Your best 11 from the first round.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Your best 11 from the first round.

Post by bamenda boy »

I'll like to see y'all picks for the first 11.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Your best 11 from the first round.

Post by YUJAM »

---------------------------------Kamara (S Leone)----------------------------------------

-------Hakimi (Maroc) ---------Colley (Gambia)----------Troost (Nigeria) ----------Sanusi (Nigeria)

------------------------------------------------------Ndidi (Nigeria)------------------------------------

--------------------Kessie (CIV)---------------------------------------------Jallow (Gambia)-----------------

-----------------Barrow (Gambia) --------------Abubakar (Cameroon)-------------Simon (Nigeria)----------
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

YUJAM wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:54 pm ---------------------------------Kamara (S Leone)----------------------------------------

-------Hakimi (Maroc) ---------Colley (Gambia)----------Troost (Nigeria) ----------Sanusi (Nigeria)

------------------------------------------------------Ndidi (Nigeria)------------------------------------

--------------------Kessie (CIV)---------------------------------------------Jallow (Gambia)-----------------

-----------------Barrow (Gambia) --------------Abubakar (Cameroon)-------------Simon (Nigeria)----------
You think Kessie has been better than Anguissa?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Good question. They are about the same level at the tourney but Kessie actually scores
bamenda boy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:56 pm
YUJAM wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:54 pm ---------------------------------Kamara (S Leone)----------------------------------------

You think Kessie has been better than Anguissa?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Kessie has been better. Yujams list is solid, but Fai for Hakimi, Pepe for Barrow
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

---------------------------------Kamara (S Leone)----------------------------------------

--------------------Keita (Guinea)---------------------------------------------Jallow (Gambia)-----------------

-----------------Pepe (CIV) --------------Abubakar (Cameroon)-------------Simon (Nigeria)----
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Aboubaker is a good player but should be on the bench.
He has the goals, but he also has a low conversion rate.
Factor in the context of his games and he looks better on the bench.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

What is that one trick pony S. Moses doing on that list.
I beg to differ on your assessment of Aboubakar, He is leading the scoring with 5 goals
3 more than the 2nd placed scorer and you are talking of some nonsense called conversion
rate that you know nothing about. Why don't you show us his conversion rate and that of the striker
that you think should be on the list. This ridiculous americanization of football with useless stats will
make us not to reason. For example, you prefer someday with 2 goals and conversion rate of 80 percent
over someone with 5 goals and conversion rate of 60 percent, it is beyond ridiculous. Goals win games
and not conversion rates.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

chopachop wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:51 am What is that one trick pony S. Moses doing on that list.
I beg to differ on your assessment of Aboubakar, He is leading the scoring with 5 goals
3 more than the 2nd placed scorer and you are talking of some nonsense called conversion
rate that you know nothing about.
Why don't you show us his conversion rate and that of the striker
that you think should be on the list. This ridiculous americanization of football with useless stats will
make us not to reason. For example, you prefer someday with 2 goals and conversion rate of 80 percent
over someone with 5 goals and conversion rate of 60 percent, it is beyond ridiculous
. Goals win games
Did you miss where I mentioned context?
Days ago, I posted about Aboubakar not being convincing after seeing two(2) Cameroon games in this tournament.

The conversion rate later confirmed what I saw on the green grass.
The guy had too many chances with little to show for it. Let's not forget the quality of the opposition either.

Why don't you look up the conversion rate yourself instead of pulling numbers out of your a55?
Aboubakar's conversion rate is in the low 30s. That is what is beyond ridiculous, especially given the opposition.

Reacting like an emotionally unstable prepubescent girl will not change those facts.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:39 am
chopachop wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:51 am What is that one trick pony S. Moses doing on that list.
over someone with 5 goals and conversion rate of 60 percent, it is beyond ridiculous
. Goals win games
Days ago, I posted about Aboubakar not being convincing after seeing two(2) Cameroon games in this tournament.

The guy had too many chances with little to show for it. Let's not forget the quality of the opposition either.

Why don't you look up the conversion rate yourself instead of pulling numbers out of your a55?
Aboubakar's conversion rate is in the low 30s. That is what is beyond ridiculous, especially given the opposition.

Reacting like an emotionally unstable prepubescent girl will not change those facts.
Nope, I didn't miss anything. You have still deliberately not given a name that you think is befitting of
being in the list in place of Aboubakar . Why ? because there isn't anyone. Secondly you have also failed to provide the number of goal opportunities Aboubakar has missed resulting in the low 30s Conversion rate that you conjured from thin air.
Cameroon must have created tons of scoring chances for Aboubakar to miss them resulting in the low conversion
ratio. It will help your argument and credibility if you could provide numbers.
Hope you are mature enough to keep the discuss civil and not resort to insults.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

chopachop wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:29 pm
Kabalega wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:39 am
. Goals win games

Nope, I didn't miss anything. You have still deliberately not given a name that you think is befitting of
being in the list in place of Aboubakar . Why ? because there isn't anyone. Secondly you have also failed to provide the number of goal opportunities Aboubakar has missed resulting in the low 30s Conversion rate that you conjured from thin air.
Cameroon must have created tons of scoring chances for Aboubakar to miss them resulting in the low conversion
ratio. It will help your argument and credibility if you could provide numbers.
Hope you are mature enough to keep the discuss civil and not resort to insults.
Is it so hard for you to look up the numbers?
Is it so hard to do the math?

You need to mature and be honest with yourself instead of reacting like a child.
I really don't have the patience now for immature adults.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Lol, 30 percent conversion rate.
Where are the numbers, no numbers right ? I am not stupid looking for something
that doesn't exist, something you made up out of hatred and can't back up.
If you didn't know, you need numbers to do maths with numbers, which even an elementary
kid knows. Present the numbers and the maths will be done.
You made up the 30 percent conversion rate and when pressed you throw a tantrum and start
insulting. That says a lot about your maturity. Sorry, I am not going to descend to your level.