AFCON: Tunisia vs Mali (first half) 0-1

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: AFCON: Tunisia vs Mali (first half) 0-1

Post by King Futcha »

Coach wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:27 pm After asking for all the world’s attention, an utterly shambolic display of officiating lacking the competence to be considered corruption. Shame.
coach never misses an opportunity, you didn't have to wait long.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Odas wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:26 pm Where is the game? My link has disappeared, or is it over?
Full time blown twice before 90 minutes played. Mali doing post-match duties and may be required to return to the field of play for 3 minutes. Absolute embarrassment.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Mali come back out now Tunisia refuse. All the world’s eyes and all the world’s ridicule to follow.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 pm Mali come back out now Tunisia refuse. All the world’s eyes and all the world’s ridicule to follow.

Did the game resume after the second whistle?

Jeeze!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:25 pm
txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:21 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:14 pm
Odas wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:12 pm Why do I have to 'click' many times before my comment is posted? Is anyone having this issue?
Same here. The wicked have struck again since we won the game. Don't be surprised if CE goes blank soon. :laugh:
Been happening to me all week. Even opened a thread on Problems and Suggestions with no answer from the MODS
Hmm, oh well. I feel better knowing it's not only me
...it has to do with when forum is busy, one or more persons posting at same time.
I have experienced this many other times in the past especially when a big match is going on.
Just re-click and post, some times it takes several clicking.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Coach wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 pm Mali come back out now Tunisia refuse. All the world’s eyes and all the world’s ridicule to follow.
Wow, they are making it worse...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

King Futcha wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:29 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:27 pm After asking for all the world’s attention, an utterly shambolic display of officiating lacking the competence to be considered corruption. Shame.
Inexcusable. Indefensible. How can full-time be blown on two occasions both before the regulation time was concluded? The board for extra-time hadn’t even been raised, what of the stoppages for substations and VAR consultations, how was this all casually overlooked. A shameful display.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Coach wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:28 pm
Odas wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:26 pm Where is the game? My link has disappeared, or is it over?
Full time blown twice before 90 minutes played. Mali doing post-match duties and may be required to return to the field of play for 3 minutes. Absolute embarrassment.
Coach, you don com with your big-big oyibo again? Well, na wetin yoiu dey tok? I no undastand.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, full-time at the 3rd time of asking after Tunisia refuse to return to the field.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Coach wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:36 pm
King Futcha wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:29 pm
Inexcusable. Indefensible. How can full-time be blown on two occasions both before the regulation time was concluded? The board for extra-time hadn’t even been raised, what of the stoppages for substations and VAR consultations, how was this all casually overlooked. A shameful display.
Ok, I got it :tic: :tic: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lol wat kind of nonsense is this?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Coach wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:37 pm @Tx, full-time at the 3rd time of asking after Tunisia refuse to return to the field.
Hmm, how did all that happen? Thus, what now for CAF and the minutes not played?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:37 pm @Tx, full-time at the 3rd time of asking after Tunisia refuse to return to the field.

I had already switched off!!!

I'm asking for my money back :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Well, the tournament might not recover from this. Every decision now will be forensically examined.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

airwolex wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:42 pm Well, the tournament might not recover from this. Every decision now will be forensically examined.
NOT a good thing for CAF and all of Africa at all. Very embarrassing :sad: :sad: :???: :???:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

This is bad for African football, very bad
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

IMO, Anyone from the UK dissing any country about corruption should go and carry rocks.
With Prime Minister Peppa Pig daily updating his master class on corruption, this Zimbabwean ref can afford to organize his own "Bring your own Brukutu" event in peace, without worrying about any "C" words coming out of the mouth of any Englander.

My 2 pints....
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

All you guys complaining "this is bad for African football" and all are overexaggerating and you are only contributing to a narrative that existed even before the tournament start and this Zimbabwean ref did his wayo.

There has been nothing but correct non controversial officiating in this tournament so far. Little to no controversies, until this mumu blew his whistle too early. If I was to judge English football on the exploits of dodgy decisions by Mike Oliver and Howard Webb, we would be here all day.

The refs have been doing a great job so far (until this mumu). Dont let one ref and game tarnish the name of African football.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

That ref need to be tested for drugs.

News is VAR told him to change his stance and he insisted on the red. Calling the game before time was just another ‘mad’ moment.

And I agree with poster above, this is a ref issue and not a pattern going by other refs we have seen so far.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

charlie wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:03 pm All you guys complaining "this is bad for African football" and all are overexaggerating and you are only contributing to a narrative that existed even before the tournament start and this Zimbabwean ref did his wayo.

There has been nothing but correct non controversial officiating in this tournament so far. Little to no controversies, until this mumu blew his whistle too early. If I was to judge English football on the exploits of dodgy decisions by Mike Oliver and Howard Webb, we would be here all day.

The refs have been doing a great job so far (until this mumu). Dont let one ref and game tarnish the name of African football.
exactly, it happens in football all over, sort it out and move on
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

charlie wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:03 pm All you guys complaining "this is bad for African football" and all are overexaggerating and you are only contributing to a narrative that existed even before the tournament start and this Zimbabwean ref did his wayo.

Blowing your whistle too early is not a small thing....haba. See the wahala it has caused!
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

Uhmm human error exists sir/ma’am. There are countless instances of errors across world football (some less significant, some others even more serious)
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

Cito wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:08 pm That ref need to be tested for drugs.

News is VAR told him to change his stance and he insisted on the red. Calling the game before time was just another ‘mad’ moment.

And I agree with poster above, this is a ref issue and not a pattern going by other refs we have seen so far.
First off, VAR can not tell a ref to change their decision. They can recommend that the ref. review. VAR is not a ref - its sole purpose is to support the ref’s decisions. That red was harsh but not against the rule book.

His call at the 85th was to change the ball (I think it was a screw up & he tried to retract). Now he screwed up again by calling the game at 89:50, so missing 10 seconds plus at least 4 minutes of additional time.