Samuel Eto´0

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg
Re: Samuel Eto´0

Post by The Goddess »

OFFICIAL: The FIFA World Cup trophy is coming to Cameroon!
FIFA has announced that the trophy, which is made of solid gold weighing 6.142kg, shall tour 51 countries including all 32 countries qualified for the 2022 World Cup.
Football legends, Iker Casillas and Ricardo Kaka, shall lead the tour delegation.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto'o participated in the MegaPro Legends' Cup alongside other football greats, yesterday in Dubai!
Who else can you identify in the picture?

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Congratulation to Melanie Kemayou, the wife of Andre Onana, who obtained her doctorate in Pharmacie at the university of Boston USA yesterday.

chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

The Goddess wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:51 pm Congratulation to Melanie Kemayou, the wife of Andre Onana, who obtained her doctorate in Pharmacie at the university of Boston USA yesterday.

beautiful chap with plenty of water in the head.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Rigobert Song and his assistant as well as FECAFOOT President Samuel Eto'o are spectators at the Yaounde Omnisports Annex Stadium for the Astres vs Racing fixture!

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Here is Rigobert Song's provisional list of players to face Kenya and Burundi!

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

The Goddess wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:12 am FECAFOOT has created individual accounts for TKC players, and has promised to pay their salaries into the accounts, if the club management does not pay the players and provide proof by Thursday!
TKC players were at FECAFOOT head office yesterday to complain, and they were told subsidies that had to be given to their club will be used in paying them directly.
FECAFOOT maintains that only clubs that show proof of having paid players'salaries will receive their subsidies.

Absolute cracking leadership.

May he watch his back is all I ask.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

cchinukw wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:37 pm
The Goddess wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:12 am FECAFOOT has created individual accounts for TKC players, and has promised to pay their salaries into the accounts, if the club management does not pay the players and provide proof by Thursday!
TKC players were at FECAFOOT head office yesterday to complain, and they were told subsidies that had to be given to their club will be used in paying them directly.
FECAFOOT maintains that only clubs that show proof of having paid players'salaries will receive their subsidies.

Absolute cracking leadership.

May he watch his back is all I ask.
The guy is a survivor. If he was easy to be killed, he would have been liquidated a long time ago while playing for the lions.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

'It's Coming Home'?
Exactly 190 days from now, Cameroon gets the ball rolling at the FIFA World Cup, against Switzerland. Listening to Rigobert Song speak, you get a feeling no Cameroon coach has ever voiced this much confidence heading into a World Cup tournament. FECAFOOT President Samuel Eto'o's winning mentality that saw him through a glorious playing career is the new mantra everyone lives by. Finally, football management has had a much-awaited lease of life, and is living rare happy days with a football legend at the helm. From home-based players to dual nationals et al, packs are being shuffled to get the best to improve the current crop of combative Lions.
With everything gelling, can it be 8th time lucky?

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Rigobert Song:
"I wish that Samuel Eto'o comes to the training sessions always when his timetable permits. The presence of former players is an incredible source of motivation to the young players. Seeing President Samuel Eto'o train with us makes the young players dream and pushes them to excel. Equally, the mere presence of Patrick Mboma, Souleymanou Hamidou, Augustin Simo, Raymond Kalla and Rigobert Song makes the players to transcend through speeches."

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Rigobert Song on his selection of players:
"Cameroonians must know that the national team is for everyone. It is a grouping of the best players. If home-based players are among the best, they shall be called up. Don't forget that many ex-Lions went to the World Cup while playing for Cameroonian clubs. I think, for example, of Pierre Njanka who scored a memorable goal against Austria at the 1998 World Cup. So there's no reason to sideline home-based players... The proof is that Souaibou Marou and Patient Wassu, who play for Coton Sport, were called up for the important play-off tie against Algeria. My staff and I live in Cameroon, and we visit the stadiums to be able to pick players that can help the national team."

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Rigobert Song on Toko-Ekambi's Blida goal:
"When Kunde Malong took the ball for the throw-in, he wanted to play it long. I told him 'pass the ball to Fai Collins who can whip in a good cross'. At first, I thought Fai misjudged the cross. However, the ball arrived on the head of Ngadeu and Toko-Ekambi...I don't know where he came from. He did what he does best. You can imagine what followed. I am happy with my players who showed me that a Lion is dangerous even when asleep."
Rigobert Song put his trust in Fai with the very last opportunity and Fai repaid the trust.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Rigobert Song: "Our objective is to reach at least the semi-finals in Qatar!"

Cameroon head coach Rigobert Song has spelled out the Indomitable Lions' objective at this year's FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

Speaking to Corner magazine, the former Cameroon international said, "You know, the president of FECAFOOT is very passionate...He made us understand after we qualified for the World Cup that he wants us to cross the quarterfinals. This signifies that our objective is at least the semifinals.

Rigobert Song equally gave his opinion about Cameroon's group at the tournament which comprises Brazil, Switzerland and Serbia.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

World Cup legend Roger Milla rolled back the years to reproduce his emblematic goal celebration yesterday during a match organised on the occasion of his 70th birthday!
The reaction of the crowd says it all. Simply amazing!

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto'o, Francis Ngannou and a host of others joined Rigobert Song and his Foundation today for a walk in Yaounde to sensitise about cardiovascular diseases!

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto

Across the country, there are thousands of young boys and girls with a dream to shine on the football pitch and compete with the best. It’s an honour to present a newly signed agreement between Fecafoot - Officiel and the Ministry of Secondary Education, led by Minister Nalova Lyonga.
Together, we aim to accelerate the development of youth football in Cameroon, starting with this year’s Africa Schools Championship.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

LEADERSHIP!

If only we could have this level of inspirational leadership at national level.

Keep this up on a long term basis and the results could propel Cameroon to Global football domination.

Next off President of Cameroon.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:45 pm LEADERSHIP!

Keep this up on a long term basis and the results could propel Cameroon to Global football domination.

We do!

Eto'o is their version of Oliseh! The same mentality, no nonsense attitude, drive, hot temper, aggression and passion for success done the right way. Unfortunately, Nigeria is not Cameroon. In Nigeria, they will hunt you and send you to an early grave if you try to disrupt the system that piles their pocket.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The Goddess wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:57 am Rigobert Song on Toko-Ekambi's Blida goal:
"When Kunde Malong took the ball for the throw-in, he wanted to play it long. I told him 'pass the ball to Fai Collins who can whip in a good cross'. At first, I thought Fai misjudged the cross. However, the ball arrived on the head of Ngadeu and Toko-Ekambi...I don't know where he came from. He did what he does best. You can imagine what followed. I am happy with my players who showed me that a Lion is dangerous even when asleep."
Rigobert Song put his trust in Fai with the very last opportunity and Fai repaid the trust.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: I don't know why people were shrining "the wasteful guy" during AFCON. Toko is head and shoulders above all other scorers. Rigobert should handle him carefully so he is healthy for the WC.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:34 pm
cchinukw wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:45 pm LEADERSHIP!

We do!

Eto'o is their version of Oliseh! The same mentality, no nonsense attitude, drive, hot temper, aggression and passion for success done the right way. Unfortunately, Nigeria is not Cameroon. In Nigeria, they will hunt you and send you to an early grave if you try to disrupt the system that piles their pocket.
8-)

Absolutely.

Lessons learned from the winning days of the SE, only when the Nation's President directly supports a winning team of administrators can we attempt to imagine success. Appears to be working for the Lions at the minute.

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

The Goddess wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:58 am Suffice it to say, I´ve joined the bandwagon of the Eto "worshippers" :) This guy is trying to pull the Cameroonian football to heights never seen before in Africa. On this thread, I´ll be posting his ideas, development as the FECAFOOT presiden and also relevant information about the lions.
Also tell us about Theophille Abega! One of the Cameroon greats. RIP.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:09 pm
The Goddess wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:58 am Suffice it to say, I´ve joined the bandwagon of the Eto "worshippers" :) This guy is trying to pull the Cameroonian football to heights never seen before in Africa. On this thread, I´ll be posting his ideas, development as the FECAFOOT presiden and also relevant information about the lions.
Also tell us about Theophille Abega! One of the Cameroon greats. RIP.
well, may the "doctor" Abega RIP. Biya let those who put him on the map die in poverty. This was when Cameroon had footballers. This current crop of ballers will not make the bench of division 2 in the 80s in Cameroon.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

It's never a question of "who wants?". It's a question of "who can?"! When you saw this smile and Puma boots, you knew the final was over before it started.
Samuel remains the only African player to have scored in two Champions League finals, and is the only to have won the title 3 times. He is equally the only to have won it back-to-back.
He is simply Africa's most decisive player in the history of the UEFA Champions League.
Respect!