Watch The Gambia Choke against Cameroon

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Watch The Gambia Choke against Cameroon

Post by bamenda boy »

I don't know if it's stage fright or what, but these teams have a habit of choking when they meet Cameroon. The same Ivory Coast that was mesmerizing everyone the whole tournament looked so ordinary against Cameruin that they even missed out on the World cup qualification to Cameroon.
I hope like Comoros, Gambia doesn't choke and come out to play.
Good luck to them.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Watch The Gambia Choke against Cameroon

Post by King Futcha »

how do you choke against a heavy favorite?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

bamenda boy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:50 am I don't know if it's stage fright or what, but these teams have a habit of choking when they meet Cameroon. The same Ivory Coast that was mesmerizing everyone the whole tournament looked so ordinary against Cameruin that they even missed out on the World cup qualification to Cameroon.
Good luck to them.
O’l boy, it’s not stage fright but bullying :lol:. Cameroon loves to play very physical, aggressive and direct game. Guess what, you guys are gonna meet your match in Gambia. You both play similar style. Hence, I can’t wait to see the matchup……I won’t be surprised if they beat Cameroon.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

bamenda boy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:50 am I don't know if it's stage fright or what, but these teams have a habit of choking when they meet Cameroon. The same Ivory Coast that was mesmerizing everyone the whole tournament looked so ordinary against Cameruin that they even missed out on the World cup qualification to Cameroon.
Good luck to them.
Will Gambia's camp be hit by COVID? :sneaky:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Maybe not so fast... This year's AFCON has been one that has favored underdogs to an extent. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the so-called heavy favorites are knocked out in the Quarter-Final.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

iworo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:45 am
Good luck to them.
O’l boy, it’s not stage fright but bullying :lol:. Cameroon loves to play very physical, aggressive and direct game. Guess what, you guys are gonna meet your match in Gambia. You both play similar style. Hence, I can’t wait to see the matchup……I won’t be surprised if they beat Cameroon.
This group of lions aren´t aggressive. Reason why their play is so uninspiring. But Gambians chances against Cameroon are not high. There arent matured enough mentally to defeat the hosting nation.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

The Goddess wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:39 pm
Good luck to them.
This group of lions aren´t aggressive. Reason why their play is so uninspiring. But Gambians chances against Cameroon are not high. There arent matured enough mentally to defeat the hosting nation.
my love the doctor, has returned, dreams do come true.
Saints baby we did it
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:49 pm
Good luck to them.

Thats a man you are flirting with dumba$$ :oops:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Good luck to them.
I blame Okoye for this. We would have smacked your overrated team infront of your decrepid old president and his transgender wife had we run into each other. No worries tho. I expect Gambia to take care of things.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:13 pm
Good luck to them.

Thats a man you are flirting with dumba$$ :oops:
don't be mad because she finished med school and you failed out D.
Saints baby we did it
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

How did Comoros choke? They were down one man for almost the entire 90 minutes and evenly matched Cameroon. This despite the fact you forced them to play without a keeper, based on invented quarantine rules.

Now please let us enjoy a good quarterfinal, no "special" COVID tests for the Gambian team over the next few days :rotf:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The Gambian entire team + staff passed the COVID-19 tests
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:44 am The Gambian entire team + staff passed the COVID-19 tests
They should test them again! That is impossible against Cameroon! The doctors testing the players themselves are positive while testing Cameroon's opponents!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Good luck to them.
King Futcha, how bodi, happy new year :wink:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

YUJAM wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:44 am The Gambian entire team + staff passed the COVID-19 tests
Are you sure?
Source please. This is too good to be true.

I hope they watch their food to avoid the Malawian's debacle.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

They had a bout of food poisoning before the Guinea game. But the good news is everyone tested -ve.

This is the biggest test in Gambian football history. The key is going to be not to concede early and not give up any fouls around the box. The Cameroonians are good in the air so we want to limit the opportunities they have to do this. If we can keep them out for 30 mins, we should be able to create more opps.
Kabalega wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:32 pm
Are you sure?

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:33 am They had a bout of food poisoning before the Guinea game. But the good news is everyone tested -ve.

This is the biggest test in Gambian football history. The key is going to be not to concede early and not give up any fouls around the box. The Cameroonians are good in the air so we want to limit the opportunities they have to do this. If we can keep them out for 30 mins, we should be able to create more opps.
Kabalega wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:32 pm
Are you sure?

They need to attack Cameroon because the Lion's defense is full of players with two left feet. :)
They struggle with attackers making runs through and behind them.

The Lion's forwards play a numbers game. They keep shooting until something sticks.
If the Scorpions sit back, Cameroon as hosts, will get easy calls.
Attacking them is the best option.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:30 am how do you choke against a heavy favorite?
i tire for am. Meanwhile, Gambia just have played in their first AFCON and went all the way to the QFs without losing a game until they met the hosts (5 time winners). Clearly this is click bait.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I saw this coming from a mile away.