Ghana vs Morocco(0-1) FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana vs Morocco

Post by airwolex »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:06 pm
airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:21 am
Kabalega wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:00 am
airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:42 pm
Kabalega wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:34 pm
King Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:58 pm
airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:54 pm

This Ghanaian team is poor. Andre Ayew is done. Jordan was isolated. Painstil and Suleiman had flashes, but the rest of the team was meh. Morocco were not much better save for 5 minutes
i don't think the team is poor they just have the same problem they had for decades, no striker.
Or goalie.
It still baffles me that Ghana have only produced a one good striker since Abedi Pele, that is Anthony Yeboah.

Their goalkeeping is in dire straits.
Asamoah Gyan says hi
You missed the "good striker" part?
Is Gyan in the same mold as Abedi or Yeboah?

I understand though, ....African proverb, "A child who has never tasted a meal outside his home thinks his mum is the best cook." :P :)
Gyan is Ghana's top goalscorer ever with 47, way ahead of Pele and Yeboah.
Wow, 47 goals? How many trophies? :P
Look at the game on the green grass.
Bros stop it. Gyan is better than Yeboah, at the least for Ghana. Yeboah didn't win anything as far as I know and Gyan went to the WC.

He is arguably the best pure number 9 Ghana has ever produced. He is their top goal scorer for crying out loud and took them to 2 WCs. Don't even go there.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana vs Morocco

Post by Kabalega »

airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:30 pm
Kabalega wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:06 pm
airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:21 am
Kabalega wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:00 am
airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:42 pm
Kabalega wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:34 pm
King Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:58 pm

i don't think the team is poor they just have the same problem they had for decades, no striker.
Or goalie.
It still baffles me that Ghana have only produced a one good striker since Abedi Pele, that is Anthony Yeboah.

Their goalkeeping is in dire straits.
Asamoah Gyan says hi
You missed the "good striker" part?
Is Gyan in the same mold as Abedi or Yeboah?

I understand though, ....African proverb, "A child who has never tasted a meal outside his home thinks his mum is the best cook." :P :)
Gyan is Ghana's top goalscorer ever with 47, way ahead of Pele and Yeboah.
Wow, 47 goals? How many trophies? :P
Look at the game on the green grass.
Bros stop it. Gyan is better than Yeboah, at the least for Ghana. Yeboah didn't win anything as far as I know and Gyan went to the WC.

He is arguably the best pure number 9 Ghana has ever produced. He is their top goal scorer for crying out loud and took them to 2 WCs. Don't even go there.
Stop it with Gyan. If he's the best forward they ever produced then I rest my case.

He played with top notch midfielders behind him.
Even a one legged player would have scored with those guys feeding him.
Ghana doesn't produce strikers.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana vs Morocco(0-1) FT

Post by txj »

Thought Southampton's Salisu Abubakar was from Ghana?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp