Cameroon vs Burkina Faso(2-1)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cameroon vs Burkina Faso(2-1)

Post by green4life »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:09 pm I just hope Eguavoen and the boys are prepared for North African theatrics come Tuesday, and the boys need to stay focused and avoid needless fouls in dangerous areas (note to Ndidi and Ekong), cause set pieces have been our Achilles heel.
Ndidi shouldn’t be a concern for pks so long as he plays his usual midfield role. Ekong tho can be erratic for club and country :lol:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:09 pm
txj wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:51 pm Quite a powerful Camerun team. Will take some beating if/when they get to full speed...
They're physical but nothing to write home about. Home advantage and covid test ojoro can take them far though.
They are not even that physical if you ask me. The Burkinabes roughed them up. They are hardworking and disciplined, thats about it.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAMEROON VS BURKINA FASO:

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Igugu wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:35 pm Second half: Cameroon leading 2:1 at this time.
Game was very boring. Surprised African players are now diving at the penalty area! We miss real tacklers like Benjamin Massing who taught Caniggia a lesson!
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:22 pm
Igugu wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:35 pm Second half: Cameroon leading 2:1 at this time.
Game was very boring. Surprised African players are now diving at the penalty area! We miss real tacklers like Benjamin Massing who taught Caniggia a lesson!
Opening matches are usually tense. Both teams look solid and will be difficult to beat.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

The days of hard tacking are over.
So happy there is VAR.

Had there been VAR, Cameroon may not have won ACON IN 2000 in Lagos
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

.must also be said that Burkina Faso were tactically naive. I didn't see a defensive plan throughout the game.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

green4life wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:15 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:09 pm I just hope Eguavoen and the boys are prepared for North African theatrics come Tuesday, and the boys need to stay focused and avoid needless fouls in dangerous areas (note to Ndidi and Ekong), cause set pieces have been our Achilles heel.
Ndidi shouldn’t be a concern for pks so long as he plays his usual midfield role. Ekong tho can be erratic for club and country :lol:
Oh! you've forgotten the one Ndidi gave away in the last AFCON semi final against Algeria in a dangerous area, of course Mahrez of all players stepped up and the rest was history
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

joao wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:04 pm
txj wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:59 pm
green4life wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:54 pm
Odas wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:53 pm
txj wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:51 pm Quite a powerful Camerun team. Will take some beating if/when they get to full speed...
Honestly, I don't think they are special. They are very beatable.
That's also my initial gut feeling but its only the first game.

My sense is of a tactically solid team, especially off the ball.
Able to wear a team down physically and can attack on the counter, as well as with possession.

You don't need to be special to win a tournament...
Really? :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why are u surprised?

How many special teams have won a tournament anywhere in the world? Not every team can be Brazil 1970

Greece
Zambia
Ivory Coast
Cameroon
Brazil '94
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:38 pm
green4life wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:15 pm
Oh! you've forgotten the one Ndidi gave away in the last AFCON semi final against Algeria in a dangerous area, of course Mahrez of all players stepped up and the rest was history
Lol he just fouled same Salah for a PK a week or two ago lol…he better be careful.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

txj wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:59 pm
green4life wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:54 pm
Odas wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:53 pm
Honestly, I don't think they are special. They are very beatable.
That's also my initial gut feeling but its only the first game.

My sense is of a tactically solid team, especially off the ball.
Able to wear a team down physically and can attack on the counter, as well as with possession.

You don't need to be special to win a tournament...
What's up with this physical thing that you guys airways attribute to Cameruin yet cry foul when Europeans do the same thing to African teams. Let me tell you contrary to what most people may think, this could be one of the most solid teams Cameroon has ever put together. Everyone there is based on merit.
From Goal keeper to attack.
Cameron's goalie in my opinion is only serving to Mendy.
Their whole defense either plays Europe or champs league footie. Jerome Onguene us still involved in the champs league and is the rock of his team.
Ntolo was voted the best left back at the MLS. Guy was the man of the match in my opinion.
I don't think you can count more than two players better than Anguissa at their position. OShiman(sp) should be happy here has someone like that to feed him at Napoli.
Choupo plays for Bayern. Bro good player when healthy.
Ekambi is one of the best African goal scorers currently in top European leagues.
Let the guy from Lille recover is Cameruin ad advances.
I am sorry for any team that thinks Cameruin us a walk over.
They'll live to regret it.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"