Algeria 1 V CIV 3

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Algeria 1 V CIV 3

Post by Scipio Africanus »

lacidi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:23 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:10 pm
lacidi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:02 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:56 pm The pinpoint cross delivery from a FK for CIV's first goal! :clap: :clap: :clap:

We(SE) no fit do dat o!
Why do you guys always worship other teams? This same CIV couldn't beat Seara leone and struggled to a 1 nil victory against EG. Now, just one FK goal and they are now the best thing ever. SE dominated thier group with 9 points but it doesn't natter, as long as it's not a team from another country that did that. Haba! What level of lack of self pride is this?
I can't point out what CIV did well? I'm the last person that could be accused of worshipping CIV. Just read the damned thread.

Answer this question: When was the last time the SE scored a goal like that from a FK? Bent into the box with the perfect bend, and headed in for a goal. When did we ever score a goal like that?
And b4 today when was the last time CIV scored from from a FK? BTW we scored from a corner against Guinea at the last AFCON. Abi is that not a set piece?
You haven't answered my question. When was the last time we scored a goal like CIV's first goal? A goal that requires exquisite timing and delivery? The kind of goal you see in top leagues and at the WC by top teams all the time. Stop dancing around and answer the damned question.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:27 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:21 pm
Cito wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:15 pm CIV meets EGYPT Next.
That one is a toss up
CIV will have too much for them. As a team, they are not the best, but they have too many players that can make magic happen in a heartbeat. I don't think they can win it though. They play too open and their midfield is shaky.
Hm, I no know o! I think Egypt matches up very well against CIV and vice versa but we will see ...

Wha choo looking at?!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:37 pmYou haven't answered my question. When was the last time we scored a goal like CIV's first goal? A goal that requires exquisite timing and delivery? The kind of goal you see in top leagues and at the WC by top teams all the time. Stop dancing around and answer the damned question.
Scipio, I had argue that it is more important to score goals (which we are) than to score specific types of goals. I would be worried (which I was a little over a month or so ago now) if we were not scoring goals or creating good scoring opportunities. Two things we are doing well thus far in this AFCON, though we can and should improve on our seized opportunities.

All of that said, we are joint 2nd with CIV for highest number of goals after the group stage (though Tunisia may still have something to say about that).
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:37 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:56 pm The pinpoint cross delivery from a FK for CIV's first goal! :clap: :clap: :clap:

We(SE) no fit do dat o!
Why do you guys always worship other teams? This same CIV couldn't beat Seara leone and struggled to a 1 nil victory against EG. Now, just one FK goal and they are now the best thing ever. SE dominated thier group with 9 points but it doesn't natter, as long as it's not a team from another country that did that. Haba! What level of lack of self pride is this?
I can't point out what CIV did well? I'm the last person that could be accused of worshipping CIV. Just read the damned thread.

Answer this question: When was the last time the SE scored a goal like that from a FK? Bent into the box with the perfect bend, and headed in for a goal. When did we ever score a goal like that?
And b4 today when was the last time CIV scored from from a FK? BTW we scored from a corner against Guinea at the last AFCON. Abi is that not a set piece?
You haven't answered my question. When was the last time we scored a goal like CIV's first goal? A goal that requires exquisite timing and delivery? The kind of goal you see in top leagues and at the WC by top teams all the time. Stop dancing around and answer the damned question.
And when was the last time CIV scored from a corner kick? So CIV scores one free kick out of more than 10 that they've taken in this AFCON and they are now the poster boys for free kicks. Do you see how ridiculous you sound?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

theDunamis wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:21 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:37 pmYou haven't answered my question. When was the last time we scored a goal like CIV's first goal? A goal that requires exquisite timing and delivery? The kind of goal you see in top leagues and at the WC by top teams all the time. Stop dancing around and answer the damned question.
Scipio, I had argue that it is more important to score goals (which we are) than to score specific types of goals. I would be worried (which I was a little over a month or so ago now) if we were not scoring goals or creating good scoring opportunities. Two things we are doing well thus far in this AFCON, though we can and should improve on our seized opportunities.

All of that said, we are joint 2nd with CIV for highest number of goals after the group stage (though Tunisia may still have something to say about that).
theDunamis,

Points all taken, we are doing very well creating chances at the AFCON. I'm very happy with that, but I want more.

When we come up against top international teams(especially teams like Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Germany, France, England , Netherlands, Spain etc) outside of Africa, chances and goals scored from open play will likely dry up for us.

That is when we will need to reach deep into the toolkit and bring out other scoring options, whether it trying to win PKs with Moses Simon, Ejuke and Chukwueze or well executed free kicks from outside the box.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

lacidi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:15 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:37 pm

We(SE) no fit do dat o!

And when was the last time CIV scored from a corner kick? So CIV scores one free kick out of more than 10 that they've taken in this AFCON and they are now the poster boys for free kicks. Do you see how ridiculous you sound?
Your head is in the wrong place. I don't care about CIV. I care about Nigeria. When was the last time a CIV player scratched their azz by the corner flag? Who cares?

Now when we face top international teams, our goals from open play will very likely dry up. That is when we need set-pieces and PKs to supplement our goal scoring.

Wha choo looking at?!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:18 pm
Cito wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:15 pm CIV meets EGYPT Next.
Good, let the favorites cancel each other out and make the path to the finals easier for us.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hear you, bro
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

lacidi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:03 pm
Odas wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:58 pm Wow! CIV beat Algeria 4-1? I am surprised beyond mention
3-1
Oh, I thought it was 4-1. Ok, thx for the correction, bro
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.