Real Madrid 3- PSG 1

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Real Madrid 3- PSG 1

Post by charlie »

txj wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:56 pm What a superb game management by Carlo

Those subs were something else. Camavinga, Rodrygo...
Honestly I dont know why he starts Ascensio over Rodrygo.
Rodrygo is 10x more dynamic and a better fit with Vinicius on the Left and Benzegoal in center.

Look how his presence streched out that PSG defense that was choking Vinicius all game. Once he came in, Madrid had real width.

Another inspired change was Lucas Vasquez for Caravajal.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

charlie wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:01 pm
txj wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:56 pm What a superb game management by Carlo

Those subs were something else. Camavinga, Rodrygo...
Honestly I dont know why he starts Ascensio over Rodrygo.
Rodrygo is 10x more dynamic and a better fit with Vinicius on the Left and Benzegoal in center.

Look how his presence streched out that PSG defense that was choking Vinicius all game. Once he came in, Madrid had real width.

Another inspired change was Lucas Vasquez for Caravajal.

Not based on the 1 year of watching both...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

charlie wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:58 pm People will point to Benzema as MoM, but my MoM was Modric.
Amazing the level of football he can play at his age!

While Messi was waltzing around, Modric was carrying his team on his shoulders.
Imagine PSG midfielders outplayed by geriatric Modric. They were second to every ball in the second half and the foolish coach just sits there and does nothing

For the life of me I can't get why they always have to over complicate things at the back and try to pass short passes all the time. Switch things up damn it :curse:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:01 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:00 pm I expet Mbappe to make his decision tonight! And Harland will join him.
Barca
Okay, looking forward to finding out. :wink:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

charlie wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:58 pm People will point to Benzema as MoM, but my MoM was Modric.

Ex-freakin-zactly. And this is why I tell the Messi-anic Movement that no matter how much of their religion they have found, Lionel Messi cannot and will not be the GOAT. Barca GOAT - sure. Football GOAT -- hellz to the freakin no.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Comrade Machel wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:02 pm

Imagine PSG midfielders outplayed by geriatric Modric. They were second to every ball in the second half and the foolish coach just sits there and does nothing

For the life of me I can't get why they always have to over complicate things at the back and try to pass short passes all the time. Switch things up damn it :curse:
Dude has Tottenham blood :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: An thats the coach they think Man United will even consider? Dude is a loser
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Well, it is pretty much a given that Mbappe will be a Galactico next season, and Pochettino is a goner.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Comrade Machel wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:02 pm

Lets not disrespect Don Luca. He can outplay anybody...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:55 pm Real owns this competition. PSG is a small team with a bargain basement coach
I don't see Real Madrid defeating Bayern, City or pool. If Psg was an African team some will tell us that it us only an african team can suffer mental collapse at the scale of psg what we africans lack is the self believe, good management and education.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

As long as Kimpembe starts they can forget winning this thing. Dude has a brain freeze in key moments. He literally stands and freezes and doesn't react fast

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

chopachop wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:11 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:55 pm Real owns this competition. PSG is a small team with a bargain basement coach
I don't see Real Madrid defeating Bayern, City or pool. If Psg was an African team some will tell us that it us only an african team can suffer mental collapse at the scale of psg what we africans lack is the self believe, good management and education.
Hmm,...you do realize you are talking of Real Madrid?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

All these years, you still do not realize how football works. You gon' learn.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

chopachop wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:11 pmIf Psg was an African team some will tell us that it us only an african team can suffer mental collapse at the scale of psg what we africans lack is the self believe, good management and education.

Yup, that's why I keep calling out all the schoolboy errors we keep seeing at this level of the game. The notion that African players are somehow uniquely or particularly naive, exhibit poor judgment, or terrible decision-making never to be seen at football's highest levels is such a patently false and ridiculous notion.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Time to pull the plug on PSG. Oh and Dumbaruna is a $#% goalkeeper. Navas would not have conceeded that daft goal.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:16 pm Time to pull the plug on PSG. Oh and Dumbaruna is a $#% goalkeeper. Navas would not have conceeded that daft goal.
Please just stop. Donaruma carried Italy to European victory just last year. Calling him a s..t goalkeeper is stupid.
These things happen. He was at fault for the first goal yes, but PSG was still going to qualify.
They failed because the team lost belief in themselves, not because of Donaruma's error.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

PSG is a small football club. They are lucky to have Mbappe. His teammates most likely made up his mind for him tonight. Donaruma :lol: Marquinos :lol:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

charlie wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:19 pm
bret- hart wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:16 pm Time to pull the plug on PSG. Oh and Dumbaruna is a $#% goalkeeper. Navas would not have conceeded that daft goal.
Please just stop. Donaruma carried Italy to European victory just last year. Calling him a s..t goalkeeper is stupid.
These things happen. He was at fault for the first goal yes, but PSG was still going to qualify.
They failed because the team lost belief in themselves, not because of Donaruma's error.
No he ain't lying he is a sh*t keeper

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

charlie wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:47 pm
Comrade Machel wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:47 pm If Potschetino doesn't resign or get fired immediately after I would be shocked :sad:
Word is Zidane is already lined up to replace him.
Not sure on Zidane. During their talks he asked that they sack Leornardo.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:15 pm
All these years, you still do not realize how football works. You gon' learn.
:agree:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

theDunamis wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:16 pm
chopachop wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:11 pmIf Psg was an African team some will tell us that it us only an african team can suffer mental collapse at the scale of psg what we africans lack is the self believe, good management and education.

Yup, that's why I keep calling out all the schoolboy errors we keep seeing at this level of the game. The notion that African players are somehow uniquely or particularly naive, exhibit poor judgment, or terrible decision-making never to be seen at football's highest levels is such a patently false and ridiculous notion.
Players from all over the world exhibit those traits from time to time. It is a question of degree.

Wha choo looking at?!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:28 pmPlayers from all over the world exhibit those traits from time to time. It is a question of degree.

There are AFCON posts sitting in the cold storage area of CE's database that said ridiculous things like "you would never see this from top European teams / players". If they had spoken in terms of degree, that would have certainly been more sensible and agreeable.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

joplass wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:21 pm PSG is a small football club. They are lucky to have Mbappe. His teammates most likely made up his mind for him tonight. Donaruma :lol: Marquinos :lol:
Jokes apart, some of you should look at the history of PSG before you call them a small club.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Arrogance and ego is a curse. Just like the Spurs dumbo, Levy, these ones got angry because someone had the guts to bid for their player. dunces. Now you get eliminated, tail tucked and your player walks. :lol: :lol: :lol: