The Egyptian Goalie Is Special

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: The Egyptian Goalie Is Special

Post by kalani JR »

balo wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:34 pm Has anyone seen the allegation about the Egyptian Keeper, and by extension the Egyptian team cheating during the penalty shootout? The guy had a water bottle that he was pretending to be drinking from. Wrapped in a white towel. I did notice him acting like he wanted to drink from the bottle but didn't. I felt at the time that was weird.

Now the story is out.

That's not cheating. keepers use cheatsheets all the time.

For what it's worth, despite this allegation, I believe his in-game heroics were tremendous.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kalani JR wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:47 pm
balo wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:34 pm Has anyone seen the allegation about the Egyptian Keeper, and by extension the Egyptian team cheating during the penalty shootout? The guy had a water bottle that he was pretending to be drinking from. Wrapped in a white towel. I did notice him acting like he wanted to drink from the bottle but didn't. I felt at the time that was weird.

Now the story is out.

For what it's worth, despite this allegation, I believe his in-game heroics were tremendous.
lol. If it's not cheating why was he hiding it? Why didn't they just put a prompter right next to him?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

balo wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:26 pm

Now the story is out.

lol. If it's not cheating why was he hiding it? Why didn't they just put a prompter right next to him?
Probably same reason coaches of one team don’t go show the opposition coaches their notes/strategies etc, it’s for his eyes only…Even on EPL broadcasts they show on TV the last five PK placements of the particular kicker and I’m pretty sure that info has been passed to the keeper. It’s well known info, they could have used signals/signs from the bench or verbally told him but this is probably the most efficient way to pass that info lol. I actually salute the ingenuity. Remember coaches at times give paper notes to subs to go give a specific player with no issues or any accusations of cheating. It’s called being prepared.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:53 pm

Now the story is out.

Probably same reason coaches of one team don’t go show the opposition coaches their notes/strategies etc, it’s for his eyes only…Even on EPL broadcasts they show on TV the last five PK placements of the particular kicker and I’m pretty sure that info has been passed to the keeper. It’s well known info, they could have used signals/signs from the bench or verbally told him but this is probably the most efficient way to pass that info lol. I actually salute the ingenuity. Remember coaches at times give paper notes to subs to go give a specific player with no issues or any accusations of cheating. It’s called being prepared.
Every team prepare for the opponent. And coaches do send instructions on paper to players. But this Keeper's orijo get as e be. He had the real SeneLeaks gummed to that water bottle.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

mystic wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:41 am Egypt is certainly blessed with goalkeepers. It's a shame that one of these two teams will be missing out on the World Cup.
No great shakes if Egypt misses out.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Now the story is out.

So the penalty taker can see which way he'll dive?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:23 am

Now the story is out.

So the penalty taker can see which way he'll dive?
The penalty taker could use some help too. But if it's not cheating, he could just walk up to the teleprompter and call up the data of the next penalty taker.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

DAgrin wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:28 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:35 pm If Mane hadn't played the perfect kick, he would have saved it. His juju powerful
He is a solid goalkeeper.
But what juju in this case?
I noticed he saved all his penalties against Ivory Coast, Cameroon and Senegal diving in his favourite right corner.
I wonder why the Cameroonian and Senegalese players continued to shoot into that corner when the goalkeeper is diving 4 out of 5 times in that corner.
To me this implies a lack of professionalism and pure ignorance. Cameroon deserved to go out on penalties. If you are not clever enough to scout your opponent, you deserve your fate.
:lol: :lol: You're assuming they even practiced penas because, it didn't look like they did.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu