Samuel Eto´0

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg
Re: Samuel Eto´0

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto
Quarter finals! 🦁🇨🇲 Brava Lionesses for showing us what you’re made of

chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

They have to improve dramatically if not they will be sent packing in the next
game. Surprised that the coach is still keeping his job. Hope it is not one of those appointments
based on man-know-man or tribe.
I don't know why the coach left that No.7 that long on the pitch
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

chopachop wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:14 pm They have to improve dramatically if not they will be sent packing in the next
game. Surprised that the coach is still keeping his job. Hope it is not one of those appointments
Definitely! The attack is the problem. Aboudi Onguene is out of form. Michael Abam is a poor man Enganamouit. The only person there with an eye for goal is Nchout Ajara. The midfield is yet to prove they can score some goals but some gems were discovered. That kid they call Ngock Monique, though suspended from the quarter finals, has been one of the great revelations of the tournament. Also, the right back Colette Ndzana is very good.

On the bench, the girl called Bella Rose, is a formidable player. When she game in against Tunisia, thats when Nchout could score the 2 nd goal. Overall, they must improve tremendously as you rightly said. Can they beat Nigeria? That I´m not certain of but they´ll put a better display.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Goddess.
How about the coach ? I am disappointed in him and just think he is just after his paycheck
than really getting the team play well and winning and my observation is based on a number
of the players lacking fundamental knowledge of the game which is not supposed to be the case with
the Lioness considering the long history of playing in the tournament as well as internationally.
I cannot still understand how they could not beat a very poor debutant Togolese team that alone is enough for the
coach to be relieved of his duties while the tournament is going on. To me Ngo Mbeleck is going to be the star of that
team, her footwork, dribbling, passing and running with and without the ball is top notch. She has a very high understanding of the game. I started watching in the middle of the 2nd half and to me the captain Gabreille Onguene was the poor link well maybe she was tired and immediately she was replaced they scored the 2nd goal. I hope they have just been slow starters and are improving as the tournament progress and the victory will help to boast team morale. I have watched SA a number of times and that is a well coached team with almost all the players having a sound understanding of the game.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

The Goddess wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:33 am
chopachop wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:14 pm They have to improve dramatically if not they will be sent packing in the next
Definitely! The attack is the problem. Aboudi Onguene is out of form. Michaela Abam is a poor man Enganamouit. The only person there with an eye for goal is Nchout Ajara. The midfield is yet to prove they can score some goals but some gems were discovered. That kid they call Ngock Monique, though suspended from the quarter finals, has been one of the great revelations of the tournament. Also, the right back Colette Ndzana is very good.

On the bench, the girl called Bella Rose, is a formidable player. When she game in against Tunisia, thats when Nchout could score the 2 nd goal. Overall, they must improve tremendously as you rightly said. Can they beat Nigeria? That I´m not certain of but they´ll put a better display.
In defense of my niece Michaela, she has not been used enough by the coaching staff. Since she was discovered, the only time she has had with the team was the last world cup in which Enganamouit was favored over her. She never gelled well with the team. I know she needs to make some improvements, but let's give some slack as this is her first tournament with Cameroon in which she is actually starting, even though he role is still limited.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

chopachop wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:43 pm Goddess.
How about the coach ? I am disappointed in him and just think he is just after his paycheck
than really getting the team play well and winning and my observation is based on a number
of the players lacking fundamental knowledge of the game which is not supposed to be the case with
the Lioness considering the long history of playing in the tournament as well as internationally.
I cannot still understand how they could not beat a very poor debutant Togolese team that alone is enough for the
coach to be relieved of his duties while the tournament is going on. To me Ngo Mbeleck is going to be the star of that
team, her footwork, dribbling, passing and running with and without the ball is top notch. She has a very high understanding of the game. I started watching in the middle of the 2nd half and to me the captain Gabreille Onguene was the poor link well maybe she was tired and immediately she was replaced they scored the 2nd goal. I hope they have just been slow starters and are improving as the tournament progress and the victory will help to boast team morale. I have watched SA a number of times and that is a well coached team with almost all the players having a sound understanding of the game.
Its very unprofeessional to sack a coach at the middle of a tournament. I heard the rumours too and was hoping they werent true. I believe though he did have some technical help with the game against Tunisia since he showed very strong limitations in the first 2. But also giving him the benefit of the doubt, the team is in transition and need some gelling. From the squad of 2015, only Awona, Yango, Ajara and Meffometou are present.

Concerning the players, while Ngo Beleck did some dribblings, she´s very poor at making the right decisions or giving the good pass that can lead to something. Cameroonians are just excited about her dribblings. Dribblings produce nothing.
Onguene is completely out of form. Since 2019 she´s been going down hill. Hope she can still perform magic before she finally hangs her boots.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Rogermilla wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:57 pm
Definitely! The attack is the problem. Aboudi Onguene is out of form. Michaela Abam is a poor man Enganamouit. The only person there with an eye for goal is Nchout Ajara. The midfield is yet to prove they can score some goals but some gems were discovered. That kid they call Ngock Monique, though suspended from the quarter finals, has been one of the great revelations of the tournament. Also, the right back Colette Ndzana is very good.

In defense of my niece Michaela, she has not been used enough by the coaching staff. Since she was discovered, the only time she has had with the team was the last world cup in which Enganamouit was favored over her. She never gelled well with the team. I know she needs to make some improvements, but let's give some slack as this is her first tournament with Cameroon in which she is actually starting, even though he role is still limited.
RM, na how bodi? I heard you´ve been named the roving ambassador with the lions. :sneaky:

About Micheala, well atleast she has Johnson to hang around with. What i like about her is her positiv energy. Always smiling (out of the pitch) and hard working but lots of improvement to be made.

If I were the coach, ill instruct her to be permanently in the centre becuase on the flanks she can hardly beat her marker. I watched the game against Zambia and was frustrated seeing her always running into cul de sac at the flanks. She was rightly dropped against Togo. Her crosses, first touch, passes and strike on goal must definitely improve. Overall, she played her best game with the lions against Tunisia.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

The Goddess wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:21 pm
Its very unprofeessional to sack a coach at the middle of a tournament. I heard the rumours too and was hoping they werent true. I believe though he did have some technical help with the game against Tunisia since he showed very strong limitations in the first 2. But also giving him the benefit of the doubt, the team is in transition and need some gelling. From the squad of 2015, only Awona, Yango, Ajara and Meffometou are present.

Concerning the players, while Ngo Beleck did some dribblings, she´s very poor at making the right decisions or giving the good pass that can lead to something. Cameroonians are just excited about her dribblings. Dribblings produce nothing.
Onguene is completely out of form. Since 2019 she´s been going down hill. Hope she can still perform magic before she finally hangs her boots.
A dribbler is definitely needed in a game to unlock defenses that sit back as that will force teams to double or triple
mark leaving other players to run into created space, leaving her on the bench because she dribbles alot is the wrong decision
by the coach considering how the team has been unable to make forays into the oppositions box, it is the job of the coach to teach her to transform her dribbling to an end-product. I don't think firing a coach during a tournament is unprofessional, it is sending a strong message that you get fired if you don't perform, He gives me the impression he doesn't even know his team, the team is playing as if there was no pre-tournament camp and just met for the first time at the tournament. The shooting, passing, off and on the ball running in the first 2 games was atrocious, there was some improvement in the Tunisia game and further improvement is needed if they harbor any hopes of beating the falcons.
I still think that even if the team does well in this Wafcon the coach should be relieved of his duties because any success will be because of sheer luck, although there is that saying that "Luck favors the prepared" it doesn't apply in Cameroon's case.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

chopachop wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:26 am

A dribbler is definitely needed in a game to unlock defenses that sit back as that will force teams to double or triple
mark leaving other players to run into created space, leaving her on the bench because she dribbles alot is the wrong decision
by the coach considering how the team has been unable to make forays into the oppositions box, it is the job of the coach to teach her to transform her dribbling to an end-product. I don't think firing a coach during a tournament is unprofessional, it is sending a strong message that you get fired if you don't perform, He gives me the impression he doesn't even know his team, the team is playing as if there was no pre-tournament camp and just met for the first time at the tournament. The shooting, passing, off and on the ball running in the first 2 games was atrocious, there was some improvement in the Tunisia game and further improvement is needed if they harbor any hopes of beating the falcons.
I still think that even if the team does well in this Wafcon the coach should be relieved of his duties because any success will be because of sheer luck, although there is that saying that "Luck favors the prepared" it doesn't apply in Cameroon's case.
How many goals did those dribblings provoke? Playing to the gallery is different than purposeful dribbling.

Its easy to shout fire the coach but where/who is the replacement? Do they have any competent assistants? Its not at the tournament a coach comes to teach an old player like Ngo Beleck how to pass the ball.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

The Goddess wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:28 pm
Rogermilla wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:57 pm

RM, na how bodi? I heard you´ve been named the roving ambassador with the lions. :sneaky:

About Micheala, well atleast she has Johnson to hang around with. What i like about her is her positiv energy. Always smiling (out of the pitch) and hard working but lots of improvement to be made.

If I were the coach, ill instruct her to be permanently in the centre becuase on the flanks she can hardly beat her marker. I watched the game against Zambia and was frustrated seeing her always running into cul de sac at the flanks. She was rightly dropped against Togo. Her crosses, first touch, passes and strike on goal must definitely improve. Overall, she played her best game with the lions against Tunisia.
My dear Goddess, body dey fine. Hope same with you. Regarding Michaela, I think she will eventually gel well with the team as the days go by. Her lack of callup and also not being given her chances due to Enganamouit overshadowing her, I think showed. Also she is more of a pivot forward as opposed to playing from the wings. Ever since she was growing up, when she played for the US under 16 girls team, that is how she was used. Also she might not be that much technical in terms dribbling and what not, since she grew up in the US system, but however, her strength has always been her push and effectiveness in front of the goal line. Also her physical fitness is what is what makes her a very good forward. Let's hope this victory bring some more confidence in them to roar past the Falcons in the quarter finals and beyond.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

The Goddess wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:12 pm
chopachop wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:26 am

How many goals did those dribblings provoke? Playing to the gallery is different than purposeful dribbling.

Its easy to shout fire the coach but where/who is the replacement? Do they have any competent assistants? Its not at the tournament a coach comes to teach an old player like Ngo Beleck how to pass the ball.
Just because there were cheers when she dribbled doesn't mean she is playing to the gallery
A team is more effective when players without the ball run into space to receive
the ball, you can't blame a player who loses the ball just because team mates where nowhere near
the player to receive a pass.
I started watching late but the few times I saw her she dribbled and passed the ball.
Football these days is so predictable and boring because the Oyibos have brainwashed us
to frown on players that dribble leading to countries like Brazil being unable to win the WC as their
players playing in Europe have been taught to be one-dimensional and play like programmed robots.
The same can be said of African teams, there are no Okochas or Diouf and we are finding it difficult
even outplaying and defeating Asian teams why because of the one-dimensional predictable play that
the oyibos have ingrained in us, factor in lack of planning, training and attention to details and it is
not difficult to understand why we cannot win even one match at the WC. Look at our 1990 WC team, or
the 1994 Green Eagles or earlier Algeria and Morocco WC teams they were not predictable because the teams
were not made up predominately of foreign based players.
What difference does it make when the main coach himself is not competent, he was supposed
to get them to play the way he wants unfortunately I don't see them playing cohesively that
beggars the question what they were doing in camp and lessons they learned from the pre-tournament
friendlies that they played. I did see some improvement in the Tunisia match but then I don't know whether
that was because their backs where against the wall, someone gave them a stern talk or they were just slow
starters and just started to gel. I know a well coached team when I see one unfortunately the Lionesse are not
and the blame falls squarely on the coach. Now watch the SA team that is a well coached team with a pattern
of play. Sorry we shouldn't tolerate mediocrity just because it one of our own.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto
A real pleasure to sit down with Forbes Africa 10 years after I was on the cover of the first issue back in 2012. Read about my reflections on the past and ambitions for the future here.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto´o

A pleasure to welcome French international player @griedgeouu to the @fecafootofficiel headquarters. Congratulations on your spectacular performance during the recent Women’s EURO 2022 👏🏿

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto'o, today, presented the Best FECAFOOT Employee of the Month of June award to Ndem Yessa!
The winner was handed an attestation accompanied with the sum of 150000frs, a complete equipment set of the Indomitable Lions, a paid weekend for family at tourist location Sanaga Beach, as well as a dinner for two at Boukarou Lounge.
This initiative is geared towards boosting productivity at FECAFOOT.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Heroic Cameroonian referee who saved a player's life has been rewarded by Samuel Eto'o!
During a West Regional League match in Foumbot between Volcan FC and AS Menoua, Lionnel Messi lost consciousness following a head collision with an opponent. Referee Ngangoum Michel reacted out of reflex, rushing towards the victim and placing him in an adequate position, while ensuring that he did not swallow his tongue.
In that state of safety, the player was then transported to the hospital in Foumbot where he received treatment. If not for the quick intervention of the referee, the worst could have happened.
The heroic referee was received in audience by FECAFOOT President Samuel Eto'o in Yaounde today.
In the course of the meeting, FECAFOOT President announced first aid training for players, coaches and match officials ahead of the new football season.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Strolling in the Scooter 8-)

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

is this just a PR about Eto'o?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

HUGE DEVELOPMENT! Samuel Eto'o announces each Elite One club shall receive a subvention of 48 million francs, while the champions shall receive 100 million francs in the up-coming MTN Elite One season!
The President of FECAFOOT said each club has to invest 5 million francs out of the money paid them in creating under-15 and under-17 teams.
Equally, the final installment of grants due clubs with regard to the just-ended season is available, the President revealed.
Samuel Eto'o has also announced the organisation of a Cameroon Ballon d'Or event to recognise the best players and coaches of the league. This existed sometime in the past, and the President wants a comeback.
A training workshop is also in view to imbibe club management staff with model techniques for the smooth functioning of their respective entities.
Samuel Eto'o has equally expressed plans to organise the Cameroon Trophy of Champions (Super Cup) in what he described as "an American style".
Worth noting that the new Elite One season shall kick off on October 15th 2022 and end in April 2023, while Elite Two shall commence on October 29th 2022, and the Guinness Super League will kick-off on November 5th 2022.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

FECAFOOT President Samuel Eto'o is present this moment at the 44th Ordinary General Assembly of CAF in Arusha, Tanzania!
The highlight of the ceremony will be the official launching of the CAF Super League which will revolutionise African club football.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Two legends meet! Four-time African player of the year Samuel Eto'o meets Algerian legend Rabah Madjer!
These are two African legends who earned outstanding success at club and national levels.
Madjer was one of the world's best in the 1980s, winning the Champions League with Porto in 1987, as well as AFCON with Algeria in 1990. The 1987 Africa player of the year is among the 100 best players of the 20th century according to the International Federation of Football History and Statistics.
His interlocutor here needs no introduction to the new generation. Four-time African player of the year Samuel Eto'o has won the Champions League multiple times, while setting records that have stood the test of time in Europe. He equally has two AFCON titles to his name.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Malawi's Football Association President Walter Nyamilandu expresses delight in meeting FECAFOOT President Samuel Eto'o ahead of CAF General Assembly in Tanzania:
"I had the honour to share notes with Samuel Eto'o, the President of Cameroon Football Association, ahead of the CAF General Assembly in Arusha, Tanzania tomorrow. What a genius he was in his days. His smile and demeanour is still infectious."

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The Goddess wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:20 pm Malawi's Football Association President Walter Nyamilandu expresses delight in meeting FECAFOOT President Samuel Eto'o ahead of CAF General Assembly in Tanzania:
"I had the honour to share notes with Samuel Eto'o, the President of Cameroon Football Association, ahead of the CAF General Assembly in Arusha, Tanzania tomorrow. What a genius he was in his days. His smile and demeanour is still infectious."

Lol @ what a genius he WAS…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Seems the new Fecafoot presidos job is to take pictures all over the globe and call it work
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved