Why is Cameroon

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why is Cameroon

Post by ohsee »

The Goddess wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:19 pm not highly rated in this afcon on this forum? :sneaky:
Your Goddessness! :shock: You came home to your favourite place, and you did not tell me? I am not happy. :mad:
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

theDunamis wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:32 pm
The Goddess wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:09 pm
marutimon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:48 pm From the teams that played so far the best overall form was that of Senegal or Cameroon.
Senegal hasnt really been good. I´ll say Ivory coast, Morocco and I heard Nigeria (didnt watch them play till Tunisia) played well.

Cameroon played better than any other remaining team but are being treated as if they were just scrapping through.
Again, it is based on the level of opposition Cameroon have been facing. There is no conspiracy theory or rocket science around this. When Cameroon meet the other big boys in African football and they show what they are made of, no true football fan will deny them a high rating.

In any case, why do you care how anyone rates your team. As long as the team is taking care of business where it counts, what do you care?
One must debunk false narratives!
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

ohsee wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:15 am
The Goddess wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:19 pm not highly rated in this afcon on this forum? :sneaky:
Your Goddessness! :shock: You came home to your favourite place, and you did not tell me? I am not happy. :mad:
Ohsee, when will you quit this forum? I´ll start a pledge to exil you from this place. :sneaky:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The Goddess wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:53 pm
Ohsee, when will you quit this forum? I´ll start a pledge to exil you from this place. :sneaky:
:D :taunt:
This woman. I will never quit. :thumbs: Don't you know I am a CE god :biggrin: :winking: ? I was here at the beginning, and I will be here at the end. :thumbs: By the way, Cameroon is about to be exiled from AFCON by Egypt. :D :taunt: Make una see Egypt who we beat about to land for final. :mad:
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

ohsee wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:08 pm
This woman. I will never quit. :thumbs: Don't you know I am a CE god :biggrin: :winking: ? I was here at the beginning, and I will be here at the end. :thumbs: By the way, Cameroon is about to be exiled from AFCON by Egypt. :D :taunt: Make una see Egypt who we beat about to land for final. :mad:
I heard all the Nigerian babalawos(prophets) have predicted a Cameroonian defeat. I hereby make a bold prediction
Cameroon 3 Egypt 0 :-x :-x
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Egypt manager Carlos Queiroz said that Cameroon federation president Samuel Eto'o was out of line with his comments that urged the Africa Cup of Nations hosts to prepare for "war" against their semifinal opponents ahead of Thursday's meeting.

The two teams will square off at the Olembe Stadium on Thursday -- only 10 days after eight people lost their lives and 38 were injured, seven seriously, during a stampede outside of the venue ahead of Cameroon's last-16 win over Comoros.

- Africa Cup of Nations bracket and fixtures schedule
- Africa Cup of Nations: Everything you need to know

In a video shared by the team's media outlet FECAFOOT TV following Cameroon's 2-0 quarterfinal victory over Gambia, Eto'o is shown speaking to the squad ahead of the semifinal as they look to reach the tournament showpiece for the first time since 2017.

"We have one objective, our next [game], it's Thursday," Eto'o said. "Everything you've done, you need to capitalise on it. Prepare yours, because it will be a war, my guys, a war.

"That's how you have to get fired up for this one -- a war."

Eto'o won two AFCON trophies and an Olympic gold medal with the Indomitable Lions, as well as several club titles with Barcelona.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Queiroz said the comments by Eto'o star were "unfortunate."

"It's an unfortunate comment and a very bad message to the people of Cameroon," Queiroz said. "I think he forgot that Cameroonian people died at the stadium several days ago, and so making this declaration of war before one game shows that he learned nothing from his time in professional football.

"It was a very, very unfortunate comment, because football is not about war, it's about celebration, joy and happiness.

"We are going to answer to war with football, we're going to answer football with joy," he continued. "We're here to please the people, not to make people die, but to give them fun and some joy."

After removing one quarterfinal from the Olembe Stadium while an investigation into the cause of the deadly stampede took place, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) announced on Sunday that the Cameroon-Egypt semifinal and the Feb. 6 final would be held at the 60,000-seater stadium only after additional safety measures were to implemented.

CAF, the local organising committee and the Cameroonian government have established greater security measures and mobilised increased resources in order to ensure the safety and security of match-going fans.

Ex-Real Madrid head coach Queiroz also pressed CAF to take action against the Eto'o.

"There are people who are starving whose only moment of happiness is when their team wins a match," Queiroz continued. "So to challenge the Cameroon team to come and play war against us is something I have to leave to CAF, because one comment like this is a red card.

"War is to protect people who die in the doors of the stadiums, people who don't have food to eat -- that is war."

On Monday, the Cameroon federation said that the players would donate their bonuses for qualification to the tournament knockout rounds to the victims of the stampede. Eto'o also paid visit to some of those still hospitalised following the crush.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/africa-cup- ... um-tragedy
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Now Egypt want the Gambian ref Gassama reassigned...

Comon WTF?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Two of the top strikers in the tournament all from Cameroon.
Two players with most assists, Fai and Ngalamou, all from Cameroon.
Give credit where credit is due. Lol
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Delectable combative godessa :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Where've you and all of Eve's daughters been all these years? :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The Goddess wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:26 am
I heard all the Nigerian babalawos(prophets) have predicted a Cameroonian defeat. I hereby make a bold prediction
:D
I actually want Cameroon to beat Egypt. Those Egyptos are useless muthafookers, always doing big boi gra-gra when facing black African teams, but turning into frightened little mice when facing Europeans in the World Cup. :mad: But after Cameroon demolish Egypt, I want Senegal to beat Cameroon and win this edition of AFCON :thumbs: In fact, I am going to meet my babalawo dis evening and donate many Canadian nairas to him so he can work juju for Cameroon to lose in the final. :D
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Spot on bro. The Egyptians are an embarassment
ohsee wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:20 am
The Goddess wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:26 am
:D
I actually want Cameroon to beat Egypt. Those Egyptos are useless muthafookers, always doing big boi gra-gra when facing black African teams, but turning into frightened little mice when facing Europeans in the World Cup. :mad: But after Cameroon demolish Egypt, I want Senegal to beat Cameroon and win this edition of AFCON :thumbs: In fact, I am going to meet my babalawo dis evening and donate many Canadian nairas to him so he can work juju for Cameroon to lose in the final. :D
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I want Egypt to win lol.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bia, na how you dey carry style sneak back into your husband's house? :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The Goddess wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:54 am
Orion wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:18 pm People get a general feel for a team. Cameroon teams from the 80s, 90s and early 2000s were very highly rated, but since then it's been so so. Consistent poor performances at the world cup also do not help. You'll notice non-Nigerians here also do not rate this Cameroonian team so it's not just a bad belle thing.

However, Cameroon has been growing as they progressed in this tournament (unlike Nigeria that peaked too early) so Cameroon may well go on to win this if they get past Egypt.
Im not talking about Woldcup performances, I´m talking about this afcon. And non Nigerians could also be suffering from Bad Bellerism.
I like the effectiveness and efficiency of this Cameroon squad.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

1naija wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:52 pm Unstable Tobi, when was this meeting with Nigerians where this deep down feelings were expressed? I am assuming you were the secretary at the meeting, right?
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:43 pm Rivalry for the most part, but deep down Nigerians really respect and recognize how good this Cameroon team is
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My great grand uncle running riot as usual...
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

txj wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:58 pm Now Egypt want the Gambian ref Gassama reassigned...

Comon WTF?
Egypt just setting the stage for a protest if they lose.
I hope Cameroon trash them enough, so there will be no doubt about their victory.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Cellular wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:10 am
Husband? When did this so called husband ever propose? :mad: And which husband doesnt go searching for his runaway wife? :)
Last edited by The Goddess on Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

The Goddess wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:23 pm
Husband? When did this so called husband ever proposed? :mad: And which husband doesnt go searching for his runaway wife? :)

The one that has 33 wives and 80 mistresses. But that's just a guess.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

theDunamis wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:47 pm
Husband? When did this so called husband ever proposed? :mad: And which husband doesnt go searching for his runaway wife? :)

Nah even the guy with the 99 sheep went looking for the lost one.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

The Goddess wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:08 pm
theDunamis wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:47 pm

Nah even the guy with the 99 sheep went looking for the lost one.
That guy was special. You really are comparing mere mortals to that perfect guy? :taunt:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Your Goddessness, das why Cameroon was not highly rated. Na so-so jambodi full una team. :mad:
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Goddess is that you my dear?
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

theDunamis wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:59 pm
I don't believe your statement in general is true. Cameroon is respected by many Nigerians and a matchup between both nations is never seen as an easy one for any knowledgeable Naija fan.

Specific to this tournament though, I believe the fact that Cameroon has not faced any real test -- I mean Burkina Faso (#60) is the highest-ranking team Cameroon has faced in its 5 matches so far -- may explain why folks don't rate Cameroon highly yet.

And there you have it Goddess. Cameroon's first real test against a highly ranked team and they could neither bamba nor chill with the big boys.