[AFCON 2021 QF #1] Cameroun 2 Gambia 0 FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [AFCON 2021 QF #1] Cameroun 2 Gambia 0

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:38 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:36 pm
theDunamis wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:34 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:28 pm The Gambian coach cost them this match. Why did he start off playing very defensive? Look at them now playing football the way they should have played it from the onset.
Dude, if they played this way from the onset, Cameroon would have barbequed them even quicker. Playing against a much better team that is 2 goals up and has taken the foot off the pedal is very different from playing the same team in a ravenous search for the opening goal.
Dude, I can only guess you didn’t watch Comoros play Cameroon.
This Gambia team is not as good as Comoros…
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Cameroon has a very good team.Their play depends on their adversary
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

theDunamis wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:38 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:36 pmDude, I can only guess you didn’t watch Comoros play Cameroon.
That match has zero bearing on this match. You somehow think football matches are logical and if A beats B and B beats C then A must beat C. That is not how it works and there are countless examples of this in football.
Comoros showed us how to play Cameroon. It’s not about who beats who. Don’t set up defensively against a team that do nothing have the lungs and are playing under so much pressure as the home team.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:31 pm
airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:27 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:24 pm
airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:18 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:16 pm This is how you deal with a minnow. You pick and choose from a vast array of weaponry. Not trying the same brainless nonsense over and over again.
Tunisia were never a minnow. I said as much when people said they prefered them to Gambia...lol
But Gambia beat Tunisia. Maybe Cameroon is just better than all of them.
I watched that match, it was smash and grab. A last minute screamer by Gambia. Tunisia dominated them.
Smash and grab like how Tunisia beat Nigeria?

Tunisia played 3 and lost 2, Gambia in the same group played 3, won 2 and drew 1. And you think they were lucky against Tunisia? Wonderful.
I watched the game from start to finish.

Tunisia dominated them. Missed a penalty, got a red card and then there was the last minute goal. You can go and check.

I believe Guinea dominated Gambia as well. They are a side that plays to frustrate you defensively, trust me, they are not all that.

Cameroon should not feel themselves too much
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:38 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:28 pm The Gambian coach cost them this match. Why did he start off playing very defensive? Look at them now playing football the way they should have played it from the onset.
Dude, if they played this way from the onset, Cameroon would have barbequed them even quicker. Playing against a much better team that is 2 goals up and has taken the foot off the pedal is very different from playing the same team in a ravenous search for the opening goal.
It’s clear to see, even after they made offensive changes they haven’t trouble Cameroons defense one bit. Did you see the sigh of relief on the Cameroon players, Etoo and every Cameroonians face after that Comoros game. Those guys took them to the limits, this game has been a walk in the park…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

I have no doubt this Cameroon team will beat the current SE AFCON team. They are loaded in all the areas plus they play FAST paced soccer.
If you add Osimhen and Ighalo and you replace Ekong and Omerou with Awaziem and Akpoguma I will give the SE verrrryyyy slight favorites.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Kpom
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

Cameroon vs Egypt/Morocco will be the defacto final.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:41 pm
It’s clear to see, even after they made offensive changes they haven’t trouble Cameroons defense one bit. Did you see the sigh of relief on the Cameroon players, Etoo and every Cameroonians face after that Comoros game. Those guys took them to the limits, this game has been a walk in the park…
By your theory, Tunisia team better than Nigeria since we only had one shot on target after 95 minutes of play, right?

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:41 pm
theDunamis wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:38 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:36 pmDude, I can only guess you didn’t watch Comoros play Cameroon.
That match has zero bearing on this match. You somehow think football matches are logical and if A beats B and B beats C then A must beat C. That is not how it works and there are countless examples of this in football.
Comoros showed us how to play Cameroon. It’s not about who beats who. Don’t set up defensively against a team that do nothing have the lungs and are playing under so much pressure as the home team.
Don’t you also have to have the quality of player that can execute such a game plan? How many teams in this tournament have the energy levels of Comoros, even with 10 players they kept running and running till the last whistle. Gambia clearly doesn’t have those type of players to execute such a game plan. Literally they’ve had no single threat on the Cameroon goal all game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

The Goddess wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:40 pm Cameroon has a very good team.Their play depends on their adversary
That has been the case for every Cameroonian team. In Italy 90, Beckenbaeur said he does not wish to play Cameroon because they don't have one a system of play to setup against. They play differently ways in one match depending on the opponent.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

lazy by clinton njie
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

lol easy one missed by Cameroon.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

What a miss by Njie
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

That type of clumsy finishing will end them against the North Africans.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:44 pm
By your theory, Tunisia team better than Nigeria since we only had one shot on target after 95 minutes of play, right?
What are you talking about, we did have shots on target so you are just talking nonsense…do you not remember the save on Moses’ 1v1 by the Tunisian keeper. We created chances and broke through their lines multiple times, none of that has happened from the Gambians in this game…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:47 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:44 pm

What are you talking about, we did have shots on target so you are just talking nonsense…do you not remember the save on Moses’ 1v1 by the Tunisian keeper. We created chances and broke through their lines multiple times, none of that has happened from the Gambians in this game…
It will surprise to know that the Moses chance was our ONLY shot on target. :lol:

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

joplass wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:45 pm
The Goddess wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:40 pm Cameroon has a very good team.Their play depends on their adversary
That has been the case for every Cameroonian team. In Italy 90, Beckenbaeur said he does not wish to play Cameroon because they don't have one a system of play to setup against. They play differently ways in one match depending on the opponent.
Did we beat a different Cameroon in the previous AFCON and the 2018 World Cup qualifiers?

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Excellent player Castelletto
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Blast it! These Plantainians are going to win this thing at this rate... :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Too much for Gambia to handle now. Good bye Gambia, you tried.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

SylverEagles wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:52 pm Blast it! These Plantainians are going to win this thing at this rate... :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
:tic:
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

I feel sorry for The Gambia, their coach was running his mouth before the game