EPL fans, What if Putin owns Chelski via Abramovich?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
EPL fans, What if Putin owns Chelski via Abramovich?

Post by Kabalega »

After reading Roman Abramovich: New evidence highlights corrupt deals, I remembered a PBS documentary I saw a few years back about Roman Abramovic's and other Russian oligarch's early days.

Crucially missing was Putin's wealth even though they stated that he was wealthy and showed two mega properties he owned.
They said Putin had a lot of his wealth tied up with the oligarchs.

With that in mind, you can imagine the reaction, reading through the Chelsea thread after the recent developments? Even ManU fans were in there posting indignantly. :shock: :P

I'm still SMH wondering whether it's ignorance, immaturity, naivety, tribalism, EPLism, .... or all of the above.
Which led me to ask.

How would you all react if you found out that Putin owned part of Chelsea?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: EPL fans, What if Putin owns Chelski via Abramovich?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

another attention seeking thread...mods abeg shangalo this thread to Chelsea season thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:02 am another attention seeking thread...mods abeg shangalo this thread to Chelsea season thread
This is much bigger than Chelsea.

It’s about how people identify with something as trivial as a foreign football club, so much, that they lose themselves and become zombies.

Even the so called devout muslims and avid church goers, go berserk.
This is the stuff at the root of all wars and almost all conflict.

Today it’s Chelsea, tomorrow it will be Newcastle, Man City or PSG.
When it happens to Newcastle, we will dig this up, instead of the Chelsea thread.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I've always suspected that Putin may have a stake in the assets of oligarchs like Abramovich.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cic old boy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:36 am I've always suspected that Putin may have a stake in the assets of oligarchs like Abramovich.
Another opinion. Glad you can beat your chest in the west and spill out any thoughts.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:37 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:02 am another attention seeking thread...mods abeg shangalo this thread to Chelsea season thread

It’s about how people identify with something as trivial as a foreign football club, so much, that they lose themselves and become zombies.

When it happens to Newcastle, we will dig this up, instead of the Chelsea thread.
We should believe a bbc report where by they got their stories from a sacked prosecutor who was caught on a sex tape ..yes we should..abeg make we hear word. So roman bought a company and sold it 10 years later making huge profits. We all know how the price of oil was insane back in the early 2000s....research sometimes, don't just accept every article as gospel truth
SuperEagles

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:44 am
Another opinion. Glad you can beat your chest in the west and spill out any thoughts.
WE are hurting because OUR club has been taken away from a Russian mobster.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:57 am

We should believe a bbc report where by they got their stories from a sacked prosecutor who was caught on a sex tape ..yes we should..abeg make we hear word. So roman bought a company and sold it 10 years later making huge profits. We all know how the price of oil was insane back in the early 2000s....research sometimes, don't just accept every article as gospel truth
Still burying your head in the sand? :)
You know, Roman has been traveling to London with an Israel passport for a while.
Wonder why?
Hint, it's not because of the BBC. :)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:29 pm

You know, Roman has been traveling to London with an Israel passport for a while.
Wonder why?
em Roman has not been in England for over 3 years. My goodness research . Everyone knows he has Israeli Citizenship
SuperEagles

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:34 pm
Kabalega wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:29 pm

Wonder why?
em Roman has not been in England for over 3 years. My goodness research . Everyone knows he has Israeli Citizenship
So you remember the wahala that forced him to get Israeli pali?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kabela, you are deviating away from your thread topic. You posted a fake news article, i called you out, now you are busy ranting about Roman's immigration status. He just flew from Tel Aviv to Istanbul to Moscow. What next?
SuperEagles

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:40 pm kabela, you are deviating away from your thread topic. You posted a fake news article, i called you out, now you are busy ranting about Roman's immigration status. He just flew from Tel Aviv to Istanbul to Moscow. What next?
Are you tracking Abramovich's private jet? :lol: :lol:
What will you do when they impound the jet?