Even Cameroon with a new coach just qualified

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg
Re: Even Cameroon with a new coach just qualified

Post by Ipe Grams »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:22 pm Yeah, Song just appointed manager of the Cameroon team just few weeks ago after firing their Portuguese manager... yet they just beat Algeria 2-1 to qualify to Qatar...a newly assembled Ghanaian coaching crew best a fairly established Eguavoen led team that at least tasted AFCON... I expect not only the NFF to be dissolved by tomorrow, but sack all the national team coaches along... This is very embarrassing and unacceptable
They beat Algeria at home too.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:59 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:25 pm Leave dem. They are there debating whether 0-0 in the first leg is a great result or not. Cameroon LOST at home and were still able to SCORE goals away to qualify. In this game called football, you don't score, you ain't going no where. We deserve our predicament. Abeg leave Simon dem to be doing body movement for field. Na dat wan dey sweet us pass. Forget being able to cross or shoot the ball.
It is shocking the logic that one gets here sometimes. Really shocking to state the least. If we all could predict an outcome, what then is the sense in playing the game? :???:
Not shocking as the players didn’t seem aware or care that they be knocked out with a 1-1 result
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

so we are going to act like many of you(you know who you are) we're ripping the hire of song just a few short days ago?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

We had the same scenario Cameroon had with their last kick. Except when Osimhen headed the ball, no one was running so the ball just rolled out of play. Absolutely no urgency
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Davos wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:20 pm
Orion wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:03 am
Davos wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:32 am Cameroon did not qualify, they bought the referee and the whole crew that deal with the VAR. Algeria was robbed big time, I have never seen in my life such things(and I have seen few in my time), the referee was not even trying to hide it. I will bet my house that this Guassama fellow(the referee)will disappear from the radar and will never be seen again on a pitch. Algeria was head and shoulders above Cameroon scored goals disallowed mysteriously, had penalties not given and to add insult to injury, the first Cameroon goal should not have been given. It's not the new coach that did the job...it's the corrupted referee and his VAR little helpers!
I saw the highlights. The VAR decision was correct. The Algerian player handled the ball with his elbow before heading it into the goal. Listen, VAR has been a plus to the game. It helps to reduce genuine errors, fraudulent referring, and unfounded allegations from bitter fans, like what you're doing now.

Algeria paid the price for what many of us have been saying is a flaw in your team. You guys go berserk and score a bag of goals against smaller teams, but when playing a bigger team, you turn to ultra negative football once you're ahead on the result. This time it backfired on y'all and Cameroon got a late goal. Maybe you shouldn't have been trying to squeeze through with the bare minimum?
You are assuming things and drawing quick misguided conclusions.I will not argue much with you and leave the video images do the talking.Cameroon was not up to scrach and was run over by this Algerian team but the corrupted referee and his VAR laquets got them off the hook, simple as that!
This is the first Cameroon goal that you are saying is legite............it is an utter scandal!
Cameroon should not be in the world cup Algeria dominated the game and has been disgracefully disallowed legitimate penalties and a goal and had a shameful decision grant Cameroon their opening goal.
Algeria is and remain the best chance that Africa has got to save face in this world cup!

This clip is not complete. I watched the full build-up of the goal in slow motion in another video. The Cameroonian player was trying to move forward but an Algerian defender was blocking his path and pushing him back so they had a tussle and were both pushing each other. The goalie came out, clashed with his own player, and fumbled the ball. So that was a goalkeeping error. That could have also been a penalty against Algeria if the Cameroonian player had gone down from all the pushing.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

Davos wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:32 am Cameroon did not qualify, they bought the referee and the whole crew that deal with the VAR. Algeria was robbed big time, I have never seen in my life such things(and I have seen few in my time), the referee was not even trying to hide it. I will bet my house that this Guassama fellow(the referee)will disappear from the radar and will never be seen again on a pitch. Algeria was head and shoulders above Cameroon scored goals disallowed mysteriously, had penalties not given and to add insult to injury, the first Cameroon goal should not have been given. It's not the new coach that did the job...it's the corrupted referee and his VAR little helpers!
I saw the highlights. The VAR decision was correct. The Algerian player handled the ball with his elbow before heading it into the goal. Listen, VAR has been a plus to the game. It helps to reduce genuine errors, fraudulent referring, and unfounded allegations from bitter fans, like what you're doing now.

Algeria paid the price for what many of us have been saying is a flaw in your team. You guys go berserk and score a bag of goals against smaller teams, but when playing a bigger team, you turn to ultra negative football once you're ahead on the result. This time it backfired on y'all and Cameroon got a late goal. Maybe you shouldn't have been trying to squeeze through with the bare minimum?
You are assuming things and drawing quick misguided conclusions.I will not argue much with you and leave the video images do the talking.Cameroon was not up to scrach and was run over by this Algerian team but the corrupted referee and his VAR laquets got them off the hook, simple as that!
This is the first Cameroon goal that you are saying is legite............it is an utter scandal!
Cameroon should not be in the world cup Algeria dominated the game and has been disgracefully disallowed legitimate penalties and a goal and had a shameful decision grant Cameroon their opening goal.
Algeria is and remain the best chance that Africa has got to save face in this world cup!

I don’t see anything wrong with the goal. Can you enlighten us? All I see is an Algerian defender bumping into his own keeper.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Algerians were diving all over the place and trying to bully the referee. He was not intimidated by any of that nonsense.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Fact Cameroon won and moved on to Qatar.
Fact Algeria will watch on TV.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

Here are the highlights. The match was won fair and square —>
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Were the goals disallowed by the ref alone or after VAR review? Were the video assistant referees all Makanyakis?

As the old adage goes, if you don’t take your chances, they’ll take theirs. Cameroon have rightfully earned the right to be eliminated before the business rounds like the rest.
Davos
Egg
Egg

Post by Davos »

smallpikin wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:04 pm

I don’t see anything wrong with the goal. Can you enlighten us? All I see is an Algerian defender bumping into his own keeper.
If you don't see anything wrong you need to book an eye doctor's appointment!
The Cameroon player pushed with TWO hands the Algerian defender onto the goal keeper who in return spilled the ball and this allowed the Cameroonian to score the goal. Never in the history of world football a thing like this happened(and with the VAR overseeing the whole situation).
And this is only one outrage amongst others. In normal conditions and a fair referee this game would have finished 3-0(at least)to Algeria.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

@Davos, please show the next scenes in the original video.
You will clearly see what happened and why VAR gave the goal.

Algerians kept hoping for a referee gift instead of playing.
They were poor in AFCON and in this game while Cameroon improved a lot from AFCON and the last game.

Someone should have told the Algerian players that the officials didn't take the briefcase. :taunt:
In the old days, they would have got 3 phantom penas. But now the whole world and FIFA are watching live. :thumbs:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Davos wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:28 pm
smallpikin wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:04 pm

If you don't see anything wrong you need to book an eye doctor's appointment!
The Cameroon player pushed with TWO hands the Algerian defender onto the goal keeper who in return spilled the ball and this allowed the Cameroonian to score the goal. Never in the history of world football a thing like this happened(and with the VAR overseeing the whole situation).
And this is only one outrage amongst others. In normal conditions and a fair referee this game would have finished 3-0(at least)to Algeria.
Did you see part where the Algerian player who was on the floor hit the ball with his hand? I can pay the clip if you want.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Pay attention to 1:01 minute of this clip.

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Wow, good catch. Only now noticed that the ref missed an obvious handball there.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

marutimon wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:34 pm Wow, good catch. Only now noticed that the ref missed an obvious handball there.
But the Algerians missed it.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bros did not The Algeria player fall into his own keeper?
Also remember Algeria player also intentional dive and touch the ball that should be a penalty and a red card
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

bamenda boy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:41 pm
marutimon wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:34 pm Wow, good catch. Only now noticed that the ref missed an obvious handball there.
But the Algerians missed it.
Wow, I missed it too. I had assumed it was the keeper that saved it. It would have been a penalty and a red card. Where is @Davos to come and explain.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:25 am I will say that Belmadi messed up big time.

His problem was his failure to transition his aging team after their 2019 afcon victory.

He kept sticking with his favorites and older players, when there were younger and better guys he kept ignoring.

They naturalized Andy Delort who was one of the hottest strikers in ligue 1, yet Belmadi kept benching him for Bounedjah, who never lived up to the trust the coach put in him.

Belmadi kept guys like Benrhama, Ounas, Boulaya on the bench for washed up guys like Fergouli, and Belaili. Frankly its almost similar to our insistence on guys like Ighalo and Musa.

Eventually it will catch up with you. Even when you win, you must continue to improve and transition your team. Belmadi failed to do that.
Did you say all this when they won the first leg away? Or the problem just suddenly appear when they played the second leg?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Undertaker wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:29 am

N African countries can’t cheat anymore thanks to VAR. If any of the goals was not legit, it would have been overruled by VAR. These guys are terrible cheats but no more thanks to tech
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:17 am

N African countries can’t cheat anymore thanks to VAR. If any of the goals was not legit, it would have been overruled by VAR. These guys are terrible cheats but no more thanks to tech
Dude, stop it! Cameroon first goal was a foul on the goalkeeper and yes, Algeria scored a very good goal that VAR said it was a goal but the ref said otherwise! Algeria has a case here! However, I preferred Cameroon to Algeria to qualify!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I am watching the game right now and I’ll check the goals again. I know Slimani’s was a handball.

That sad, I am concerned about this Cameroonian team at the WC. They play jam body football. Stiff and disorganized
Undertaker wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:45 pm
YUJAM wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:17 am

Dude, stop it! Cameroon first goal was a foul on the goalkeeper and yes, Algeria scored a very good goal that VAR said it was a goal but the ref said otherwise! Algeria has a case here! However, I preferred Cameroon to Algeria to qualify!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"