Samuel Eto´0

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Samuel Eto´0

Post by mcal »

mate wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:44 am I like reading these posts about how various African countries are trying to develop their football. I always come back to the same question: how good are the leagues?

A good league is the foundation on which player pipelining and development occur. Success is tracked. Players produced per capita. Revenue and profits too.

I’m not knowledgeable enough to know about any 1 African country here. But that’s how I’d judge: do the leagues across age groups develop and put players into higher football clubs?
...in Nigeria the league is poor.
Poorly managed that is, our CE Nigerians know this that's why all the hype and encouragement by some to source players from outside the country to play for the national team.
Our current football chief did not even do matters better by showing his love of a foreign club of which he boast of flying to London to watch every week.
Over all Africa, especially Sub-Saharan, has problem with local leagues.
Probably only South Africa and some north African leagues can measure up to the rest of the world.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The Goddess wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:00 am
kalani JR wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:09 pm Why is he fighting Yannick Noah?
Samuel Eto'o sends reassuring message to Cameroonians regarding Le Coq Sportif decision:
"Effectively, there are always hard decisions to make and I think I'm sufficiently ready to make them. It's my responsibility; I was voted to make such decisions. People can criticise but at the end they are good decisions. We don't take them because they make us happy; anyone who doesn't respect Cameroon, or the Cameroon Football Federation, cannot work with FECAFOOT which is your Federation. I said it yesterday or day before...in front of some people I don't want to cite here. I'm not that house negro that will sell what is most precious to Cameroonian footballers. I can make errors because I am human; even before God He will forgive me because He knows I'm human; but I will never sell you, my compatriots. Know that! When I take a decision, I think about all what you do. I will explain myself before anyone with proofs...When the time comes, I'll speak with proofs. The proofs are palpable. I don't go around buying journalists to say I'm handsome. The decisions I took are motivated by the proofs. I'm proud to be Cameroonian. I'm proud to be Black. I am Black and a Cameroonian without complex."

If you are saying those out loud, you have a complex.

Wha choo looking at?!
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:35 pm
The Goddess wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:00 am
kalani JR wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:09 pm Why is he fighting Yannick Noah?
Samuel Eto'o sends reassuring message to Cameroonians regarding Le Coq Sportif decision:
"Effectively, there are always hard decisions to make and I think I'm sufficiently ready to make them. It's my responsibility; I was voted to make such decisions. People can criticise but at the end they are good decisions. We don't take them because they make us happy; anyone who doesn't respect Cameroon, or the Cameroon Football Federation, cannot work with FECAFOOT which is your Federation. I said it yesterday or day before...in front of some people I don't want to cite here. I'm not that house negro that will sell what is most precious to Cameroonian footballers. I can make errors because I am human; even before God He will forgive me because He knows I'm human; but I will never sell you, my compatriots. Know that! When I take a decision, I think about all what you do. I will explain myself before anyone with proofs...When the time comes, I'll speak with proofs. The proofs are palpable. I don't go around buying journalists to say I'm handsome. The decisions I took are motivated by the proofs. I'm proud to be Cameroonian. I'm proud to be Black. I am Black and a Cameroonian without complex."

If you are saying those out loud, you have a complex.
We are talking about a small person here.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

mcal wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:09 pm
mate wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:44 am I like reading these posts about how various African countries are trying to develop their football. I always come back to the same question: how good are the leagues?

A good league is the foundation on which player pipelining and development occur. Success is tracked. Players produced per capita. Revenue and profits too.

I’m not knowledgeable enough to know about any 1 African country here. But that’s how I’d judge: do the leagues across age groups develop and put players into higher football clubs?
Poorly managed that is, our CE Nigerians know this that's why all the hype and encouragement by some to source players from outside the country to play for the national team.
Our current football chief did not even do matters better by showing his love of a foreign club of which he boast of flying to London to watch every week.
Probably only South Africa and some north African leagues can measure up to the rest of the world.

Here is the article I was mentioning. It is long but worth a read. It concretely discusses why Croatia produces better footballers than Scotland...especially regarding the use of quality leagues and competitions, ensuring young players engage top competition, across a long time horizon. An elevator over a ladder approach.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/thre ... st-9114284

There are other factors, but I think this blogger has it right. To summarize how Croatian players are developed:
  • They are send to various leagues, teams, camps, and competitions as necessary, domestically and, to expose them to different styles, abroad.
  • They are given a long time to develop, with an emphasis on development over winning competitions. Croatia prioritizes developing a pipeline of players with international youth tournaments over winning them.
  • Various leagues should be a competition of nearer equals rather then 1-2 clubs dominating all of them. So when a Croatian is loaned to another team in the league, he gets to play in a pretty good outfit, ironically agains his former team.
None of this is hi-tech. Croatian parents and charity must round out state support for top facilities, sports science, and the extras. Davor Suker, Boban, even Modric and current players, get involved actually...to the point of training the players.

Suker with the Croatian FA run academies in the USA. Not so much to make money, mind you, they do and this involves the usual corruption. But more to identify kids of Croatian heritage to augment kids in Croatia.

These are matters of decision and culture. It is important to Croatia to be good in soccer. Much as we like to believe we are better intrinsically...who doesn't believe they aren't?...Croatians take care of the basics to ensure players get an opportunity to develop, play, and have a career in case they don't make it.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

mate wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:02 am

Here is the article I was mentioning. It is long but worth a read. It concretely discusses why Croatia produces better footballers than Scotland...especially regarding the use of quality leagues and competitions, ensuring young players engage top competition, across a long time horizon. An elevator over a ladder approach.

There are other factors, but I think this blogger has it right. To summarize how Croatian players are developed:
  • They are send to various leagues, teams, camps, and competitions as necessary, domestically and, to expose them to different styles, abroad.
  • They are given a long time to develop, with an emphasis on development over winning competitions. Croatia prioritizes developing a pipeline of players with international youth tournaments over winning them.
  • Various leagues should be a competition of nearer equals rather then 1-2 clubs dominating all of them. So when a Croatian is loaned to another team in the league, he gets to play in a pretty good outfit, ironically agains his former team.
None of this is hi-tech. Croatian parents and charity must round out state support for top facilities, sports science, and the extras. Davor Suker, Boban, even Modric and current players, get involved actually...to the point of training the players.

Suker with the Croatian FA run academies in the USA. Not so much to make money, mind you, they do and this involves the usual corruption. But more to identify kids of Croatian heritage to augment kids in Croatia.

These are matters of decision and culture. It is important to Croatia to be good in soccer. Much as we like to believe we are better intrinsically...who doesn't believe they aren't?...Croatians take care of the basics to ensure players get an opportunity to develop, play, and have a career in case they don't make it.
...I can tell you my small mind perspective.
Croatia is a smaller country/people than Nigeria.
Croatia has it's nucleus of citizens, language, religion etc, while in Nigeria we are larger, diverse in language, religion, culture etc.
Those has been the destructive issue affecting Nigeria in it's development in every facet, football included. Many times it's a difficult debate to engage in, else one will be accused of tribalism or sectionalism.
Fostering players to develop, or to invite them to national assignment tend to be looked at with quota and or jaundice eyes.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

:sad: no
mcal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:04 pm

Croatia has it's nucleus of citizens, language, religion etc, while in Nigeria we are larger, diverse in language, religion, culture etc.
Those has been the destructive issue affecting Nigeria in it's development in every facet, football included. Many times it's a difficult debate to engage in, else one will be accused of tribalism or sectionalism.
Fostering players to develop, or to invite them to national assignment tend to be looked at with quota and or jaundice eyes.
Good point. We had the same in Yugoslavia, which you know blew up.

I’ve no good advice on this. Just don’t let it come to what we did in killing one another. There are better ways.

Football comes 2nd to a peaceful outcome. Thoughts and hopes for you all in this. And I hope football can play a positive role in a positive outcome.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

mate wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:56 pm :sad: no
mcal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:04 pm

Good point. We had the same in Yugoslavia, which you know blew up.

I’ve no good advice on this. Just don’t let it come to what we did in killing one another. There are better ways.

Football comes 2nd to a peaceful outcome. Thoughts and hopes for you all in this. And I hope football can play a positive role in a positive outcome.
...I hear you. We keep our fingers crossed saying may be next time, but next time comes same mistakes are made, and that's Nigeria for you.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

YAOUNDE CAMEROON 🇨🇲
Culture and Sport:
Toghu Association for Culture TAC (TAM) Meets FECAFOOT President, Samuel Eto'o Fils.
The President of the Cameroon Football Fédération, FECAFOOT, Samuel Eto'o Fils today Tuesday October 11, 2022, received at his office in Yaoundé, a délégation of Africa's number-one-trending cultural organisation Toghu Association for Culture TAC (TAM). The meeting which comes few months to the Qatar 2022 World Cup, was an opportunity for the TAC team led by its founder and president, Maybelle Boma, to discuss with Eto'o how the sport can be used to sell the cultural beauty and identity of Cameroon. Eto'o thanked the TAC délégation for the great work they have been doing and told the team that he will always be waiting them when they want to meet him for more collaboration. TAC President Maybelle Boma , during the meeting, offered Fecafoot president, a t-shirt of the organisation. The meeting with the FECAFOOT boss, it should be noted, is the outcome of TAC's strong believe that sport and culture are the cornerstone of unity in every country.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

André Onana has come a long way. He will forever be grateful to Samuel Eto'o whom he affectionately calls "Papa"!
In 2006, while he was playing for FC Barcelona and not yet the at his financial peak, Samuel Eto'o already had his sights set on giving back to football and to his community.
He thus created 'Fundesport' a foundation located in Douala with mission to scout underprivileged children and give them a chance in big European clubs, notably FC Barcelona. Today, that foundation boasts of over 21 full professional players in Europe, the most outstanding being André Onana, not forgetting the likes of Fabrice Ondoa and Fabrice Olinga.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Samuel Eto

Empowering and uplifting Cameroonian girls through education and sports is something I'm deeply committed to. Today, on International Day Of The Girl, join me in envisioning a future where girls thrive and can realise their full potential. #DayOfTheGirl

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

BRAVO MAMAN ❤️❤️❤️COUPE DU CAMEROUN 🇨🇲

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:mad:
Your Goddessness, this your worship of Eto is too much na? Wetin? Are you hoping he will see it and boyfriend you? :D :taunt: Yes, he was a great striker, in fact, one of the, to me even the best Africa has ever produced, but worshipping every nonsense he does for Cameroon just makes me want to throw up. :mad: :taunt: :D
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Well, I don't think it is worship she is just showing what a big difference he has been compared with past FA heads. It gives hope knowing he is doing a great t job hat will bear fruit in the future. You are free to show us some of the good work of Piknik so that we can start harboring hope that the future is bright for Nigerian football.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

chopachop wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:37 am Well, I don't think it is worship she is just showing what a big difference he has been compared with past FA heads. It gives hope knowing he is doing a great t job hat will bear fruit in the future. You are free to show us some of the good work of Piknik so that we can start harboring hope that the future is bright for Nigerian football.
:D :taunt:
Chief, if I look proproly, I am sure I can find pikshures of Piknik hugging nyoung girls and old mama dem. :biggrin:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

The Goddess wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:53 am YAOUNDE CAMEROON 🇨🇲

...love Samuel Eto'o enthusiasm and forward looking for their football.
But something caught my attention.
Is this ceremony in front of fecafoot national office?
That building look like a road side shop front.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

ohsee wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:47 pm :mad:
Your Goddessness, this your worship of Eto is too much na? Wetin? Are you hoping he will see it and boyfriend you? :D :taunt: Yes, he was a great striker, in fact, one of the, to me even the best Africa has ever produced, but worshipping every nonsense he does for Cameroon just makes me want to throw up. :mad: :taunt: :D
Mr Ohsee, you had a choice to skip the thread, you know. :?
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

mcal wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:33 pm
The Goddess wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:53 am YAOUNDE CAMEROON 🇨🇲

...love Samuel Eto'o enthusiasm and forward looking for their football.
But something caught my attention.
Is this ceremony in front of fecafoot national office?
That building look like a road side shop front.
Yes indeed! The fecafoot building is in a deplorable structure. A new building has been in works since 2012 but never getting finished. Eto plans to get it done ASAP.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The Goddess wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:47 pm
Why? Once I see your name, I know I must not skip the thread. :D :taunt:
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

ohsee wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:19 pm
The Goddess wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:47 pm
Why? Once I see your name, I know I must not skip the thread. :D :taunt:
Troll :taunt:
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

President Samuel Eto'o beams with enthusiasm ahead of a new Elite One season!

In August, Samuel Eto'o announced each Elite One club shall receive a subvention of 48 million francs, while the champions shall receive 100 million francs in the up-coming MTN Elite One season.

The President of FECAFOOT said each club has to invest 5 million francs out of the money paid them in creating under-15 and under-17 teams.

Samuel Eto'o has also announced the organisation of a Cameroon Ballon d'Or event to recognise the best players and coaches of the league. This existed sometime in the past, and the President has resuscitated it.

A training workshop is also in view to imbibe club management staff with model techniques for the smooth functioning of their respective entities.

Samuel Eto'o has equally expressed plans to organise the Cameroon Trophy of Champions (Super Cup) in what he described as "an American style".

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

FECAFOOT Regional League presidents honour Samuel Eto'o as best FECAFOOT president of all time!
The Regional League presidents converged in a meeting with the FECAFOOT President today in Yaounde, after which they handed him an honorary diploma in appreciation for his groundbreaking work since becoming president.
Eight out of the the 10 Regional presidents were present, with only those of Far North and North West Region absent.
Samuel Eto'o, at the close of the meeting, instructed his Secretary General to convene meetings of this nature every 6 months to permit him discuss with the Regional presidents and take stock of what is happening in their various areas.

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Cameroon´s Ballon d´Or

SOUAIBOU MAROU Cameroon's Ballon d'Or!
The Coton Sport striker had a year clad in gold. He didn't just score many goals but the big fixtures of the year didn't pass him by as he got on the score sheet notably in the Cameroon Cup final, 2023 CHAN playoff and CAF Champions League playoff.
Stunning goals in the MTN Elite One led Coton Sport to the title, and his lone strike in the Cup final completed a domestic double for the Garoua outfit.