Wetin Happen to Egyptian Pharaohs?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Wetin Happen to Egyptian Pharaohs?

Post by Kabalega »

They were even worse than the Egyptian team that played in the last two AFCONs.
Iheanacho was often unmarked in acres of space.
They were slow to react to loose balls.

Look at 9ja Eagle's goal. Aina pounced on an Egyptian clearance with relative ease for his knockdown header to 'Nacho.
And the ball everyone thought had gone out for a goal kick only to almost result in a comical goal.

If it wasn't for 9ja's profligacy, Egypt could have easily let in 3 or 4.

Upfront, they tried to force balls through Mo Salah even when he was triple teamed opening up space for others.
I know the guy is good and can do magic on the green grass, but alas, the others only showed up in body.
Some passes to him were too slow, leading to easy interceptions.

One thing I liked about Mo, was he tried to involve his teammates, but they didn't rise up to the occasion.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg
Re: Wetin Happen to Egyptian Pharaohs?

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:28 am They were even worse than the Egyptian team that played in the last two AFCONs.

Look at 9ja Eagle's goal. Aina pounced on an Egyptian clearance with relative ease for his knockdown header to 'Nacho.
And the ball everyone thought had gone out for a goal kick only to almost result in a comical goal.

Upfront, they tried to force balls through Mo Salah even when he was triple teamed opening up space for others.
I know the guy is good and can do magic on the green grass, but alas, the others only showed up in body.

One thing I liked about Mo, was he tried to involve his teammates, but they didn't rise up to the occasion.
They are very overrated. Apart from Salah they have nothing to offer. The SE's should have won this game by 3 or 4 goals. They were that much better.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:13 am
Kabalega wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:28 am They were even worse than the Egyptian team that played in the last two AFCONs.

They are very overrated. Apart from Salah they have nothing to offer. The SE's should have won this game by 3 or 4 goals. They were that much better.
Only those who don't see actual games ran afoul of overating teams.
I have watched the Pharaohs games when they played the Cranes in AFCON, Nigeria in 2016 and the friendly in 2019 and Kenya.

Sure they have not been playing at the heights of the Abutreika team. The quality dropped after the Arab Spring.
But a lot was off in this game.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

"Wetin Happen to Egyptian Pharaohs?"

Moses happun again o

The first time it was "Let my pipu go"

This time, it is "Let Nigeria score"
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Aribo, not Aina.

Wha choo looking at?!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Na naija happen o!
I am happy