Gareth Southgate has picked a 27-man squad for June's games with Hungary, Germany and Italy

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
seunt
Egg
Egg
Gareth Southgate has picked a 27-man squad for June's games with Hungary, Germany and Italy

Post by seunt »

England men’s senior team kick-off their new UEFA Nations League 2022 campaign with four games in June.

The Three Lions take on Hungary twice, Germany and Italy across ten days in their League A group next month.

And manager Gareth Southgate has picked a 27-strong squad to cope with the schedule which sees trips to Budapest and Munich before facing two games in Wolverhampton.

There are two new faces in the group, with Leicester City defender James Justin and West Ham United forward Jarrod Bowen linking up after impressive campaigns with their clubs.

For former Hereford United and Hull City player Bowen, it’s a first international call at any level, while James has previously been capped at MU20 and MU21 level.

Southgate and his squad will meet at St. George’s Park on Monday 30 May to begin their preparations for the games, which start with a trip to face Hungary at the Puskas Arena on Saturday 4 June.

From there, the squad move onto Munich where they will take on Germany three days later on Tuesday 7 June at the Allianz Arena.

Once back on home soil, Italy are the visitors to Molineux on Saturday 11 June, before June’s games are rounded-off when Hungary arrive at the same venue on Tuesday 14 June.

The squad

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Coady (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Marc Guéhi (Crystal Palace), Reece James (Chelsea), James Justin (Leicester City) Harry Maguire (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Ben White (Arsenal)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Conor Gallagher (Crystal Palace, loan from Chelsea), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United), Declan Rice (West Ham United), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (AS Roma), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham United), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
https://www.englandfootball.com/article ... f8acde5551
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Gareth Southgate has picked a 27-man squad for June's games with Hungary, Germany and Italy

Post by Damunk »

So Tomori and Tammy are back.
Eze and Olise not called up.....but two of their clubmates are on the list.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Gareth Southgate has picked a 27-man squad for June's games with Hungary, Germany and Italy

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:31 pm So Tomori and Tammy are back.
Eze and Olise not called up.....but two of their clubmates are on the list.
They deserve it, Eze hasn't hit his pre-injury form and I'm sure he's even behind the likes of Leicester's Maddison who also didn't make it...Imagine if they settled for *cough cough* :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

surprised no james maddison, especially after southgate said form was his stop selection criteria.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Gaddem! That is a very strong squad! All ABEG members start praying very hard o! There is an upcoming World Cup!

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Maddison peaked too late, by then, Leicester were out of everything. The last four or five games were stat packed for Jim but the many no-shows in the bleak midwinter, showed him to be more Thomas Frimpong than Tommy Shelby.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:23 pm Gaddem! That is a very strong squad! All ABEG members start praying very hard o! There is an upcoming World Cup!

Come on bruh, you know a strong squad is just a little over half the story. Especially so with England. They will strut, rant and rave to the quarter or semifinals, and then their mental brittleness when the going gets tough will show up as usual. Yes, they came too close for comfort at the last Euro 2020, but my money is that their ailment will manifest quicker in Qatar.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
seunt
Egg
Egg

Post by seunt »

Abraham and Tomori in the starting lineup tonight Vs Italy at Nations league game in Wolverhampton. They need to have solid performances.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I’m so happy for Tomori rediscovering his career in Italy. They tried to ruin him @ chelsea but he has prevailed
seunt
Egg
Egg

Post by seunt »

Tomori’s had a steady first half. Abraham on the other hand from two half chances hasn’t made Donnarumma make a save.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61773302
Last edited by seunt on Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

seunt wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:09 pm Abraham and Tomori in the starting lineup tonight Vs Italy at Nations league game in Wolverhampton. They need to have solid performances.
...was wondering why.
They play in Italy and they know the Italian players.
Dem coach sabi psychology o :thumbs: :thumbs: