Today na today! City 4 - Real 3

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Today na today! Pep vahsus Real Madrid!

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:34 pm Really shocked at Carlo Ancelotti and his decision in MF.

This tie could be over by HT
Indeed. Time to share your notes with Carlo Ancelotti so that he will not be making decisions that will shock you.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Today na today! City 4 - Real 3

Post by Kabalega »

Entertaining game with shambolic defending all around.
What happened to Alaba?

Man City couldn't defend against a textbook Vini Jr. run? SMH.... they must have watched rolls of film of it and how other teams thwart it.

Let's hope the 2nd leg will offer better footie.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:37 pm Entertaining game with shambolic defending all around.
What happened to Alaba?

Man City couldn't defend against a textbook Vini Jr. run? SMH.... they must have watched rolls of film of it and how other teams thwart it.

True, hopefully, the teams will POUNCE in the second leg :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:37 pm Entertaining game with shambolic defending all around.
What happened to Alaba?

Walker should be back for the second, they'll be fine.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kalani JR wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:37 am
What happened to Alaba?

If Casemiro is back the midfield won’t be a freeway lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:56 am
kalani JR wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:37 am
What happened to Alaba?

If Casemiro is back the midfield won’t be a freeway lol
I don't know why Carlo didn't play Camavinga, Kroos is so done.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

What happened to Alaba?

Please don't tell me you enjoy those ('Maurinho special', 0-0, 1-0, 0-1) more. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you did not enjoy that game, then what's the point of a contest?
Hope your team succeeds. Cheers!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Casemiro played today ...Ancellotti rested Benz and brought him on as as sub .. Also played Camvinga in the "kroos" role.

The second leg will be sweet. With City also getting Walker back.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

joao wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:10 pm
What happened to Alaba?

Please don't tell me you enjoy those ('Maurinho special', 0-0, 1-0, 0-1) more. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you did not enjoy that game, then what's the point of a contest?
Hope your team succeeds. Cheers!!!
As a neutral I enjoyed the game.
As a footie fan, I didn't like the aftertaste of the defensive frailties.
A 4-3 score with good defending would have been ideal. :thumbs:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:14 pm
txj wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:34 pm Really shocked at Carlo Ancelotti and his decision in MF.

This tie could be over by HT
Indeed. Time to share your notes with Carlo Ancelotti so that he will not be making decisions that will shock you.
LOL!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:32 pm
Comrade Machel wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:40 am
maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:45 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:43 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:37 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:37 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: real madrid defense plus courtois nah real wah.. they are horrible and have zero sense in defending ... them just dey score them any how.. due to that pathetic UK government who destroyed Chelsea and now City

Real just dey let in goals anyhow.. Alaba and Miltao no be am at all
Den no sabi defend AT ALL!!!!! *shakes head*

Naa Mancity 4 goals all came from Carvajal sleeping - all 4 !! that's some fireable offence. but I must say he saved a sure goal off the line :sneaky:
Him and Alaba na short 1, at least den don comot Alaba...no proper sub for Carva...

Come on now. Alaba was playing with a hamstring injury

This man is tested at the very highest levels of football and proved behind reasonable doubt during his time at Bayern that he is more than capable of defending
I’ve seen him play throughout the season and to me he’s just a decent player esp at CB. Hamstring injury or not his decision making is what can be annoying, like taking the risk to cheat on Jesus in the box, you just don’t take such chances at CB cuz if it doesn’t work it’s a simple tap for the opponent..
I am actually surprised that he is played at CB in a 4 at the back formation. Then again, he has played CM, LB, LWB for Austria. If I were to play him as a CB, it would be as a LCB in a 5 man defence. However I am neither a coach or a manager. I have been pleasantly surprised that Real are winning matches with him in that role. Bayern's loss.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Coach wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:47 pm City have been very good but Mazi, like a seasoned boxer, clinching deep into the 12th. City needed the 2 goal cushion, anything less and they’re out.
Out.