AFCON: Tunisia vs Mali (first half) 0-1

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCON: Tunisia vs Mali (first half) 0-1

Post by txj »

Sikazwe was previously suspended on corruption allegation. Why the heck is he still reffing games at this level?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...this is embarrassing.
Something wrong with his watch?
Did not get to 90mins.
Did not have stoppage time.
wtf?
Bad day for Africa.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Na wa for this Ref sha....{shakes head} Maybe he has Diarrhea.
I feel for Tunisia. They have been hard done by....
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Please, Tunisia got a PK too and wasted it. Let them go sit down.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:51 pm Even VAR tell am to change it, e no gree
:rotf:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

I hope this is his last game.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This is so sad to watch. How can this happen? It's a shame on CAF.

This tournament has been a bust so far. Look at the extremely low level of fan support. Only in Africa do you empty football stadiums for competitive games. Even the Vietnamese stadiums are full.
OCCUPY NFF!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:55 pm Sikazwe was previously suspended on corruption allegation. Why the heck is he still reffing games at this level?
No wonder. Today’s decisions are beyond incompetence. Straight up cheating in broad daylight
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

charlie wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:56 pm Na wa for this Ref sha....{shakes head} Maybe he has Diarrhea.
I would argue Mali have been hard done by, not Tunisia
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

King Futcha wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:02 pm
charlie wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:56 pm Na wa for this Ref sha....{shakes head} Maybe he has Diarrhea.
I would argue Mali have been hard done by, not Tunisia
How so? If you mean the red card, that was a judgement call. It was excessively harsh, but definately explainable.

However, absolutely no excuse for finishing the match before the 90 mins was up and with ZERO extra time. That one na serious magu. In fact, he actually ended the match in the 85min first, so either he has diarrhea or he wanted to end the game at the current score.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:59 pm This is so sad to watch. How can this happen? It's a shame on CAF.

This tournament has been a bust so far. Look at the extremely low level of fan support. Only in Africa do you empty football stadiums for competitive games. Even the Vietnamese stadiums are full.
...agree Vietnam dey pack stadium, this is because their communist government no dey allow foreign telecast as rampant as it is in our Africa.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Wow!!! Should be replayed then
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Why do I have to 'click' many times before my comment is posted? Is anyone having this issue?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thus Mali is leading Tunisia? Wow! Well, let's see what Tunisia does in the second half
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Odas wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:12 pm Why do I have to 'click' many times before my comment is posted? Is anyone having this issue?
Same here. The wicked have struck again since we won the game. Don't be surprised if CE goes blank soon. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Odas wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:13 pm Thus Mali is leading Tunisia? Wow! Well, let's see what Tunisia does in the second half
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

airwolex wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:14 pm
Odas wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:13 pm Thus Mali is leading Tunisia? Wow! Well, let's see what Tunisia does in the second half
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bros abi na you dey cos am? Dis one wey you dey laff like dis :tic: :tic:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:14 pm
Odas wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:12 pm Why do I have to 'click' many times before my comment is posted? Is anyone having this issue?
Same here. The wicked have struck again since we won the game. Don't be surprised if CE goes blank soon. :laugh:

Been happening to me all week. Even opened a thread on Problems and Suggestions with no answer from the MODS
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:21 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:14 pm
Been happening to me all week. Even opened a thread on Problems and Suggestions with no answer from the MODS
Hmm, oh well. I feel better knowing it's not only me
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Where is the game? My link has disappeared, or is it over?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

After asking for all the world’s attention, an utterly shambolic display of officiating lacking the competence to be considered corruption. Shame.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Odas wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:26 pm Where is the game? My link has disappeared, or is it over?
Full time blown twice before 90 minutes played. Mali doing post-match duties and may be required to return to the field of play for 3 minutes. Absolute embarrassment.