Samuel Eto´0

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Samuel Eto´0

Post by Kabalega »

Samuel Eto'o said: wrote:I sat where you are years ago. I know some of you are thinking 'he is st*pid', but I tell you I was the best. I know why I failed. I will give you everything even my life, ....
See Rigobert Song's reaction. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The wheels will come off soon. Rhetoric shouldn't be confused with fixing issues that exist
1naija wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:44 pm He sounds like Biya in the making ....doling out orders.
mcal wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:43 pm
The Goddess wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:11 am President Samuel Eto'o is NOT happy, and has spoken:
"I am not happy. I don't care who you play against; you represent Cameroon. I am not happy at all. In my time, I missed the World Cup because I knew what problems I had. Those problems won't repeat themselves while I'm president.
Places in this team will be earned. Nobody, I repeat, nobody has a place guaranteed in this team. You must do your job. Whoever comes here to wear this shirt must do the job, else he goes and I will be happy to have the children play.
I sat where you are years ago. I know some of you are thinking 'he is st*pid', but I tell you I was the best. I know why I failed. I will give you everything even my life, so that you be in the best condition. I fight with everyone to put you in the best condition. You sit here and have no idea about the battles I fight for you.
When we come here, it's about Cameroon, guys. There's nothing more beautiful than Cameroon for me. I will give my life for my country. I have great esteem for my country, and I shall arrive with or without you.
If you want to be part of this journey, you must work. If it's about what I saw out there today, I'm not sure any of you will be on the list. I need more, because I dream to win the World Cup. All the problems I had as player won't repeat themselves. First objective is having a goodhearted group. I failed because that was absent even though we had great players. When this group will be happy together we will win.
Now, I don't care! Whoever wants to come here will do so by the rules of the Federation. Mind you I have some idea about football!"

...he's shaping up to be a great leader who has tested battle and wars unlike the jokes we have in Nigeria who will rather go watch clubs in London.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Is Rigobert OK?
He looks frail and ....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

VAR NEWS
Has FECAFOOT President Samuel Eto'o closed the door to Joel Matip?
No! The statement making rounds on social media, which is attributed to Samuel Eto'o, is unverified and false.
Information I got from the Federation indicates the President has not made any public statement of that nature on the subject.
As FECAFOOT President, Samuel Eto'o has always sought to be a unifying factor to obtain the best results. Having played with Matip in the team, he knows why the latter has stayed away and that is one of the areas he is fixing as President. The atmosphere now seems right and the wish is for Matip (just like any other qualified Cameroonian) to join the team, but the Federation respects the player. Coming will be by his volition, even though he won't have all the time in the world given Rigobert Song needs to know his cards well ahead of time.
Strange enough, the viral quote appears to be coming from some South African platform and it carries no signature. Before getting to the Federation, I reached out to the platform on WhatsApp to ask their source. It's been two days now and there are no signs of life. No one wants to stake claim to it.
We all have to be watchful. What is trending is not necessarily reality.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

When lions were lions; Arguably the best team Cameroon ever produced.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The Goddess wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:10 pm When lions were lions; Arguably the best team Cameroon ever produced.

I remember when Phillip Omondi sent fear among this team. :D

Was this team better than the one with Cyrille Thomas Makanaky?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

The Goddess wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:10 pm When lions were lions; Arguably the best team Cameroon ever produced.

No doubt the best team ever from Cameroon. The Lions of Spain '82.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this team won two AFCONs, 84 and 88
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Kabalega wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:44 pm

I remember when Phillip Omondi sent fear among this team. :D

Was this team better than the one with Cyrille Thomas Makanaky?
First generation lions; Mbappe Leppe, Tokoto Jean Pierre, Manga Onguene, Moukoko "de Confiance" etc
second generation intersecting with first; Roger Milla, Thomas Nkono,Theophilus "the doctor" Abega, Emmanuel Kunde etc
third generation intersecting with second; The Biyick brothers, Cyrille Makanaky, Benjamin Massing etc
fourth generation intersecting with third; Raymond Kalla, Mboma Patick, Rigobert Song, Eto Fils, Njitap Geremi etc
fifth intersecting with fourth; Alexander Song, Stephan Mbia, Choupo Moting, Aboubakar etc
sixth intersecting with fifth; Toko Ekambi, Clinton Njie, Fai Collins, Zambo Anguissa etc

Ill say the best was the second generation but the ultimate result was reached when the second mixed with the 3 rd who had more flare. The 2 nd generation was filled with real footballers not nowadays where anybody who kicks a ball direction Las Vegas gets drafted into a european team. In those days, it was really earned to play in the national team and in europe. Its unfortunate that genuises like Samuel Mbappe Leppe and Ndoumbe Lea didnt get to eat the fruit of their talent. They were born in a wrong era.
The worst generation has got to be the 5th generation partially becuase they were still being overshadowed by the 4th, with cult personalities like Eto still lurking around. Notice, once he left the team, they went on to win the 5 th title in 2017, also with the injection of many players in the 6 th generation.
Cameroon football has fallen so low such that its embarassing to watch. I dont know how we left from players like Milla, Abega, Ndoumbe Lea, Mboma etc to this group of mechanical players with no technic. Its really true europe kills talents.
I do not know what to make of this 6 th generation. They are generally lacking in motivation but have shown in the past, they can get the job done, if they want. I hope they carry this same consciousness to the WC and surprise everyone.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

I'm not familiar with the 1st generation.

IMHO, without considering the 1st Gen, the 3rd, was the best (just look at the goalies) followed by the 2nd.
I agree, the worst was the 5th followed by the 6th.

This 6th Gen, has potential.
It has a decent goalie (still needs work). :)
Good defenders who need to gel (Rigobert is straightening that out). No wonder Matip wants to join them.
And actually a good MF. One or two of those MFs can become World-class quickly.

The weakness is upfront. Only Toko Ekambi is exciting. The rest are wasteful. :D
Hopefully Rigobert and Eto'o will find the right youngsters,
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Kabalega wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:06 pm I'm not familiar with the 1st generation.

IMHO, without considering the 1st Gen, the 3rd, was the best (just look at the goalies) followed by the 2nd.
I agree, the worst was the 5th followed by the 6th.

This 6th Gen, has potential.
It has a decent goalie (still needs work). :)
Good defenders who need to gel (Rigobert is straightening that out). No wonder Matip wants to join them.
And actually a good MF. One or two of those MFs can become World-class quickly.

The weakness is upfront. Only Toko Ekambi is exciting. The rest are wasteful. :D
Hopefully Rigobert and Eto'o will find the right youngsters,
It´s very difficult to separate the 3 rd from the 2 nd. They flew simultaneously into each other. While the 3 rd was good, they still needed Milla from the 2 nd to bail their asses out in the world cup. They couldnt do things on their own.

Mbappe and Tokoto Jean Pierre were one of the first professionals from Africa to play their trade in France. They were excellent but couldnt do much because Cameroon was still trying to find it foot in football.

And you ´re right that the 6 th has potential. What they need including what you listed is a strong bench. If Toko is taken out of the game, we´re finished.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto'o sentenced to 22 months in prison by Spanish court for tax fraud!
The ex-Barcelona striker failed to declare his income from the transfer of image rights between Puma and Barcelona between 2006 and 2009, a sum that amounted to 3.8 million euros.
Samuel Eto'o admitted to the charge and said "It was my father (representative Jose Maria Messalles) who took care of the child I was then. I'm going to pay but I've always done what my father asked me to do."
Prosecution had asked for sentences of 4 years and 6 months for Eto'o and Messalles, but Eto'o was finally given 22 months and Messalles was given 1 year, because neither of them had criminal records.
Worth noting that Eto'o will not serve any time in jail given that sentences below two years are rarely served in Spain. Eto'o will pay 1.8 million euros while Messalles will pay 900,000 euros in place of the jail term.
Several star players have been victims of the Spanish tax system. In 2016, Messi and his father ( his agent) were handed 21 months in prison for failing to declare 4.1 million euros between 2007 and 2009. They however paid a fine and did not serve the jail term.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eto'o is the latest in a long list of foreign players and managers to have been prosecuted for tax fraud in Spain in recent years, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Jose Mourinho and Neymar.

The 41-year-old, now the president of the Cameroonian football federation, joined Barcelona in 2004, age 23. He also played for Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Chelsea and Everton during his career, before retiring in 2019.

.nah wah for SPain and them greedy tax laws ..kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Once upon a time .................

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Rigobert does not look healthy. I hope he is OK.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:04 pm Rigobert does not look healthy. I hope he is OK.
He´s looking even better. When he suffered the stroke, he looked like an AIDS patient. Dont know what happened, but too many shady stories about him. It was rumoured he used to be iunvolved in player selection, his "quota" was always given before a new player could come in. Also rumoured to have been involved in 419 activities in Turkey. To add insult to injury, he suffered a horrible divorce with massive losses. He was naive enough to build mansions on his father in laws property. When the marriage failed, he was driven away from the land and the house. He even went to Paul Biya to intercede but the law could not be to his favour. So many problems came his way and took a toll on his health.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

The Goddess wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:54 am Once upon a time .................

He looks okay here
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The Goddess wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:30 pm
The Goddess wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:54 am Once upon a time .................

He looks okay here
Really? :huh: :huh:
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Yes, he looks fresh and handsome.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Pictures of Samuel Eto'o Fils at the Spanish Court where he admitted to tax fraud.
He accepted to pay the 3.8 million Euros (2.54 Billion FCFA) he owes

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

HOW BIG !
@fcbarcelona @deco_official ❤️ @jlaportaoficial ❤️ visca Barça

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto

The future of Africa’s children is in our hands. Together, we can create the right conditions for the next generation to thrive. #DayOfTheAfricanChild

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The Goddess wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:06 am Yes, he looks fresh and handsome.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know .... but will take your word for it.