Russia should be kicked out of the worldcup

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Russia should be kicked out of the worldcup

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60536030

Robert Lewandowski has backed Poland's boycott of their World Cup play-off against Russia in March because of the invasion of Ukraine, saying "we can't pretend that nothing is happening".
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Russia should be kicked out of the worldcup

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The corrupt cowards at FIFA are too afraid. Meanwhile Poland and Sweden have refused to participate in their playoff games against Russia

Wha choo looking at?!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Will be interesting to see what they do...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Football unites!
Russian footballers and fans shouldn't be isolated.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

belarus is one thing. lets wait and see
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

^^^
That biatch Priti, like most Tories is probably on the Kremlin’s payroll

Wha choo looking at?!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

What happened about Iraq many years ago?
Is there hypocrisy?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Oguleftie wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:44 am What happened about Iraq many years ago?
Is there hypocrisy?
Bingo.
I was even hesitating to ask that kind of question here, in case insults rain upon me :laugh: .
We even have some bad things going on in Palestine right now for years.
But who am i
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

benteke wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:31 am
Oguleftie wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:44 am What happened about Iraq many years ago?
Is there hypocrisy?
Bingo.
I was even hesitating to ask that kind of question here, in case insults rain upon me :laugh: .
We even have some bad things going on in Palestine right now for years.
But who am i
[/quote
Exactly.
Israel bombs Palestine right into the dark ages and the media barely mentions it in passing. The hypocrisy is just astounding.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Was Nigeria kicked out of AFCON during Biafra war.
I thought you guys argued that players have nothing to do with their government actions when that Protester entered train in Vienna with super falcons to protest Nigerias killings of innocent people. You insisted that the players have nothing to do with governments actions. And when NNamdi Kalu said that iheanachu and ndidi shouldn’t be waving Nigerias flag. Let’s admit that you guys are full of bull droppings
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Is there hypocrisy?
It did affect the US and the UK badly internationally. These countries are too influential of course to suffer any major consequences, but people showed their displeasure in the areas they could. I remember the UK being booed at the Eurovision song contest and receiving 0 votes. Being booed in football, their bid to host the 2006 WC was met with derision etc. No one had the clout to kick them out of the competition of course.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

jette1 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:24 pm Was Nigeria kicked out of AFCON during Biafra war.
I thought you guys argued that players have nothing to do with their government actions when that Protester entered train in Vienna with super falcons to protest Nigerias killings of innocent people. You insisted that the players have nothing to do with governments actions. And when NNamdi Kalu said that iheanachu and ndidi shouldn’t be waving Nigerias flag. Let’s admit that you guys are full of bull droppings
Nigeria was not in AFCOn during that perios..focus Jette
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:10 pm
jette1 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:24 pm Was Nigeria kicked out of AFCON during Biafra war.
Nigeria was not in AFCOn during that perios..focus Jette
Did you miss the point or did you conveniently blindfolded yourself; do players represent the government or not.
It’s a double bind question so let’s hear your answer
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Orion wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:51 pm
Is there hypocrisy?
It did affect the US and the UK badly internationally. These countries are too influential of course to suffer any major consequences, but people showed their displeasure in the areas they could. I remember the UK being booed at the Eurovision song contest and receiving 0 votes. Being booed in football, their bid to host the 2006 WC was met with derision etc. No one had the clout to kick them out of the competition of course.
It's not that they didn't have the clout.
They just lacked the courage and conviction to stand strong and loudly call for that. If they had done that in numbers like they are doing now, then it would have happened.
But they are all cowards and hypocrites who are complicit in double standards and are acting all brave now but in reality they are just barking on behalf of the US.
Many of them can't say anything about what goes on in Palestine and other hotspots
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

benteke wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:31 pm
Is there hypocrisy?
They just lacked the courage and conviction to stand strong and loudly call for that. If they had done that in numbers like they are doing now, then it would have happened.
But they are all cowards and hypocrites who are complicit in double standards and are acting all brave now but in reality they are just barking on behalf of the US.
Many of them can't say anything about what goes on in Palestine and other hotspots
No, other nations really didn’t have the clout. I think you underestimate the hegemonic power of these two nations in the Western economy. In the 18th century, Britain used their naval power to defeat France, the Dutch Republic, and Spain to become the preeminent superpower. They forged the western economy and placed themselves right at the centre of it. The US simply took over from where Britain left off. Winning WWII and defeating a rising German empire only further consolidated the power that they still hold today. You go against them when your economy is dependent on this sphere of the world’s economy, and you'll get a serious black eye.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Orion wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:52 pm
benteke wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:31 pm
Is there hypocrisy?
No, other nations really didn’t have the clout. I think you underestimate the hegemonic power of these two nations in the Western economy. In the 18th century, Britain used their naval power to defeat France, the Dutch Republic, and Spain to become the preeminent superpower. They forged the western economy and placed themselves right at the centre of it. The US simply took over from where Britain left off. Winning WWII and defeating a rising German empire only further consolidated the power that they still hold today. You go against them when your economy is dependent on this sphere of the world’s economy, and you'll get a serious black eye.
At least in a way you agree with me and others here in that this is more about not upsetting the big bullies, keeping them happy and just double standards, appearing to stand firmer for the right things only when it doesn't upset the big bullies.
The world is not a fair place anyway
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Dis wan gerasimbi.

Imagine if African countries had done similar in 2011 and called out Amelikkka and UKKK in like manner.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Absolutely not. This is actually why we have the Olympics and sports in general. Sports should bring people together, not used as a political tool. Why should Russian footballers be punished because of the actions of their government? Let me guess you also support banning channels like RT?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

FIFA better not. If they do they better be consistent and kick Israel out. Also kick the US and UK out, the next time they decide to invade a country like Libya.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

FIFA to let Russia compete in WC as a federation.

Just like the ROC competes in the Olympics.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kabalega wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:18 pm Football unites!
Russian footballers and fans shouldn't be isolated.
The world has gone mad i tell you.
Football now only unites when it pleases certain people.
Selective outrage is what bothers me.
I have absolutely no problem with people being upset at the loss of human life needlessly, but it has to be the same anytime it happens, all human lives are important.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ukraine crisis: Russia told not to compete under national flag
27 February 2022
England

Fifa has told Russia to complete their upcoming games in neutral territory under the name the Football Union of Russia without their flag and anthem following the invasion of Ukraine.

Several nations have announced they will refuse to play Russia, including England and Wales, as well as Poland, the Czech Republic and Sweden.

World Cup 2022 play-offs would see Russia face Poland before facing either the Czech Republic or Sweden if they win - and are scheduled to be played in March.

Russian President Vladimir Putin launched a military invasion of neighbouring Ukraine on Thursday.

Polish football association president Cezary Kulesza said Fifa's decision was "totally unacceptable", while the Swedish FA and the Czech Republic FA reiterated their stances that they would not play Russia.

"We are not interested in participating in this game of appearances. Our stance remains intact: Polish National Team will not play with Russia, no matter what the name of the team is," he said.

Swedish FA president Karl-Erik Nilsson told Fotbollskanalen they were "not satisfied" with Fifa's decision.

He said: "Our opinion is not different today and the situation has not changed in Ukraine just because we have received the message from Fifa, so we have no other opinion today.

"We also want to talk to Poland and the Czech Republic so that we can give back to Fifa what we think, but we had expected a sharper stance from Fifa. We would have done so."

The women's European Championship takes place in England in July and Sweden, along with the Netherlands and Switzerland, are in the same group as Russia.

Fifa said talks will take place with other sporting organisations over whether Russia should be expelled from competitions.

"Fifa would like to reiterate its condemnation of the use of force by Russia in its invasion of Ukraine," world football's governing body said in a statement on Sunday.

"Violence is never a solution and Fifa expresses its deepest solidarity to all people affected by what is happening in Ukraine.

"Fifa will continue its ongoing dialogue with the International Olympic Committee, Uefa and other sport organisations to determine any additional measures or sanctions, including a potential exclusion from competitions, that shall be applied in the near future should the situation not be improving rapidly.

"Fifa's thoughts remain with everybody affected by this shocking and worrying situation."

Earlier on Sunday, the Football Association announced England will not play any international matches against Russia at any level following the invasion of Ukraine.

The FA said it "wholeheartedly condemns the atrocities being committed by the Russian leadership".

English football's governing body said the boycott of matches will be "for the foreseeable future".

The Football Association of Wales condemned Russia's invasion and said it "stands in solidarity with Ukraine and feels an extreme amount of sadness and shock to the recent developments in the country".

It added that Wales will not "play any international fixtures against Russia for the foreseeable future, at any level of the game".

This was never likely to impress the likes of Poland, Sweden and the Czech Republic (who have all refused to play Russia in World Cup play-offs next month).

Fifa say Russia must play home matches on neutral territory - but who on earth would agree to host them?

Even though Fifa has emphasised that the decision was unanimous and supported by the presidents of all six confederations (including Uefa), it will disappoint those calling for Russia to be kicked out of the World Cup, and many will see it as a cop-out.

But Fifa insiders are suggesting that this part of the statement is a final warning: "Fifa will continue its ongoing dialogue… to determine any additional measures or sanctions, including a potential exclusion from competitions."

Fifa appear to have drawn on the approach of the IOC who punished Russia for state sponsored doping with a partial Olympic ban - of its anthems, flags and official team name, but still allowed the country's athletes to compete.

But many say that after Russia's invasion of a sovereign country, only a much sterner punishment will suffice, and the close relationship Fifa president Gianni Infantino has forged with Vladimir Putin will once now again come under scrutiny.

Also on Sunday, a group of top Ukrainian athletes called on Russian and Belarusian athletes to be banned from competition.

The group has written to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and International Paralympic Committee (IPC) calling on them to "immediately suspend" the Russian and Belarusian Olympic and Paralympic Committees.

They said the suspensions should be made following Russia's invasion of Ukraine and called for it to include the upcoming 2022 Beijing Paralympic Games.

Russia as a country is already banned from the Olympics and Paralympics because of a doping scandal but a limited number of athletes are allowed to compete under a neutral flag.

"Russia's invasion of Ukraine, supported by Belarus, is a clear breach of the Olympic and Paralympic Charters - a breach that must be met with strong sanctions," the letter states.

"Athletes, our countrymen, our families, and our friends are in grave danger as a result this aggressive assault.

"Athletes in Ukraine are united in this call. It has been a challenge to speak with all athletes from Ukraine as they are seeking safety in bomb shelters."

Among those to sign the letter are former world champion triple jumper Olga Saladukha, world-record holding swimmer Andrey Govorov and dozens more. It is also backed by the international athlete-led group Global Athlete.

The International Paralympic committee board meets on Wednesday.

Sport continues to react

The International Judo Federation has suspended Russian president Vladimir Putin as its honorary president.

Boxing's world governing bodies the IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO say they will not sanction any title fights in Russia.

Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina will donate prize money to aid efforts.

The world number 15 says the money will be used to "support the army and humanitarian needs and help them to defend you, our country".

At the Fencing World Cup in Cairo, Ukraine's men's foil team refused to fence against Russia on Sunday.

"This is our protest against the war. We cannot fence against them while our families are in danger, and everybody is in danger," said the team.

Meanwhile, Premier League football club Chelsea said the situation in Ukraine was "horrific and devastating".

The statement came after Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, the Russia billionaire who is believed to be close to Putin, was criticised for not mentioning the war when he announced he was handing over "stewardship and care" of the club.

Putin is a blackbelt in judo and was awarded the eighth dan, one of the sport's highest honours, by the International Judo Federation (IJF) in 2012. He has also co-authored a book titled Judo: History, Theory, Practice.

"In light of the ongoing war conflict in Ukraine, the International Judo Federation announces the suspension of Mr Vladimir Putin's status as Honorary President and Ambassador of the International Judo Federation," the IJF said.

Announcing their move, the IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO said: "Just as this war has put a stop to boxing in Ukraine, our organisations will not sanction fights in Russia until further assessment of the situation."

Swimming's governing body Fina has also cancelled August's world junior championships which were due to take place in Kazan.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60548685
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:06 pm FIFA better not. If they do they better be consistent and kick Israel out. Also kick the US and UK out, the next time they decide to invade a country like Libya.
Is all well with ya dude?