Samuel Eto´0

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Samuel Eto´0

Post by mcal »

Kabalega wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:44 am Kai, imagine having J. J. Okocha as NFF president, Kanu as Team manager Joseph Yobo as the main coach with Lagerback the assistant coach. :D
...Eto'o has been to the mountain top higher than those three.
Samuel Eto'o has done well in his short time on the job.
I'll guess he's lucky to have a good listener as a "bagman" in Cameroon.
In Nigeria, with all your expertise, knowledge and good intention, the ogas at the top may not listen to you, or even sabotage you. Keshi time comes to mind.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Kabalega wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:44 am Kai, imagine having J. J. Okocha as NFF president, Kanu as Team manager Joseph Yobo as the main coach with Lagerback the assistant coach. :D
What stops Nigeria from getting this done? Someone must be courageous enough to grab the bull by its horns.
Last edited by The Goddess on Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

mcal wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:29 pm
...Eto'o has been to the mountain top higher than those three.
Samuel Eto'o has done well in his short time on the job.
I'll guess he's lucky to have a good listener as a "bagman" in Cameroon.
In Nigeria, with all your expertise, knowledge and good intention, the ogas at the top may not listen to you, or even sabotage you. Keshi time comes to mind.
He has Paul Biya and his right hand man behind him. He´s even more powerful than most ministers, just to show you how loved he is by the people on top. But I still fear for him. When his popularity begins to overshadow Biya´s due to his good works, they might try to eliminate him.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Smuel Eto

"The work of today makes the victories of tomorrow. Keep going"

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto
"There’s a power in being able to tell our own stories and reclaim our history. I felt deeply inspired visiting the Benin Art Expo and viewing the 26 historic artifacts that were returned to Benin last year. Congratulations President Patrice Talon on this incredible victory".

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Goddess:
Thank you for this thread. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: This is really inspiring. I am now paying attention to Eto'o and Cameroon.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto (05.03.2022)
"Hall of fame 🏆 Thank you Inter family for inviting me back to San Siro to celebrate this incredible recognition. So great to be reunited with old teammates".

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Toxicarrow wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:46 pm Goddess:
Thank you for this thread. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: This is really inspiring. I am now paying attention to Eto'o and Cameroon.
For nothing Toxicarrow. Every country in Africa should aspire for great leaders. Maybe when the product of his good works get seen, then other African countries would abandon their backward ways and emulate.

If Cameroon would have just 2 more leaders like him, we´ll get to the promise land.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto (01.03.2022)

"Congratulations @song_officiel_4 , the new head coach of Cameroon’s Indomitable Lions. It’s a privilege and honour to once more stand shoulder to shoulder with my former captain, and take our football to new heights".

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Eto and one of his sons during the Afcon

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto 02.01.2022

"What an honour to have my career at RCD Mallorca memorialised like this 🔥 Real Mallorca put me on the map in the early days of my international career and it is still one of my favourite clubs I ever played for".

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Over the years, Cameroon has been blessed with outstanding goalkeepers, some of whom rank among Africa's all-time greats!
Name your top 3. Let's go!
This is in commemoration of International Goalkeeper Day, April 14.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

From top left Nkono, Ondoua, Alioum Boukar
Kameni, Onana Souleymanou
Bell, Songo`o
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

The Goddess wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:03 pm Eto and one of his sons during the Afcon

...what do you mean "one of his sons"? Is that not Cameroon/Ajax goalie Onana?
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Origin of the name "INDOMITABLE LION"
In the book entitled "Maniben Tombi" ("The Black Lion of Banen"), written by Richard Behaki, it is recounted that the symbolic title "Indomitable Lions" originates from a Banen chief.
We are in 1902 in the locality of Nebolen in the Ndikinimeki Subdivision of the Mbam and Inoubou Division, Centre Region of Cameroon. Following the death of his father, Maniben Tombi is made chief, and he puts together an army led by mystical powers which inflicts a series of defeats on German troops.
In the face of the humiliation, the captain of the German occupational force, Hans Dominik, tricks Maniben's wife, connives with her and gets the chief arrested.
Before leaving for the prison, Maniben tells his wife in the Banen indigenous language, "I will be back; don't shut the door of the house!". He is then taken to a prison in Bonanjo, Douala, where he is severely tortured, and he goes on a hunger strike. In his cell, Maniben frequently roars like a lion, and asks for a human head in the place of food.
Captain Hans Dominik then decides to transfer the dangerous captive to a prison in Germany. As soon as Maniben approaches the sea, he suddenly breaks free and escapes. The German soldiers open fire and to the surprise of all, Maniben transforms into a big black lion and dashes out of view.
Unfortunately a heavy storm sweeps through the village that day prompting Maniben's wife to shut the door. When he reaches his compound, he notices the door is locked and before he knows it, the soldiers surround and shoot him. Maniben struggles but does not survive the fatal wounds.
His killers, the soldiers, however, admire his bravery so much that they build a monument in his honour.
It is said that some time later, Mrs Maniben, had the opportunity to meet former president, Amadou Ahidjo, and she explained the story to the Head of State who fell to the caprices of the lion and went on to instruct that it should be used as emblem of the national football team and the military.
Albeit very captivating, the "Maniben Tombi" ("The Black Lion of Banen") is not regarded as the lone genesis of the title "Indomitable Lions". Matter-of-factly, more formal documents have it that following Cameroon's disappointing exit in the semi-finals of the 1972 Africa Cup of Nations hosted by the country, then-President Ahmadou Ahidjo named Felix Tonye new Minister of Sports, to put the nation's football back in order. Among the many reforms brought by the minister was a name for the team. A national call for suggestions was made and the best, "Indomitable Lions", was adopted.
(Sources: "Maniben Tombi" by R. Behaki, Le Journal du Cameroun)

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

mcal wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:50 pm
The Goddess wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:03 pm Eto and one of his sons during the Afcon

Football son. Onana passed through Eto´s foundation before moving to La Masia. Onana, Ondoua, Bassogog etc.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

The Goddess wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:54 pm
mcal wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:50 pm

Football son. Onana passed through Eto´s foundation before moving to La Masia. Onana, Ondoua, Bassogog etc.
...got you :thumb:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The Goddess wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:36 pm Over the years, Cameroon has been blessed with outstanding goalkeepers, some of whom rank among Africa's all-time greats!

1. Thomas Nkono
2. Denis Onyango
3. Essam "High Dam" El-Hadary
4. Paul Ssali
5. Antoine Bell
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Kabalega wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:38 pm
The Goddess wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:36 pm Over the years, Cameroon has been blessed with outstanding goalkeepers, some of whom rank among Africa's all-time greats!

1. Thomas Nkono
2. Denis Onyango
4. Paul Ssali
5. Antoine Bell
Denis Onyango ?? :blink: :blink:
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto'o:
"Today I can say that I have reduced the shenanigans (dishonest activities) at FECAFOOT by 80% and we are ready to go up to 100%.
We were in an environment where people come to work at 2pm and leave at 2:30pm. Now, they come at 8am. We are achieving all what we promised.
Bringing peace to the house has also been a major success. There was a lot of fighting. We found an agreement with some seniors generally called "2009". You know, peace is always more difficult than war. With wars you just fire at people but dialoguing is never easy and I am happy some of my seniors accompanied me to achieve that."

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

The Guinness Super League (Cameroon women's football league) kicks off at 3pm today at the Yaounde Ngoa-ekelle stadium.
Last year's champions Awa FC face Louves Minproff. Entry shall be free to all and sundry.
Note that aside the 20 million francs reserved for the winner of the league, there shall be a special prize for the club with the best online (social media) presence. This shall be offered by the main sponsor.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The Goddess wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:17 pm
Kabalega wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:38 pm

1. Thomas Nkono
2. Denis Onyango
4. Paul Ssali
5. Antoine Bell
Denis Onyango ?? :blink: :blink:
Yep, Africa's number 1, Denis Onyango Masinde. :thumbs: :thumbs:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

SAMUEL ETO'O SUSPENDS HIS SECRETARY GENERAL BENJAMIN BANLOCK FOR CORRUPTION
Newly appointed Secretary General of FECAFOOT Benjamin Banlock has been suspended following his involvement in corrupt practices. He allegedly swindled the sum of 5,000,000 frs allocated for a second division club Aigle of Nkongsamba.
The Secretary General reportedly blocked the registration of Aigle of Nkongsamba in FIFA Connect, which helps keep track of players across the world. He also deterred them from their deserved financial benefits.
The club president Emmanuel Tankoua filed a report to Samuel Eto'o. After probing, he suspended the SG and temporarily transferred the management of finances to his Chief of Cabinet Jean LUC Pierre Camille.