World Cup Qatar 2022 draw

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: World Cup Qatar 2022 draw

Post by Scipio Africanus »

kalani JR wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:11 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:50 am
kalani JR wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:21 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:58 pm
kalani JR wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:17 pm I think Ghana could actually win their group, none of the teams in there are world beaters.
Uruguay and Portugal will rip them a new one. 3-0 and 4-1. They might scrape a 1-1 draw against Korea but I see them narrowly losing that one too.
Both of those teams are reliant on many of the players they had in 2014 and they are old. Uruguay is still running the Suarez and Cavani duo which has zero speed. Maybe Nunez and J. Felix step up but we wait and see.
Portugal and Uruguay will deconstruct Ghana with set pieces. It's not all about speed. For example without breaking a sweat, England beat Ukraine 4-0. 3 of those goals came from set pieces. From what I have seen so far, Ghana does not have the weapons to respond, but we will see ...
You're looking at names which is what often is why African teams don't win these games.
Yes. Names that are known to be very good at set pieces. Who on Ghana's team can deliver or finish a set piece like Suarez or Cavani. Look at the wicked bend and accuracy of the ball when they take set pieces. Can anyone on Ghana's team do that?

How did Uruguay equalize against Ghana in the 2010 quarter final? It wasn't by running or by speed. It was an expertly taken free kick by old man Forlan.

Wha choo looking at?!