Ghanaian linesman goes viral after losing his bearings and nearly joining a counter-attack

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
iworo
Egg
Egg
Ghanaian linesman goes viral after losing his bearings and nearly joining a counter-attack

Post by iworo »

The business of being a football official can often be a bit of a tough gig.

It’s very rare that a referee or any of his assistants receive praise for a strong performance but it is an absolute given that they will be lambasted with abuse when they make a mistake.

In truth, it can be a pretty lonely place and officials have to have a pretty thick skin if they want to get by in the game.

However, some of the games biggest characters are referees and officials and football simply wouldn’t be the same without the men in charge.

The internet is awash with example of Mike Dean’s antics while African referees stole the limelight at the recently concluded Africa Cup of Nations.

From putting Mohamed Salah back in his place to superb use of the much-maligned VAR system, the officials in Cameroon did their profession proud.
So it is no surprise that we head back to Africa for another incident of official hilarity after the linesman in a Ghanaian Premier League game went viral for completely losing his bearings on the pitch.

With Asante Kotoko on the break against Bibiani Gold Stars, the assistant referee became so engrossed in the attack that he began to encroach onto the field of play and very nearly joined in.

Brilliantly, by the time the ball had been rattled in off the cross bar, the assistant was almost in the 18-yard area.

The man completely forgot he wasn’t actually playing.

Asante Kotoko would go on to clinch a comfortable 5-0 win to extend their lead at the top of the table to eight points.

While it was an evening to forget for Bibiani Gold Stars, it will certainly be one to remember for that sideline official who is the toast of twitter this week.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/footbal ... ar-AAV4FLJ
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ghanaian linesman goes viral after losing his bearings and nearly joining a counter-attack

Post by mcal »

...probably the heat on the field is over bearing on these officials, like the one during AFCON who blew final whistle with more than 5 mins of the 90 left in the game.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ghanaian linesman goes viral after losing his bearings and nearly joining a counter-attack

Post by mcal »

mcal wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:55 pm ...that looks hilarious. Probably the heat on the field is over bearing on these officials, like the one during AFCON who blew final whistle with more than 5 mins of the 90 left in the game.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

lol he joined the defense? Wonderful :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

One thing to worry less about....we know who the guy supports. In all my life with the game, i have never seen what i just saw in that video. Given the chance that baga would have kicked the ball in by himself :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :laugh:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

mcal wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:56 pm
mcal wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:55 pm ...that looks hilarious. Probably the heat on the field is over bearing on these officials, like the one during AFCON who blew final whistle with more than 5 mins of the 90 left in the game.
I hope everyone knows he suffered heat stroke and is very lucky to be alive today.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"