AFCON: Algeria vs Equatorial Guinea 0-1 (FT)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kawawa
Egg
Egg
Re: AFCON: Algeria vs Equatorial Guinea 0-1 (FT)

Post by kawawa »

I predict they will not beat CIV. I also see SL beating EQ
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

No post game show? kai! E no good ooo!!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

hestonap wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:45 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:33 pm The same Algerian coach that people always use to abuse and castigate Rohr. :lol: :lol:

Well, we can now see that football is not mathematics.
Come on now bro, Firstly the game has not finished and the competition is not yet over for Algeria.
Secondly the Algerian coach beat Rohr head to head.
Thirdly he an AFCON championship.
Fourthly, his tea have had a great run of games with good performances and was not stinking up the place unlike Mr. Rohr's team.
Fifthly wake me up when Algeria loses to repeatedly to rubbish teams.
Sixthly, everything comes to an end.
Finally, you're correct football ain't mathematics and anyone can lose against anyone on a match day.
Game don finish now. What else do you have to say?

Algeria coach this, Algeria coach that. They couldn't beat Sierra Leone, now they have lost to Equatorial Guinea. Is he still a very good coach? Or can we now call him a poor coach just like we have called Rohr? Now we see that football is not mathematics.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Some are still insisting that the standard of football at AFCON is poor. Well, if this EG victory isn’t a sign of improved parity in African football then I don’t know what is❗️

Cheers.
Celebrity
Egg
Egg
Algeria 0-1 EQ Guinea

Post by Celebrity »

This has to be one of the biggest upsets in AFCON history, 2nd only to Madagascar defeating the SE 3yrs ago.

Algeria can still qualify if they win their last game against Ivory Coast. A draw and they are on their way back to Algiers.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The worst kind of minnows to play are teams like EG, Cape Verde. Strong West African genes, that have all sorts of transplants in Portugal, Spain etc. Algeria tried but no cigar. Good game
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

kawawa wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:56 pm This is bigger than CAR beating Naija! Na me talk’am
It just goes to show in Football, anything can happen.
Any team under the right circumstances, can beat any other team. They all paid their dues to be here, so we should not be too suprised.

That said, it does put a smile on my face when David beats Goliath, especially when Goliath is not my Super Eagles.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Folks were shaking about us facing Algeria. What if they finish 3rd, do we face them! Not worried, we play who we play.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kawawa wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:58 pm I predict they will not beat CIV. I also see SL beating EQ
I think Algeria is going to come into their game with Ivory Coast 'smoking' and looking desperately to win, else they are going home.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

The complete absence of a post game show is really vexing me!

Wha choo looking at?!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:53 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:48 pm
kawawa wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:32 pm
green4life wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:30 pm It was coming. The longer they hung around. No more minnows.
Really no more Minnow. Malawi, Gambia, EQ, Guinea Bissau. All playing amazing soccer
Gambia has 5 Serie A league players. That is almost half their team playing in one of the toughest leagues in Europe.

Musa Barrow – Bologna
Ebrima Colley – Spezia (on loan from Atalanta)
Omar Colley – Sampdoria
Ebrima Darboe – Roma
Lamin Jallow – Vicenza (on loan in Hungary)

...and in Serie B
Musa Juwara – Crotone
you do know Gambia and Senegal are practically the same
You do know this is the first time in their history that Gambia qualified for AFCON?

The so called minnows in African football now have access to top players playing in Europe, some of their stars foreign-born like the ones Nigerian don't want in their team.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCON: Algeria vs Equatorial Guinea 0-1

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:54 pmWe did it!!!!!
:rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Una hear the commentator talk sey this is on par with Madagascar beating Nigeria, the kin insult wey certain people to turn us into na wa o lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kawawa wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:01 pm Folks were shaking about us facing Algeria. What if they finish 3rd, do we face them! Not worried, we play who we play.
They, even FIFA made me think Algeria is very good, but from these two games I have seen of them, I am very confident we can beat them easily
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Is the Algerian coach a poor coach now?

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Odas wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:57 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:55 pm Algeria is bottom of the group?!! :shock: :shock:
... and I doubt they will be able to win Ivory Coast, based on they way things are going for them (Algerians).
It’s not looking good for Algeria, because Côte d'Ivoire just need a draw in that game to qualify. Nah wah oh, all these talk about Algeria doesn’t play with minnows and it’s an abomination for Naija to lose or even draw against so called minnows :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Algeria have been blunt in attack over the past two games. This result shouldn't be that surprising.

Wha choo looking at?!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

hestonap wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:55 pm
kawawa wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:49 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:33 pm The same Algerian coach that people always use to abuse and castigate Rohr. :lol: :lol:

Come on now bro, Firstly the game has not finished and the competition is not yet over for Algeria.
Fourthly, his tea have had a great run of games with good performances and was not stinking up the place unlike Mr. Rohr's team.
Finally, you're correct football ain't mathematics and anyone can lose against anyone on a match day.
Common on dude. Algeria v EQ. EQ is the rubbish team relatively. Nothing to do with Rohr. Just the way the game goes.
I agree its the way the game goes. Yep I agree on paper EQ are the minnow. This could arguably be a fluke result. Last I checked this Algerian team did not repeatedly underperform against minnows like Rohr's team.
Anyway great game and for lovers of the game, upsets are great, its not just very nice when its against your own team.
Well done Equatorial Guinea.
It's not the end of the tournament. Algeria can still possibly qualify with a win in their last game against CIV.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

The round of sixteen matchups will be very tricky. The way all these so-called favorites are losing points may portend to a former favorite (3rd place finisher) playing against a group leader. Cn you imagine if Nigeria was to play an Algerian team in the next round? :ohmy:
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

charlie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:58 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:54 pm Gernot Rohr CAN YOU SEE NOW SEE HOW IT'S DONE YOU FRAUD?
You do realize your comparison is bogus at best?
This Algeria is not the same team physically or mentally that won it all in 2019.
Secondly, You are actually depriving EQG and their coach and players from this win by making it seem that it was all Rohrs fault.

You guys need to get over your Rohr hatred. It is super childish.
Besides football at this level is not as simple as you are making out to be.
Rubbish, I'll call Rohr out cause he is garbage! I bet if Rohr was facing this Algerian team right now we would have lost and heard the same pathetic excuses of us been a "young team" or Algeria having "more star players" blah blah blah, it's such self-defeating postulations that makes me separate winners from losers, EGQ showed us what heart, grit and tactical organization can do for a team no matter the team pedigree.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:04 pm Is the Algerian coach a poor coach now?
Maybe he is, but it also proves why Rohr is a below average scammer, and people who justify his crimes against football don't deserve to be called Nigerian fans.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:59 pm

Algeria coach this, Algeria coach that. They couldn't beat Sierra Leone, now they have lost to Equatorial Guinea. Is he still a very good coach? Or can we now call him a poor coach just like we have called Rohr? Now we see that football is not mathematics.
I don’t get your point, you can’t take away what he achieved with this team, now based on the current state of the team he might no longer be the best option for the team and so they might move on just like we moved on from Westerhoff at one point, Keshi at another point after they stopped getting the desired result. But unlike **** he’s definitely achieved more at NT level.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:59 pm

Though with different words/phrases, haven't I been saying so for a long time? I say 'any team' can beat 'any team' in any given day, that's all.