[AFCON 2021 SF #2] Cameroun 0(1) Egypt 0(3) PKs. Egypt advance to the final!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [AFCON 2021 SF #2] Cameroun 0 Egypt 0

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:59 pm
Odas wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:55 pm
metalalloy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:47 pm First quality opponent they jam, dem quench.. mschewwwww abegi go siddon for corner my friend!
Not really if you are talking of Cameroon. The game went to 'shoot-out' and you know what that means. So, Cameroon didn't do bad at all.
Yea, and i know they lost. They had an easy #$% schedule couldn't come through when it mattered the most.

Abeg Senegal , do the correct ting jo, we cant just be letting local champions be claiming this cup like this haba!
It seems many of us (here) want Senegal to win it. I hope they do.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [AFCON 2021 SF #2] Cameroun 0(1) Egypt 0(3) PKs. Egypt advance to the final!

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:00 pm You can tell Egypt actually played for the PKs, almost as if they knew they were destined to win this game on PKs
Certainly Egypt came with a game-plan which - luckily - worked for them, just like Tunisia's plan against us worked for them
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:02 pm
metalalloy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:47 pm First quality opponent they jam, dem quench.. mschewwwww abegi go siddon for corner my friend!
Not really if you are talking of Cameroon. The game went to 'shoot-out' and you know what that means. So, Cameroon didn't do bad at all.
Yea, and i know they lost. They had an easy #$% schedule couldn't come through when it mattered the most.

Abeg Senegal , do the correct ting jo, we cant just be letting local champions be claiming this cup like this haba!
8 AFCONs by Egypt, get as e be oooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [AFCON 2021 SF #2] Cameroun 0(1) Egypt 0(3) PKs. Egypt advance to the final!

Post by ohsee »

airwolex wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:02 pm In hindsight he should not have removed Ekanbi, the replacements were just not good enough. Njie has always been suspect to me. Whatever happened to Matip btw?
I believe he quit playing for Cameruin. He does not play "agricultural" football, aka jambodi.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

ohsee wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:02 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:57 pm Senegal won't be as forgiving in front of goal as Cameroun. Watch and see. They will win the final comfortably.
I have started killing chickens to Amadioha for this very purpose. Though I am not sure if Amadioha is the god of footie. That footie god seems to favour the useless North Africans who do not deserve to win any AFCONs based on their pathetic performances at World Cups.
:lol: :lol:

I don dey tok am since long time. If black African teams could finish to save their lives, Egypt would not have won half the cups they have won, and we would have shown serious pepper to many teams at the WC. We just don't have players with the technical quality to finish chances, and said players don't seem to be interested in improving this aspect of their craft. I don dey tok am since, but nobody wan hear. They would rather dribble :rotf: into cul-de-sac discussions about this player and dat player and dis coach and dat coach. Oya mek we wait for World Cup now. :mad:
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:07 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:57 pm Senegal won't be as forgiving in front of goal as Cameroun. Watch and see. They will win the final comfortably.
I have started killing chickens to Amadioha for this very purpose. Though I am not sure if Amadioha is the god of footie. That footie god seems to favour the useless North Africans who do not deserve to win any AFCONs based on their pathetic performances at World Cups.

I don dey tok am since long time. If black African teams could finish to save their lives, Egypt would not have won half the cups they have won, and we would have shown serious pepper to many teams at the WC. We just don't have players with the technical quality to finish chances, and said players don't seem to be interested in improving this aspect of their craft. I don dey tok am since, but nobody wan hear. They would rather dribble :rotf: into cul-de-sac discussions about this player and dat player and dis coach and dat coach. Oya mek we wait for World Cup now. :mad:

African teams simply can't finish. Fact
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

I don dey tok am since long time. If black African teams could finish to save their lives, Egypt would not have won half the cups they have won, and we would have shown serious pepper to many teams at the WC. We just don't know how to finish chances. I don dey tok am since, but nobody wan hear. they would rather dribble :rotf: into cul-de-sac discussions about this player and dat player and dis coach and dat coach. Oya mek we wait for World Cup now. :mad:
Scipio nwannem nwoke, you are very, very, very correct indeed at all. When I see African players doing brainless things in front of goal, I want to punch them through the TV screen, useless modafockas. :mad: Mane though, has been a very big exception, doing the right thing 90% of the time. I hope the Egyptians don't use devious tactics to get him off the field. Senegal should win on paper. They have at least 4 genuine (not Naija style) world class players. But no be world class dey win tournament.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Comrade Machel wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:15 pm

Abeg thank you. I have resigned myself to the usual 3 and out at the WC. Anything extra will be a pleasant surprise.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:16 pm

I don dey tok am since long time. If black African teams could finish to save their lives, Egypt would not have won half the cups they have won, and we would have shown serious pepper to many teams at the WC. We just don't know how to finish chances. I don dey tok am since, but nobody wan hear. they would rather dribble :rotf: into cul-de-sac discussions about this player and dat player and dis coach and dat coach. Oya mek we wait for World Cup now. :mad:
Scipio nwannem nwoke, you are very, very, very correct indeed at all. When I see African players doing brainless things in front of goal, I want to punch them through the TV screen, useless modafockas. :mad: Mane though, has been a very big exception, doing the right thing 90% of the time. I hope the Egyptians don't use devious tactics to get him off the field. Senegal should win on paper. They have at least 4 genuine (not Naija style) world class players. But no be world class dey win tournament.
Okeosisi, you nailed it. Gbam!! I put that down to Klopp's influence. Mane is a consummate team player playing in one of the best teams in the world. He is my player of the tournament.

Chei, did you see how many beautifully constructed moves Cameroun produced in this game? They created at least 3 high quality chances! Scuffed the ball on two of them and I don't know what on the other one. I wish we could get a Klopp to work with these blockheaded players.

Anyway Senegal know how to disrupt an opponents rhythm and they know how to score scrappy goals. Fodamore if Mane is involved, forget it, and then you have the tower named Mendy in goal for them, a Champions league winning GK. Join me in congratulating Senegal on their first AFCON. They will win it.
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this Egypt nah real yeye team. just using 0-0 and pk luck to reach who knows where.. then trust ITK txj to crown them, all because a liverpool player dey there.. tell us the exciting football they've played? they couldn't score goals vs Nigeria , CIV or Cameroon .. abeg make we hear word
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

It was a case of two evils for me in Egypt and Cameroon, Egypt winning was more of a consolation cause they were the lesser of both evils... now Senegal make West Africa proud by beating these Egyptians.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SCopio, yes you have a point , however the yeye Egypr sef no fit score goals..kai this thing dey pain me no be small
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:25 pm
ohsee wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:16 pm

Okeosisi, you nailed it. Gbam!! I put that down to Klopp's influence. Mane is a consummate team player playing in one of the best teams in the world. He is my player of the tournament.

Chei, did you see how many beautifully constructed moves Cameroun produced in this game? They created at least 3 high quality chances! Scuffed the ball on two of them and I don't know what on the other one. I wish we could get a Klopp to work with these blockheaded players.

Anyway Senegal know how to disrupt an opponents rhythm and they know how to score scrappy goals. Fodamore if Mane is involved, forget it, and then you have the tower named Mendy in goal for them, a Champions league winning GK. Join me in congratulating Senegal on their first AFCON. They will win it.
I hope they win it and also qualify for the WC... cannot stand these NA teams
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

lacidi wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:01 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:56 pm
txj wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:55 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:52 pm
txj wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:49 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:47 pm Nigeria are the ONLY team that made this Egypt team look very ordinary

You think this is the same team from that game?
i guess they brought in new players after the loss vs the SE :roll: :roll:

I said team, not players.

Not very smart are u?
but miles ahead of you intellectually
Don't mind the guy. He will say anything just to belittle SE win against Egypt. Not same team my foot!

Not really saying anything new here or for that matter interested in comparing them to SE; we are out.

The best tournament teams are the ones that grow with the competition.

Best eg was probably Italy in WC '82.

Same can be said of Nigeria in 2013 and '88...

This Egypt team is miles away from where they started...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

airwolex wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:55 pm
Odas wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:53 pm
ojafranpa wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:50 pm Senegal will win 2-1.
I hope Senegal wins it, I really do
I can't trust those guys. They rely too much on Mane and agricultural football. I don't care who wins it. There were no stand out teams in the Afcon.

Cameroons problem was their squad. Not enough depth. When the big guns failed to fire, they brought in scrubs. I think Bassagog playsbin Indonesia or something

They lack quality indepth. But they also made some serious tactical errors in the game and appeared to tire a bit in 2hf, which surprised me.

But u have to credit Queiroz here, annoying as he might be. His constant shifts in shape and positions here has been outstanding.

But even more important, the value of the domestic league as in players from the Egyptian league- Zamalek, Ahly, etc

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

This is the level of prep you have to do to give yourself an advantage... the Egypt GK knew were the Cameroon penalty takers were likely to shoot because the info was taped to his water bottle.

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Comrade Machel wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:15 pm

My bros, the thing pain me no be small. Even hockey playing Canadians are better at finishing than black African teams. An African player would have scuffed the play below at yesterday's World Cup Qualifying Canada vs El Salvador.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:07 pm
Odas wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:02 pm

8 AFCONs by Egypt, get as e be oooo
... and that's exactly my main reason for wanting them to lose to Senegal. No be only dem dey for Africa
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:38 pm This is the level of prep you have to do to give yourself an advantage... the Egypt GK knew were the Cameroon penalty takers were likely to shoot because the info was taped to his water bottle.

Now this is NEXT LEVEL type of prep, almost scientific... you've got to give it to these North Africans when it comes to mind games.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:40 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:38 pm This is the level of prep you have to do to give yourself an advantage... the Egypt GK knew were the Cameroon penalty takers were likely to shoot because the info was taped to his water bottle.

Now this is NEXT LEVEL type of prep, almost scientific... you've got to give it to these North Africans when it comes to mind games.
I am pretty sure all teams do this to a certain extent. Plus I am not even sure how effective it is. The regular pk takers scored for Cameroon. No way did the keeper have intel for the number 4 and Njie. They were the two that missed.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:26 pm this Egypt nah real yeye team. just using 0-0 and pk luck to reach who knows where.. then trust ITK txj to crown them, all because a liverpool player dey there.. tell us the exciting football they've played? they couldn't score goals vs Nigeria , CIV or Cameroon .. abeg make we hear word

They won bro. I'm pretty sure u wouldn't be saying this if it was the SE scratching and clawing their way to the final.

And its not luck. Not in a million years. The work rate alone is something else...Cameroon couldn't live with that!

Its not about exciting football. If you want that go to the circus!

Its about organization, work rate, discipline and balance...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:00 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:26 pm this Egypt nah real yeye team. just using 0-0 and pk luck to reach who knows where.. then trust ITK txj to crown them, all because a liverpool player dey there.. tell us the exciting football they've played? they couldn't score goals vs Nigeria , CIV or Cameroon .. abeg make we hear word

They won bro. I'm pretty sure u wouldn't be saying this if it was the SE scratching and clawing their way to the final.

And its not luck. Not in a million years. The work rate alone is something else...Cameroon couldn't live with that!

Its not about exciting football. If you want that go to the circus!

Its about organization, work rate, discipline and balance...
they are no different from Iran in 2014/18
SuperEagles