Egypt was Robbed of a Penalty!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Egypt was Robbed of a Penalty!

Post by Kabalega »

My grandmother would’ve awarded it, says Queiroz on ‘clear’ penalty against Nigeria
Seif SolimanJanuary 12, 2022
Queiroz
Egypt manager Carlos Queiroz has lashed out at referee Bakary Gassama following the Pharaohs’ defeat to Nigeria in their opening game of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.

Egypt couldn’t have asked for a worse start to their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations campaign in terms of both result and performance.

The Pharaohs fell to a 1-0 defeat against Nigeria, thanks to a goal from Kelechi Iheanacho late in the first-half.

The Super Eagles were by far the more dangerous side for the entirety of the encounter and could’ve increased the gap if it wasn’t for Mohamed El-Shennawy’s heroic performance.

While failing to create many chances, Egypt had a penalty shout after Zizo was brought down inside the Nigerian penalty box by Moses Simon; however, the referee whistled for a foul on the Zamalek winger instead.

Queiroz
Despite the pressure of the Egyptian players, referee Bakary Gassama awarded the foul to Nigeria, with the VAR assuring there is no need for him to go back to see the incident.

Carlos Queiroz felt being robbed a huge chance to get something out of the game, insisting his side were denied a clear penalty, that even his grandmother would have awarded.

“In the second half, there was a very clear penalty for us that the referee didn’t award and the VAR did not intervene,” Queiroz said as per AfricaFootUnited.

“Maybe at that time, the VAR was not working.

“There was clearly a penalty. It wasn’t our day, it wasn’t also a good day for the refereeing. Even my grandmother would have awarded it a penalty.

“It is a disaster because there are VAR referees. It is unacceptable. Watch the incident yourself. It’s unbelievable that with all these referees, no one noticed the penalty,” he added.

The game marked Egypt’s first AFCON opener defeat since 2002 when they lost to Senegal 1-0 and their first group-stage defeat when they fell against Algeria in Tunisia.

Egypt now need to beat their remaining Group D opponents, Sudan and Guinea-Bissau, in order to book their spot in the round of 16.
https://www.kingfut.com/2022/01/12/carl ... y-nigeria/
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Egypt was Robbed of a Penalty!

Post by ANC »

contact happened outside the box, momentum made it seem like it happened inside the box. Watch the game.
I guess you know more than the best Ref in African 2016
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

ANC wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:42 pm contact happened outside the box, momentum made it seem like it happened inside the box. Watch the game.
It was not a penalty but should not have been a foul against Egypt though.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I blame Simon and Ejuke. We should have beaten these jokers 4-0.

Wha choo looking at?!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

bamenda boy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:50 pm
ANC wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:42 pm contact happened outside the box, momentum made it seem like it happened inside the box. Watch the game.
It was not a penalty but should not have been a foul against Egypt though.
You should watch the video highlights again. It happened so fast that it is easy to miss but the attacker initiated the incidental contact by tripping the defender and then proceeded to fling himself to the turf. The ref really should have cautioned him for intentional diving❗️

Cheers.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

... and that's exactly why no one would be stupid enough to hand your grandmother the whistle.. mumu trying to sound smart :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I was wondering who initiated this post, but as I checked, I saw it was - brother - Kabalega. From there, case closed as much as I care. So, ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Lol. No mind them. Nice try tho.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:57 pm I blame Simon and Ejuke. We should have beaten these jokers 4-0.
but isn't Simon the 2nd incarnation of Messi according to many on here ?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Try and take something for this your bad belle o. It's getting worse and worse ...
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:27 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:57 pm I blame Simon and Ejuke. We should have beaten these jokers 4-0.
but isn't Simon the 2nd incarnation of Messi according to many on here ?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:07 pm I was wondering who initiated this post, but as I checked, I saw it was - brother - Kabalega. From there, case closed as much as I care. So, ...
Shooting the messenger? :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu