Senegal 1 (Mane) Vs Zimbabwe 0

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal 1 (Mane) Vs Zimbabwe 0

Post by Comrade Machel »

Who is the fat guy in glasses anchoring the studio discussion on SABC for bother games today. Doesn't sound southern African and I've never seen him before
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

theDunamis wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:11 pm There is no good way to lose a match but there are heartbreaking ways to do so. All of Zimbabwe cannot forget this match quickly enough. 95 minutes of hard work undone in a flash.
I hear you chief. This is hard to take. I'm heartbroken to be honest

I didn't see the penalty (it's raining here so lost signal when ball went off so I can't comment whether it was legit or not but SABC studio panel said it was harsh so I don't know

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Zimbabwe look well coached, I think they will qualify from the group as second best team.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Comrade Machel wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:35 pm
theDunamis wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:11 pm There is no good way to lose a match but there are heartbreaking ways to do so. All of Zimbabwe cannot forget this match quickly enough. 95 minutes of hard work undone in a flash.

I didn't see the penalty (it's raining here so lost signal when ball went off so I can't comment whether it was legit or not but SABC studio panel said it was harsh so I don't know
Commentator: "Have to say that is a clear hand ball" - I thought it was harsh at first but on review it was just dumb from your defender. But overall good defensive play from your team and I think they can definitely make it out the group if they keep it up.

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal 0 Vs Zimbabwe 0

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:01 pm
iworo wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:57 pm Senegal was lucky today. There's no more soccer minnow in AFCON.
Please let us all keep this post in mind the next time Nigeria scraps through a boring 1-0 win against any of the so called non-favorites.
There will always be soccer minnows , what I have seen so far is the so called big African countries have become rubbish. I watched Cameroon yesterday,that is not Cameroon that looks more like Botswana when you look at the drop in quality.

When you see the kind of penalties BF gave away and now Zimbabwe,that is why they are minnows,they make the kind of mistakes we make at the WC that made the commentators to call us naive.

Minnows are not minnows because they just show up to be beaten,they are minnows because in the cause of the game they would make mistakes the better team with better players easily capitalise on. The onus is on the so called big team to put the minnows in their place.

Everywhere I turn from Spanish laliga to EPL, all I see is quality of players going down while their wallets keep getting fatter and fatter.

No one in that Cameroon team can carry the underwear of Makanaky,Emile Mbouh, Biyik,never mind Abega,Etoo or Milla.

I try to watch some of the games ,I cringe in embarassment the standard and quality of play,I am sorry quality is going down,maybe we should just turn these competitions into a jamboree.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

We need to go for it and get goals against Malawi

But my Malawian friend said they won't lose, they have Calisto Pasuwa as their consultant
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

benteke wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:46 am

We need to go for it and get goals against Malawi

But my Malawian friend said they won't lose, they have Calisto Pasuwa as their consultant

Hadebe was immense

Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Madzongwe cost us with that stupid handball with 90 seconds of injury time left, in the process undoing all the hard work that had gone before.

Anyway onto the Southern African derby against Malawi on Saturday.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube