LIVERPOOL and Mane/Salah: The Process of Public Repair......

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
LIVERPOOL and Mane/Salah: The Process of Public Repair......

Post by Enugu II »

After damage to image given Klopp's disparagement of the AFCON, this below appears toi be part of the proceess of public repair of image. See the image repair theory by either William Benoit or Timothy Coombs.
Klopp on resting Salah & Mane ahead of Egypt-Senegal clash
https://www.kingfut.com/2022/03/21/klop ... -and-mane/
by Ahmad Gamal AliMarch 21, 2022

Liverpool head coach Jurgen Klopp revealed the reasons behind resting Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane during Nottingham Forest game in the FA Cup quarterfinals.

Salah has recently returned from injury as he started on the bench during Arsenal game in the Premier League.

Despite participating in the second half, he was excluded from the Reds’ squad in the FA Cup quarterfinals clash with Nottingham Forest.

Salah was not the only absence from the Liverpool squad as teammate Sadio Mane was also excluded.

Klopp addressed the situation, stating that he decided to rest the two players ahead of their important games in the World Cup qualifiers.

Salah and Mane will come face to face in the Egypt-Senegal clash in the World Cup qualifiers play-offs in a few days.

“Mo felt the foot again from the Brighton game. [It’s] not massive, but it was clear that you would not be in a game like this if you have a little bit of pain here, or there,” Klopp said.

“There is no chance. In that moment it was clear that we will not use Sadio for the game because the game is too big in Africa.

“I don’t want to be twice the one who is doing things like that, which could be misunderstood. The others were all unavailable. Mo was unavailable, only Sadio we left out.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIVERPOOL and Mane/Salah: The Process of Public Repair......

Post by Kabalega »

Well, Pochettino would rest Messi and Neymar for a "small" game if Brazil and Argentina had an epic WC game coming up.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

See the image repair theory by either William Benoit or Timothy Coombs.
It's not relevant here.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:31 pm Well, Pochettino would rest Messi and Neymar for a "small" game if Brazil and Argentina had an epic WC game coming up.
Both teams already qualified and Messi has a clause in in contract, that Argentina takes precedent over PSG
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The claim of yours has already been discredited.

Enugu II wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:53 pm After damage to image given Klopp's disparagement of the AFCON, this below appears toi be part of the proceess of public repair of image. See the image repair theory by either William Benoit or Timothy Coombs.

Liverpool head coach Jurgen Klopp revealed the reasons behind resting Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane during Nottingham Forest game in the FA Cup quarterfinals.

Salah has recently returned from injury as he started on the bench during Arsenal game in the Premier League.

Despite participating in the second half, he was excluded from the Reds’ squad in the FA Cup quarterfinals clash with Nottingham Forest.

Salah was not the only absence from the Liverpool squad as teammate Sadio Mane was also excluded.

Klopp addressed the situation, stating that he decided to rest the two players ahead of their important games in the World Cup qualifiers.

Salah and Mane will come face to face in the Egypt-Senegal clash in the World Cup qualifiers play-offs in a few days.

“Mo felt the foot again from the Brighton game. [It’s] not massive, but it was clear that you would not be in a game like this if you have a little bit of pain here, or there,” Klopp said.

“There is no chance. In that moment it was clear that we will not use Sadio for the game because the game is too big in Africa.

“I don’t want to be twice the one who is doing things like that, which could be misunderstood. The others were all unavailable. Mo was unavailable, only Sadio we left out.”
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:39 pm
It's not relevant here.
Why you state that it is not relevant here? Could you explain. I find it central in explaining the situation, BTW given the image damage that followed the Manager's comments before the AFCON. Thus, expolain why you think it is irrelevant? Isd it that the theory is unable to explasin trhe situatyion or what is it?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:37 am
It's not relevant here.
Why you state that it is not relevant here? Could you explain. I find it central in explaining the situation, BTW given the image damage that followed the Manager's comments before the AFCON. Thus, expolain why you think it is irrelevant? Isd it that the theory is unable to explasin trhe situatyion or what is it?
There's no image repair required hence the theory is not relevant here.

He explained his comments, some understood it, others didn't, no apologies were offered, no image to repair.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:28 am
Kabalega wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:31 pm Well, Pochettino would rest Messi and Neymar for a "small" game if Brazil and Argentina had an epic WC game coming up.
Both teams already qualified and Messi has a clause in in contract, that Argentina takes precedent over PSG
I know, hence the "would."
I didn't know about Messi's contract.
Even then most coaches would not play Neymar in a "small" game.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:37 am
It's not relevant here.
Chief, there was no image damage.
The only damage was to those who didn’t have a grasp of the subtleties of the English language.
It was quite embarrassing that so many people didn’t (and still don’t) get it.
And Klopp is not even a native English speaker, yet he caught them out.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

txj wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:56 pm The claim of yours has already been discredited.

Enugu II wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:53 pm After damage to image given Klopp's disparagement of the AFCON, this below appears toi be part of the proceess of public repair of image. See the image repair theory by either William Benoit or Timothy Coombs.

I was about to say the same thing.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

unfortunately people don't get to decide for others what is offensive, if someone was offended by him using the word little to describe a tournament that has been belittled decades, then so be it.

he could have just said I did not mean to offend, instead he doubled down.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

King Futcha wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:06 pm unfortunately people don't get to decide for others what is offensive, if someone was offended by him using the word little to describe a tournament that has been belittled decades, then so be it.

The point is that he did not...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

txj wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:10 pm
King Futcha wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:06 pm unfortunately people don't get to decide for others what is offensive, if someone was offended by him using the word little to describe a tournament that has been belittled decades, then so be it.

according to you, according to Drogba he did.
again we do not get to decide for others what is offensive.

i'm reminded of a time i called someone chief like i called everyone chief, a term of endearment which meant boss to me. he was offended as a native, i was confused, i didn't know that was a slur, i even dismissed his complaints, but i later realized what some here still haven't realized is i don't get to decide for other people what is offensive.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:00 am
txj wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:10 pm

according to you, according to Drogba he did.
again we do not get to decide for others what is offensive.

i'm reminded of a time i called someone chief like i called everyone chief, a term of endearment which meant boss to me. he was offended as a native, i was confused, i didn't know that was a slur, i even dismissed his complaints, but i later realized what some here still haven't realized is i don't get to decide for other people what is offensive.

No sir. Not according to me.

According to the context in which it was used.

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

You have offended me with your comments above. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :lol: :lol: Futcha the fumbling fundament, leave the thinking to others, please. :lol: