Senegal fined $180,000 by FIFA for laser light show against Egypt

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Senegal fined $180,000 by FIFA for laser light show against Egypt

Post by Scipio Africanus »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/s ... story.html

ZURICH — FIFA fined Senegal’s soccer federation 175,000 Swiss francs ($180,000) on Monday for fan disorder at a World Cup playoff game, including shining laser pointers at Egypt star Mohamed Salah in the penalty shootout.

Salah’s face was a blur of vivid green light when he prepared to take his penalty, which he blasted over the bar. Senegal went on to win the shootout in Dakar in March with Salah’s Liverpool teammate Sadio Mané scoring the decisive spot kick.

FIFA said its disciplinary committee also looked into a pitch invasion by Senegal fans, an offensive banner and the national federation’s “failure to ensure that law and order are maintained in the stadium.”

Senegal was also ordered to play a future competitive game in an empty stadium.
The FIFA disciplinary panel also judged dozens of similar cases from World Cup qualifying games played since January and handed out several other fines and stadium closures.

Nigeria was punished with a 150,000 Swiss francs ($154,000) fine and one-game stadium closure. Fans invaded the field in Abuja and there were other incidents of disorder after Nigeria was eliminated at home by Ghana in their playoff.

FIFA imposed fines of 125,000 Swiss francs ($128,000) on Congo and 100,000 Swiss francs ($103,000) on Lebanon in similar cases at games against Morocco and Syria, respectively. Both got one-game stadium closures.

Discrimination by fans of Chile and Colombia at their home games, plus other offenses, resulted in total fines of 95,000 Swiss francs ($98,000) and 55,000 Swiss francs ($56,500), respectively.

Wha choo looking at?!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal fined $180,000 by FIFA for laser light show against Egypt

Post by YemiBrazil »

Is it me not being current or FIFA is just way more lenient nowadays? I was expecting real heavy hammer on Nigeria :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Egypt has been doing lasers for years.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YemiBrazil wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:45 pm Is it me not being current or FIFA is just way more lenient nowadays? I was expecting real heavy hammer on Nigeria :lol:
we get clout that is why
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YemiBrazil wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:45 pm Is it me not being current or FIFA is just way more lenient nowadays? I was expecting real heavy hammer on Nigeria :lol:
Why kick a man when he is down? FIFA known missing the WC is enough punishment for Nigeria! Especially on away goals rules!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!