It appears Frank Lampard is legit o

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It appears Frank Lampard is legit o

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:28 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:10 pm Lampard did NOT fail at Derby. Thats a complete lie.

He also did NOT fail at Chelsea. He did not have a transfer window the first year and actually used the kids to perform quite well. if given time would he have failed, ABSOLUTELY! I HAVE NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT! :lol: :lol: But if we are being completely honest he did not fail per se. His second season was not great and he could have done much better, but thats not failure.

At Everton he is absolutely failing and if they are not careful, he will relegate them. Looking at their fixtures, there are maybe only 2 games I see them collecting wins from. What they need now is an assistant who is defensively minded to come in and help him.

Its shocking the way he played against tottenham. Complete naïveté. You watched tottenham play their last 6 games and you thought it was wise to show up and play with that defensive line??? :rotf: :rotf: city that is 10000000000 x better than you got picked off playing a high line and you thought you should do the same? When sitting back and hitting tottenham on the counter would have guaranteed you a victory??? :lol:
Sitting back in a defence with error prone Michael Keane, my brother either way they were doomed to be beaten with that defence.
Uncle, I defer to you, but I would be surprised. Crap teams in Europa Conference League knocked Spurs out by sitting back! Middlesbrough and Burnley did the same. Wolves and Southampton did the same. Conte knows how to play only one tactic and if you sit back, you will defeat his team. Its shocking that its actually that simple. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

I couldn't get my head around the naivete of it all - after 10mins, it was clear it was going to be a routing if Lampard continue to play like that, and play like that they did for the remaining 80! Pathetic, the relegation battle will be very interesting
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Tottenham are near experts at the hurried counter vs the high defensive line. What Lampard did was tantamount to treason higher than Scott Pipen on stilts smoking Snoop Dog’s most bespoke sticky icky icky. Absolute madness. Yes he should’ve sat back, offered up some sort of resistance and forced Tottenham out as the home side.

With Wolves, Newcastle and West Ham to come, points will come at a premium. If the Toffees survive, it will be solely down to the fact that 3 teams were more poorly managed.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:55 pm
oloye wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:28 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:10 pm Lampard did NOT fail at Derby. Thats a complete lie.

He also did NOT fail at Chelsea. He did not have a transfer window the first year and actually used the kids to perform quite well. if given time would he have failed, ABSOLUTELY! I HAVE NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT! :lol: :lol: But if we are being completely honest he did not fail per se. His second season was not great and he could have done much better, but thats not failure.

At Everton he is absolutely failing and if they are not careful, he will relegate them. Looking at their fixtures, there are maybe only 2 games I see them collecting wins from. What they need now is an assistant who is defensively minded to come in and help him.

Its shocking the way he played against tottenham. Complete naïveté. You watched tottenham play their last 6 games and you thought it was wise to show up and play with that defensive line??? :rotf: :rotf: city that is 10000000000 x better than you got picked off playing a high line and you thought you should do the same? When sitting back and hitting tottenham on the counter would have guaranteed you a victory??? :lol:
Sitting back in a defence with error prone Michael Keane, my brother either way they were doomed to be beaten with that defence.
Uncle, I defer to you, but I would be surprised. Crap teams in Europa Conference League knocked Spurs out by sitting back! Middlesbrough and Burnley did the same. Wolves and Southampton did the same. Conte knows how to play only one tactic and if you sit back, you will defeat his team. Its shocking that its actually that simple. :rotf: :rotf:
The highlighted part is why i said sitting back would not help them that much. Maybe prevent them from collecting 5. Their defence is terrible, how many goals have Keane cost them this season, nothing less than 6. I watched them hold City sitting deep, las lasl, like the defenders at Crystal Palace Keane managed to strike on the last minute.

Sitting back is not given, you still need personnel who wont cause penalty or give away free goals. I dont think this Everton defence have that ability. That is my point. You cannot compare those defences you mention to what Everton parades, that is why they are staring relegation in the face.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle, Did you see Spurs in Conference League and against Middlesbrough?????? :lol:

Keane is better than the defenders Spurs faced in the Conference league and Middlesbrough. Trust me on this one. sitting back is A GIVEN with Tottenham. :lol: If you want to beat Spurs, just deny them space behind and its that easy! simply that easy. LOL.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle Oloye,

Did you see see how United defeated Tottenham? As worthless as United is and as terrible as their defense is, yet, you saw how they did it? The same way all those conference teams did it! Like I said, beating Tottenham is easy! You don’t need to even put in effort… just sit back and they will be clueless. They can’t defend because they have crap defenders and they can’t score against you because their coach only knows one way and can’t adapt.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

This thread has aged well :taunt:
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Yep ‘legitly’ a fraud….
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

E be like say Lampard don enter ogbono soup oh
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:00 pm E be like say Lampard don enter ogbono soup oh
His only credentials for bagging the Everton job was his nationality and popularity.

Based on his track record, the bobo had no business coaching a team in a relegation battle. Just watched this game today and they are absolutely without direction, and his substitutions are complete nonsense. At this point, smart money is on Everton getting relegated.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

charlie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:43 pm This thread has aged well :taunt:
If you know Chinwuruwuru, you wont be surprised. :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:53 pm
oloye wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:00 pm E be like say Lampard don enter ogbono soup oh
His only credentials for bagging the Everton job was his nationality and popularity.

Based on his track record, the bobo had no business coaching a team in a relegation battle. Just watched this game today and they are absolutely without direction, and his substitutions are complete nonsense. At this point, smart money is on Everton getting relegated.
Unless a football miracle happens ,they are going down.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Surprise surprise, I am seeing and hearing some Everton fans blaming Rafa Benitez for this current fiasco.
Whatever happened to new manager bounce
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cito wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:23 pm Yep ‘legitly’ a fraud….
:agree: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:51 pm Surprise surprise, I am seeing and hearing some Everton fans blaming Rafa Benitez for this current fiasco.
Rafa has to take a share of the blame, he drove the bus into the alley. They were already looking dead. Lampard presented as a driver who could navigate the bus away from the dark alley,but so far has shown he does not appear to know where he is going never mind navigating the bus out of the alley.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:51 pm Surprise surprise, I am seeing and hearing some Everton fans blaming Rafa Benitez for this current fiasco.
You think they shouldnt? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Two things--

1. When Rafa was hired, I said this will be the biggest mistake of his career. the man never learns his lesson. There are some jobs where you cant win. If you win, the people will refuse that you won. However, if you fail, the people will murder you in a way you have never been murdered! He took the Chelsea job, knowing full well that the Chelsea fans hated him! That was a no win. He then took the Inter Milan job, knowing full well that his biggest nemesis was a "god" there and nothing he will ever do will make him accepted! He then made the mistake of acting like a child, removing Mourinho's pictures from the club, trying to wipe of Mourinho's memory! A man who just won them the treble??!! :rotf: :rotf: of course that made him public enemy number 1 and he was fired! Then, being the true arrogant man that he is, he then decided to go to Everton! :rotf: :rotf: A place were they despise you! What was he thinking?? That was a zero winnable situation! even if he did well there, the fans will never accept him and if anything went wrong--- if the clock stopped working in the canteen, the fans will blame him!

2. he is now a very very very very bad coach! very bad! This is a guy who was fighting relegation in China. When i say, he is finished, he is beyond finished! HE came and took them right into the gutter and gave Lampard the team to finally bury them. :lol: :lol:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

But guys i get that Rafa didn't leave Everton in a good place, but i seem to remember that Lampard came in and even had time to go into the transfer market and get a couple of signings that he said would revive the club.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

have yall seen their fixtures, in April they play Westham, Pool, unitrd and Chelsea
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:02 pm have yall seen their fixtures, in April they play Westham, Pool, unitrd and Chelsea
Yes o Big P, that is why they get paid the big bucks, if the kitchen is too hot, I guess Lampard can leave. Seriously, when you watch teams like Wolves and Crystal Palace demonstrate what a good coach can achieve, I have no pity for Everton who decided against that Portugese guy for some weird reason in exchange for the English Darling - definitely no Gerrard is he :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

GG of G wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:05 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:02 pm have yall seen their fixtures, in April they play Westham, Pool, unitrd and Chelsea
Yes o Big P, that is why they get paid the big bucks, if the kitchen is too hot, I guess Lampard can leave. Seriously, when you watch teams like Wolves and Crystal Palace demonstrate what a good coach can achieve, I have no pity for Everton who decided against that Portugese guy for some weird reason in exchange for the English Darling - definitely no Gerrard is he :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
i am only concerned about our IWobi
SuperEagles

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:01 pm
GG of G wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:05 pm
i am only concerned about our IWobi
Iwobi will be fine and leave that club to a bigger club
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oya come out and chop pie
SuperEagles