Re: This Forum and Nations Cup

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I am not going to lie, seeing Liverpool FC threads etc in d middle of discussing a game between Gambia and Tunisia and other AFCON related gist is a bit weird.

Any consideration to creating an AFCON sub forum like we did for the WC and Olympics?

With AFCON being a month long and 24 Teams I think it could be something to look into.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Re: This Forum and Nations Cup

Post by ANC »

It should belong in Eaglesnest
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

ANC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:21 pm It should belong in Eaglesnest
Agree
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:40 pm I am not going to lie, seeing Liverpool FC threads etc in d middle of discussing a game between Gambia and Tunisia and other AFCON related gist is a bit weird.

Any consideration to creating an AFCON sub forum like we did for the WC and Olympics?

With AFCON being a month long and 24 Teams I think it could be something to look into.
Not a bad idea. AFCON deserves its own independent forum❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

bamenda boy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:30 pm
Agree
Forget about it. Eagles Nest was designated exclusively for the discussion of Nigerian football. Some of you guys have been pushing to adulterate the Eagles Nest. Not going to happen❗️

Cheers.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:36 pm
Agree
Forget about it. Eagles Nest was designated exclusively for the discussion of Nigerian football. Some of you guys have been pushing to adulterate the Eagles Nest. Not going to happen❗️

Cheers.

This is the kind of ossified thinking that stops Nigeria from developing.

There's only one football.

Those EPL discussions could easily have been centralized in each team's thread, with no limitations for any Nigerian or African football thread.

If I want to discuss Tunisia, Nigeria's next opponent, I go to world football, yet its really about Nigeria.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:40 pm
Agree

Cheers.

Those EPL discussions could easily have been centralized in each team's thread, with no limitations for any Nigerian or African football thread.

If I want to discuss Tunisia, Nigeria's next opponent, I go to world football, yet its really about Nigeria.
If you’re going to use a word you’re not so familiar with, I suggest you look up its meaning first. That way, you won’t sound so totally ignorant🤔❗️

Cheers.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:44 pm
Agree

Cheers.

If you’re going to use a word you’re not so familiar with, I suggest you look up its meaning first. That way, you won’t sound so totally ignorant🤔❗️

Cheers.

If u don't know the meaning look it up. It summarizes your views and your post

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:48 pm
Agree

Cheers.

Cheers.

Oh, I know what it means. Clearly, you do not❗️

Cheers.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:58 pm
Agree

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.

No you don't. If you did you wouldn't be arguing needlessly and exhibiting the rigidity you have...

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:00 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:58 pm

Agree

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.

No you don't. If you did you wouldn't be arguing needlessly and exhibiting the rigidity you have...
Which word are we bickering over here?
‘Ossified’?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

I agree with the intent of this thread. We need to discuss all afcon football in one forum. So, either the EN or its own forum, just as we do for the world cup. It's quite clunky flipping between forums on the same subject.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Riche007 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:48 am I agree with the intent of this thread. We need to discuss all afcon football in one forum. So, either the EN or its own forum, just as we do for the world cup. It's quite clunky flipping between forums on the same subject.
I agree that we should have considered making an AFCON subforum. It is long overdue.

We will do it for the next AFCON.

As for those wanting to dilute the EaglesNest because that was what it was done in the past, they should keep trying.

They should go to Liverpool forum and open threads about AFCON that are not related to Liverpool players... I bet they will let it stand as it discusses football. :roll: :oops: :oops:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Riche007 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:48 am I agree with the intent of this thread. We need to discuss all afcon football in one forum. So, either the EN or its own forum, just as we do for the world cup. It's quite clunky flipping between forums on the same subject.
Click on "Strictly Soccer" and you will get the aggregated soccer/football forums.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:14 pm
Click on "Strictly Soccer" and you will get the aggregated soccer/football forums.
i don't like to go through rant and rave and read topics about a crocodile attack, next african industrialization and then tesla, can you separate those?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:20 pm
Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:14 pm
i don't like to go through rant and rave and read topics about a crocodile attack, next african industrialization and then tesla, can you separate those?
Chop rice and leave stone!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Traore hits the bar on a PK.
0-0

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

SUPERB counter by BF

Traore finishes with aplomb.

1-0 Burkina

This is what happens when you let the ball work for you, not try to dribble thru

chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:40 pm I am not going to lie, seeing Liverpool FC threads etc in d middle of discussing a game between Gambia and Tunisia and other AFCON related gist is a bit weird.

We complain that some EPL manager have little regard for AFCON yet we don't even have an AFCON sub forum
whereas a sub forum was even created for the Tokyo olympics, and what does It say, that we don't hold the AFCON
in high esteem. Where does charity start ? at home abi.