Real 3 vahsus Man City 1 - Will Pep take City to the promised land? No he won't

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg
Re: Real 3 vahsus Man City 1 - Round 2. Will Pep take City to the promised land?

Post by MYMIND »

chopachop wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:22 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:05 pm To defeat:

PSG
CHELSEA
MAN CITY?

Wow. The next one might be the hardest ever.
To beat Liverpool and win it might be the greatest
cup run in my memory
And which teams did pool beat to reach the finals ?
That is irrelevant for the finals. Nonetheless we beat the team that beat Bayern and Juventus in the semifinals with three clear goals and have won ALL our away games throughout the tournament. You beat whom is in front of you simple. Football is not played on paper. It is 11 vs 11 on any given day and anything can happen. Expectations do not always align with reality. Show Pool some love, or at the very least, keep away the hate.Cheers
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Real 3 vahsus Man City 1 - Round 2. Will Pep take City to the promised land?

Post by danfo driver »

chopachop wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:22 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:05 pm To defeat:

PSG
CHELSEA
MAN CITY?

Wow. The next one might be the hardest ever.
To beat Liverpool and win it might be the greatest
cup run in my memory
And which teams did pool beat to reach the finals ?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You have reared your ugly head here abi? I thought you said Madrid will be beaten by City? :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Real 3 vahsus Man City 1 - Will Pep take City to the promised land? No he won't

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Real 3 vahsus Man City 1 - Will Pep take City to the promised land? No he won't

Post by Coach »

Etiquette is obsolete in the land of amandianeze. City effused the decorum and distinction of the tuxedoed dinner guest, agreeable before the A la carte and satiated by the solitary champagne flute. What need for niceties in a banquet of beasts? Where was the Pickfordian time waste? The feigned head injury? The annoyance and gadfly that stirs control to chaos?

Real are not a tried and tested Ogbuefi, triple at that, but red capped masters of the darkest arts. Who snatches defeat from the blade of the sword? Hand clasped about its keenest edge, the sword was pulled clean from their flesh, turned upon its owner and plunged deep into the chest from whence it came. Amandianeze. Manchester was warned.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:42 pm On this, I have always agreed with DD , Madrid have champion DNA . Its not over until its over when playing them.

I feel sorry for Pep , he really tried this time but he met RM.
How did Pep mess this one up, surely it can't only be down to Madrid's CL dna.
I haven't seen anyone discuss the impact of the changes made close to the end of the game.....
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

benteke wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:37 am
Siddonlook11 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:42 pm On this, I have always agreed with DD , Madrid have champion DNA . Its not over until its over when playing them.

I haven't seen anyone discuss the impact of the changes made close to the end of the game.....
Pep made changes first if i recall.. Gundogan for Debruyne which led to their goal...Bernado to Debryne's position and Gundogan to Bernado's.. They scored and he felt he had the deal sealed and removes Mahrez. ( in between Walker )

Those changes especially Walker and Mahrez weakened City. Walker had kept Vini honest but Vini also ensured he was run down .

RM then responds with Rodrygo and Camavinga. and Camavinga happened ...

For me still DNA ...
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:41 pm
benteke wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:37 am

Pep made changes first if i recall.. Gundogan for Debruyne which led to their goal...Bernado to Debryne's position and Gundogan to Bernado's.. They scored and he felt he had the deal sealed and removes Mahrez. ( in between Walker )

Those changes especially Walker and Mahrez weakened City. Walker had kept Vini honest but Vini also ensured he was run down .

RM then responds with Rodrygo and Camavinga. and Camavinga happened ...

For me still DNA ...
Nah the Rodrygo change was first which pissed me off because taking off Kross made the midfield a freeway leading to the first goal. I wanted Camavinga for Kross at that time.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!