[AFCON 2021] Senegal 2 Cape Verde(red card X 2 20", 57") 0 FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [AFCON 2021] Senegal 2 Cape Verde(red card X 2 20", 57") 0 FT

Post by txj »

metalalloy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:22 pm
airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:17 pm
metalalloy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:15 pm Ps. Looking at a replay, there was a covering defender...

https://mixture.gg/v/61f0303aa2596
I am wondering what you guys were talking about when you said no covering defender. It actually is a diabolical decision, given it went to VAR. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: You were right. I didn't even remember seeing him there.

The covering defender cannot be the one chasing Mane.

That is NOT a covering defender!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:59 pm
metalalloy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:15 pm Ps. Looking at a replay, there was a covering defender...

I am wondering what you guys were talking about when you said no covering defender. It actually is a diabolical decision, given it went to VAR. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Nah wah oh! Abeg can someone explain to me how someone AHEAD of Mane be deemed to be "chasing" him? You do realize there are TWO Cape Verde players in the frame right? :rotf:

He is covering his teammate "the goalkeeper". His job is to ensure that if the defender (goalkeeper in this case) is beaten, any progress by the attacker is stifled by him. That is the epitome of a covering defender.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Officials are trained to use the following considerations when deciding whether an offense constitutes DOGSO:
• Location and number of defenders – If there is no more than one defender (a goalkeeper is classed as a defender) present when the offense occurs (provided they are not able to possess or control the ball before the attacker would have), normally this indicates a Goal Scoring Opportunity was denied. If there is more than one defender present in front of the attacker when the offense occurs, they must generally not be able to retreat or become part of the goal-scoring phase, in order for this consideration to be met.
http://proreferees.com/2020/04/03/pro-i ... -look-for/

Botched call by the referee. Its not the first time, wont be the last time.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

metalalloy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:11 pm

Nah wah oh! Abeg can someone explain to me how someone AHEAD of Mane be deemed to be "chasing" him? You do realize there are TWO Cape Verde players in the frame right? :rotf:

He is covering his teammate "the goalkeeper". His job is to ensure that if the defender (goalkeeper in this case) is beaten, any progress by the attacker is stifled by him. That is the epitome of a covering defender.

Again you do not understand this. Thanks
He's not a covering defender; was never ahead of Mane until the GK illegally stops the Senegal man's progress.

And then endangers him recklessly.

2 counts of red card

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

• the collision hasn't occurred in the pic above
  • there is a linked video, and the player is clearly ahead of Mane before the collision occurred
  • Video doesn't tell lies. And is available for all to see
"last man" rule has been long revoked. It will help to actually read Law 12 to try to gain some understanding. Here is a link.
https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-go ... misconduct
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

1970s football from Malawi

Like watching Congo from the WC
Last edited by txj on Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

what a free kick by Hakimi...

wow!

2-1

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wrong thread again...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I hope you just saw the red card to the GK in Ecuador vs Brazil

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

https://streamff.com/v/4d51f4
https://streamff.com/v/52f16e

Just as I hope you just BOTH of Allison's red cards overturned in the very same game. He was given a yellow for the second offense (In the box!) just like I suggested was the right punishment for the Comoros goalkeeper.

https://streamff.com/v/ae0718
Why did he get a red card if all that is required is that the gk "get the ball" first (which he clearly did) before stomping on the throat of the Brazilian guy?

Just leave this one along bro... :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:20 pm I hope you just saw the red card to the GK in Ecuador vs Brazil
Anyone who thinks Iwobi deserved a red should look at the incident with Alisson and why it got overturned.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

txj wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:20 pm

I hope you just saw the red card to the GK in Ecuador vs Brazil
...that was bad. Straight studs in the face.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:01 pm
txj wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:20 pm I hope you just saw the red card to the GK in Ecuador vs Brazil
Anyone who thinks Iwobi deserved a red should look at the incident with Alisson and why it got overturned.

The convo is about the CV GK's red card

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:59 am https://streamff.com/v/4d51f4

Just as I hope you just BOTH of Allison's red cards overturned in the very same game. He was given a yellow for the second offense (In the box!) just like I suggested was the right punishment for the Comoros goalkeeper.

Why did he get a red card if all that is required is that the gk "get the ball" first (which he clearly did) before stomping on the throat of the Brazilian guy?

You are somehow managing to misrepresent both events!

He was given a yellow for the first one, the RC being overturned, b/c he had cleared the ball, well b/4 Valencia ran onto his leg on its way down.

The 2nd one was supposed to be a 2nd YC which was also overturned cus he got the ball.

The point is HE GOT THE BALL FIRST in each instance.

The CV GK did not get to the ball first; never made contact with the ball, and then recklessly endangered the opponent.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Well, I missed the game, but I am beginning to question these red cards (RCs) being dished out by the refs. Does these fouls really warrant the RCs?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:10 pm

He was given a yellow for the first one, the RC being overturned, b/c he had cleared the ball, well b/4 Valencia ran onto his leg on its way down.

The 2nd one was supposed to be a 2nd YC which was also overturned cus he got the ball.

The CV GK did not get to the ball first; never made contact with the ball, and then recklessly endangered the opponent.
The Ecuador goal keeper "got the ball first" before he karate kicked Cunha, and yet got a red card (as he rightfully should have). Why is that? I posted the video above, but i will repost it below again.

Alexander Dominguez the Ecuador goal keeper GOT THE BALL FIRST and still got a red card. :rotf: If that is the only requirement, his Red card should have been overturned as well.

I keep telling you that "getting to the ball first" is not determinative. "getting to the ball first" is not found in any FIFA laws of the game.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Odas wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:24 pm Well, I missed the game, but I am beginning to question these red cards (RCs) being dished out by the refs. Does these fouls really warrant the RCs?
Most of them did. Some were debatable. Just like in any other tournament.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:47 pm

The Ecuador goal keeper "got the ball first" before he karate kicked Cunha, and yet got a red card (as he rightfully should have). Why is that? I posted the video above, but i will repost it below again.

Alexander Dominguez the Ecuador goal keeper GOT THE BALL FIRST and still got a red card. :rotf: If that is the only requirement, his Red card should have been overturned as well.

I keep telling you that "getting to the ball first" is not determinative. "getting to the ball first" is not found in any FIFA laws of the game.

I never said that getting the ball first is a requirement. You can get the ball and still be guilty of reckless endangerment.

I'm saying in the context of Allison, he, in the first case played the ball before the inadvertent contact, hence the YC.

In the 2nd he got the ball clean.

If you bothered to watch the clip you posted of Dominguez, he simply took out Cunha and was duly punished for reckless endangerment!

Its the same thing with the CV GK...

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:19 pm

I never said that getting the ball first is a requirement. You can get the ball and still be guilty of reckless endangerment.

I'm saying in the context of Allison, he, in the first case played the ball before the inadvertent contact, hence the YC.

If you bothered to watch the clip you posted of Dominguez, he simply took out Cunha and was duly punished for reckless endangerment!

Allison was served as an example that a gk can commit a foul denying a goal scoring opportunity, and receive a yellow card, which is the main point that I made in the CV case as i said the punishment was excessive as he and Mane were entitled to go for a 50-50 ball in the air. It was harsh to deem his challenge a serious/reckless foul.
txj wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:38 pm

But there was no covering player.

Yes he had the right, but he HAD TO win that ball.

He did not. He was the last man.

CLEAR red card!
Your own words bro, or will you also deny that one too :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ive warned you to let this go as you have no idea of what you are arguing about, but you insist on dragging this on. :D

backtrack much? in every single post you made, you highlighted the fact that the keeper DID NOT GET TO THE BALL. Why do you have it in 50 point bold above? Please quit trying to backtrack when I have provided a clear example of a keeper who "got to the ball" and yet received a red card. What exactly made the CV keeper's challenge for a 50-50 ball reckless?

If the Cape Verde keeper "got to the ball" would that have then made his challenge not reckless? Do you see how absurd your focus on who "got to the ball" first is? Getting to the ball is not dispositive, something I've been trying to hammer into your head with no success.
Yea, no kidding! That is my point and why I posted the video. He got to the ball first and also took out the man recklessly. It negates the emphasis you repeatedly keep making on the fact that the cape verde keeper did not get to the ball. Its not the material factor in deciding whether he should have received a red card or not!!! How this is so difficult for you to understand is mind boggling.. :rotf:
It most certainly is not.

Ps. Please go and read Rule 12 and gain an understanding of the rule on fouls

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:29 pm
txj wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:19 pm

Allison was served as an example that a gk can commit a foul denying a goal scoring opportunity, and receive a yellow card, which is the main point that I made in the CV case as i said the punishment was excessive as he and Mane were entitled to go for a 50-50 ball in the air. It was harsh to deem his challenge a serious/reckless foul.
txj wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:38 pm

But there was no covering player.

Yes he had the right, but he HAD TO win that ball.

He did not. He was the last man.

CLEAR red card!
Your own words bro, or will you also deny that one too :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ive warned you to let this go as you have no idea of what you are arguing about, but you insist on dragging this on. :D

backtrack much? in every single post you made, you highlighted the fact that the keeper DID NOT GET TO THE BALL. Why do you have it in 50 point bold above? Please quit trying to backtrack when I have provided a clear example of a keeper who "got to the ball" and yet received a red card. What exactly made the CV keeper's challenge for a 50-50 ball reckless?

If the Cape Verde keeper "got to the ball" would that have then made his challenge not reckless? Do you see how absurd your focus on who "got to the ball" first is? Getting to the ball is not dispositive, something I've been trying to hammer into your head with no success.
Yea, no kidding! That is my point and why I posted the video. He got to the ball first and also took out the man recklessly. It negates the emphasis you repeatedly keep making on the fact that the cape verde keeper did not get to the ball. Its not the material factor in deciding whether he should have received a red card or not!!! How this is so difficult for you to understand is mind boggling.. :rotf:
It most certainly is not.

Ps. Please go and read Rule 12 and gain an understanding of the rule on fouls

Context bro,

He had to win the ball. WITHOUT endangering the opponent

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Nope. He did not have to "win the ball" He simply had to not endanger his opponent. Winning the ball is not relevant to making that determination of whether he was careless, reckless or was excessively forceful (those are the exact words from Rule 12). It makes ZERO reference to "winning the ball"

You think the CV goal keeper was reckless, and thats fair. I disagree and think that judgment was harsh.

We have to agree to disagree on that. But "winning the ball" has little to do with that determination.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:50 pm Nope. He did not have to "win the ball" He simply had to not endanger his opponent. Winning the ball is not relevant to making that determination of whether he was careless, reckless or was excessively forceful (those are the exact words from Rule 12). It makes ZERO reference to "winning the ball"

You think the CV goal keeper was reckless, and thats fair. I disagree and think that judgment was harsh.

We have to agree to disagree on that. But "winning the ball" has little to do with that determination.

I'm saying i effect that IF you go for the ball, which the CV GK did, you must win it without endangering the opponent.