE are part if Afcon and shouldn't be separated for some silly rule. Use your common sense.
OCCUPY NFF!!
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

CAF should be embarrassed at the state of these pitches as should Cameroon. We have been singing for the world to respect the AFCON but now the eyes of the world are on it, we show them pitches like this.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

So far all the games are low scoring 1-0 or 0-0s.
Except for the Cameroon game.

Hopefully the teams open up as we go along.
That is not to say low scoring games are boring, some can actually be more exciting
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

Anyone watching Mali-Tunisia? Second best game so far, after NGA-EGY! Mali is exceptional!!

Superbe game by Mali until around the 85th minute where the ref. started making some very weird decisions (he was good right up to that point
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

kbt wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:41 pm CAF should be embarrassed at the state of these pitches as should Cameroon. We have been singing for the world to respect the AFCON but now the eyes of the world are on it, we show them pitches like this.
I am embarrassed not just by the bad pitches but also the utter lack of spectators. Cameroon has really ceased to exist as a nation. Shameful.

Any way; the Garoua & Limbe pitches were superb quality. Kudos to Garoua - only location to have so far come close to filling a stadium. For some reason I expected Douala to fill up but boy oh boy was that a « desert »!