Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2022-23 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2022-23 Season

Post by Sleaky72 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:07 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:02 pm Scipio what I also don’t understand is why Arteta brought on Kiwior who hasn’t played for most of the season and left on Chaka, on a yellow, who did nothing but stroll around the field and look for anyway to get sent off. Arteta has been great this season but he bottled it in a major way today
That was a headscratcher for me too. The only reason I can think for why he left Xhaka on was for his physical presence and maybe(funny as it might seem) for his leadership. Liverpool and their crowd did their best to intimidate the lads physically and mentally. Man, our lads were getting tossed around like rag dolls by Liverpool. Maybe Arteta was thinking that he needed a fighter like Xhaka in there to give courage to the rest of the lads and keep Liverpool honest physically, I don't know.
I understand the quip but if Arteta is leaving Xhaka in the game for his alleged “leadership” then it underscores even more that famous Russian proverb and shows why Arsenal have yet to make the top four since that joker Wenger brought that donkey Xhaka to the Emirates.

“An army of sheep led by a lion will defeat an army of lions led by a sheep” :idea: :idea:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Thunder wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:29 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:53 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:49 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:29 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:21 pm Had this game under our control, Anfield was quiet, and that Swiss Buffoon reared his ugly head.
Xhaka is a complete tool.
Just good for nothing.
His stupidity changed the whole momentum and rallied the Anfield crowd.
This man just need to get lost.

Liverpool are a team unlike any other who ride the energy of their crowd, and that
doorknob lit their fire … worse thing is that he contributed absolutely nothing to the cause
all game. The man needs to go.

Arteta on his end needs to learn how to use subs.
He totally mismanaged this game …
Xhaka was massively disappointing today, but on balance, I thought it was a fair result. We had chances to kill the game. They also had very good chances as well. Much credit to Ramsdale for getting us out of there with a point.

This might have been the most difficult game of the remaining 9. I would have been happy with a point before the game. I'm a bit peeved though that the ref let Liverpool (especially Konate) kick the lads around.

Now let's go get a point at the Etihad and wrap this thing up.
Chief as much as I’ve not been the biggest fan of Ramsdale cuz of his mental errors,
the two late game saves this lad made today were simply breathtaking … those two moments
are game changers if we are able to hold on to this title push.
He had no business making those saves … simply world class.
Some jokers still don’t understand the need for legs in midfield.
We were totally overwhelmed today against a mediocre Liverpool team.

Xhaka was useless, the addition of Kivor in a game like this was madness by Arteta … the real sub was for a legit fullback in KT for Zinchenko….
Agree with you on the Zinchenko sub. Again I think the ref allowed Liverpool to physically bully our lads, which played a huge role in putting them off their game. Konate looked like he wanted to injure as many Arsenal players as he could today. Xhaka should have directed his complaints to the ref instead of retaliating against what was a clear foul by Alexander Arnold.
Paul Tierney was a disgrace of a ref. Not trying to absorb Xhaka of his moment of madness, me think he was goaded into that reaction by Tierney’s non call on Konate mailing him, just moments before. PT allowed them to kick us, but called every slight touch against beloved.
Part of me thinks that Xhaka’s explosive reaction somewhat checked Liverpool’s thuggish ways. Tierney wasn’t interested in protecting Arsenal players from Liverpool’s clear strategy to push them around physically and put them off their game.

Part of me thinks that. Xhaka’s outburst might, I say might, have prevented a complete mental collapse by Arsenal’s youngins. Instilled some fight in them. Anyway it’s a disgrace how Premiership refs have looked the other way all season while Saka has been hacked to pieces.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:30 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:14 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:12 pm A lot of time-wasting and feigning injury by Arsenal...

As much as I prefer them to City we have to be honest and say the calibre of teams in the EPL has been poorer than previous seasons.
Given the ref's nonchalance towards the argy bargy by your lot, I can't say I blame them.
hmm.. you cant blame people for cheating, abi? okay o :D Cheating becomes okay, when its "us."
Hacking physically slight players to pieces is not cheating? If the ref refuses to protect you, you have to protect yourself.

I dislike Argentina with the heat of a million suns but I now(after many years of despising their diving) admire how they have mastered the art of diving and selling fouls. It makes less skilled teams very wary of fouling them so they can concentrate on their skillful football.

That’s why they are winners. They adapt the situation to their advantage, or at the very least, an even playing field.

Now someone hold me before I delete this post. Praising Argentina! Bleccch! 🤮

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:23 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:07 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:02 pm Scipio what I also don’t understand is why Arteta brought on Kiwior who hasn’t played for most of the season and left on Chaka, on a yellow, who did nothing but stroll around the field and look for anyway to get sent off. Arteta has been great this season but he bottled it in a major way today
That was a headscratcher for me too. The only reason I can think for why he left Xhaka on was for his physical presence and maybe(funny as it might seem) for his leadership. Liverpool and their crowd did their best to intimidate the lads physically and mentally. Man, our lads were getting tossed around like rag dolls by Liverpool. Maybe Arteta was thinking that he needed a fighter like Xhaka in there to give courage to the rest of the lads and keep Liverpool honest physically, I don't know.
I understand the quip but if Arteta is leaving Xhaka in the game for his alleged “leadership” then it underscores even more that famous Russian proverb and shows why Arsenal have yet to make the top four since that joker Wenger brought that donkey Xhaka to the Emirates.

“An army of sheep led by a lion will defeat an army of lions led by a sheep” :idea: :idea:
Like I responded to Thunder, with all of Xhaka’s shortcomings, it is not out of the realm of possibility that he might have been one of the factors that prevented a total mental collapse by Arsenal’s youngsters today. Sometimes you need to see someone on your team fired up and fighting fire with fire. I could very well be wrong here but I like to examine all angles.

If we had had someone like Xhaka on our SE when we played Argentina in 2018, we probably would have knocked them out of the WC. Our well behaved SE captain watched Mascherano gallivanting around the field for a good 20 minutes with his face covered in blood without complaining to the ref, forcing a pause in the game and giving us the psychological advantage.

Anyway we look forward.

Wha choo looking at?!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Chief FFS come on now you know you’re reaching my dude. No need to defend this buffoon cuz he is a serial moron and repeat offender. No need even reaching into his docket.

The clown was on his way out of the emirates after the Euros and only stayed cuz Mourinho wouldn’t even pony up 8 mill for the dud. You have to reach for an abstract term like intangibles and supposed leaderships qualities cuz nothing else he does passes the optics or eye test.

Blundering idiota that dude for real. So called leader must get eye rolls from the younger crowd he blamed for the short comings of last season.

Jamie Carraghher summed up his buffoonery here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... a-29668500
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

TAA also thanks ‘Haka for waking up the crowd.
Only a fool doesn’t understand that British football
is fueled mostly by emotion and the drive of the crowd.
Arteta pumped up the crowd one year when we were in the game at Anfield but decided to lose it with Klopp and then poked the bear.

We were dutifully dispatched after that.
Trent thanks Xhaka for waking up the crowd:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... 663783.amp
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:20 am TAA also thanks ‘Haka for waking up the crowd.
Arteta pumped up the crowd one year when we were in the game at Anfield but decided to lose it with Klopp and then poked the bear.

You don’t go by what your adversary is saying. Liverpool are hyping up the role of their crowd, as you expect them to do. It creates unity going forward for them, which they badly need as they have had a $h!t season. Doesn’t mean the crowd were that influential on the result.

I still think the main reason why we lost momentum was the ref refusing to protect Arsenal players from Liverpool’s rough play, which was designed to make our players tentative and put them off their smooth passing game.

Saka in particular has not been protected by the refs all season.

Arteta needs to start bringing up this topic in interviews.

Wha choo looking at?!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:56 am
Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:20 am TAA also thanks ‘Haka for waking up the crowd.

You don’t go by what your adversary is saying. Liverpool are hyping up the role of their crowd, as you expect them to do. It creates unity going forward for them, which they badly need as they have had a $h!t season. Doesn’t mean the crowd were that influential on the result.

I still think the main reason why we lost momentum was the ref refusing to protect Arsenal players from Liverpool’s rough play, which was designed to make our players tentative and put them off their smooth passing game.

Saka in particular has not been protected by the refs all season.

Arteta needs to start bringing up this topic in interviews.
Chief I know you’re not willing to accede to this but the facts are clear. The energy given to Liverpool when the Kop is energized is scary. It becomes a cauldron that consumes the opposition and gives energy to the guys in red.
Ask both Teams from Manchester this season what it’s like. There is a reason why Liverpool is so strong at home but struggle on the road.

They had nothin until that boorish Swiss Goon ignited the fire.

Barring the PK miss and the absolute world class saves by Rams and we are easily losing 5-2! Those are facts. Both Trent and Carragher have spoken and they know first hand what thT crowd brings so they do have authenticity and credibility my friend.

Anyway the sooner this football club sees the back of that Swiss goon the better. Just a blight on a great football club
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We'd more time to prep for this match at Anfield than the home team. Klopp said they went direct, we cannot afford to break that easy when a team goes direct. We died in the 2nd half - not acceptable!! As for Granit, he's shown us his weakness enough times.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Granit this Xhaka that ..the blame and praise is enough to go round.
Ramsdale we awesome..
Arteta yabbed took to long to make the right changes. and or tactical changes on pitch.

That I counted Xhaka took the ball of the feet of Jota (1 ) , Salah ( 2 ) and ( Jones ) in or around the box, but hey its his work abi ( remember his role has changed to attacking 8 lol ) make una dey yab am he will leave soon and we will get lakonga back.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:12 pm A lot of time-wasting and feigning injury by Arsenal...

As much as I prefer them to City we have to be honest and say the calibre of teams in the EPL has been poorer than previous seasons.
Given the ref's nonchalance towards the argy bargy by your lot, I can't say I blame them.
Arsenal players sure feigned injury a lot....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:42 pm

First of all that clip shows frighteningly dangerous play. Second of all you can't tell if there was contact or not from the clip. What in tarnation is Konate doing kicking that close to an Arsenal player's head?

Wha choo looking at?!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:50 pm

First of all that clip shows frighteningly dangerous play. Second of all you can't tell if there was contact or not from the clip. What in tarnation is Konate doing kicking that close to an Arsenal player's head?
Ibou gets the ball, it's not his fault Martinelli's head is so low. No contact is made with Martinelli's head.

He wins the ball and Martinelli feigns injury. Clear as day.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:48 am Granit this Xhaka that ..the blame and praise is enough to go round.
Ramsdale we awesome..
Arteta yabbed took to long to make the right changes. and or tactical changes on pitch.

That I counted Xhaka took the ball of the feet of Jota (1 ) , Salah ( 2 ) and ( Jones ) in or around the box, but hey its his work abi ( remember his role has changed to attacking 8 lol ) make una dey yab am he will leave soon and we will get lakonga back.
You dey mind our resident Mr know it all. He is been waiting to have a go at Xhaka .

Please give him Adama Bintu Traore and Sisi Maxima :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:57 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:50 pm

Ibou gets the ball, it's not his fault Martinelli's head is so low. No contact is made with Martinelli's head.

Yeah, he got the ball, and something else ...

Wha choo looking at?!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

“ “It sounds silly, I’m glad Xhaka did it but I’m angry with Xhaka. I’m not an Arsenal fan but if I was an Arsenal fan, what are you doing, doing that? It’s absolutely daft!

“The game’s in your hands, you get involved, even leaving the challenge, the arm, why do it? And now coming back head to head with Trent riles the crowd up.

“Absolutely idiotic from Xhaka to do that and you know what, he’s been fantastic this season in a slightly different role higher up the pitch, had a huge influence on this team. But that was going back to the old Xhaka.

“Honestly, who knows if it leads to the goal, we don’t know, but for an experienced player to do something like that in this ground, the position he found himself in.

“There was only one way Liverpool could get back into that game, and that was with the help of the terraces. That’s just a football game, Liverpool right now can’t compete with Arsenal. But with the energy in the stadium they can, and they almost lost the game.”
Jamie Carragher.

“Liverpool were asleep, 2-0 down and doing nothing to encourage any noise from their supporters.

“Then Granit Xhaka woke them up. Stupidly so. By barging into Trent Alexander-Arnold and then squaring up to him, he riled up the Anfield crowd.

“Their animosity was infectious and it brought this Liverpool team to life.

“They were suddenly fuelled by fury and emerged for the second half totally up for it — all thanks to that one moment of misjudgment from Xhaka.

“Mikel Arteta will be furious about that, I’m sure. It was totally unnecessary from Xhaka to give Liverpool a reason to stop playing so passively.”
Chris Sutton

It’s amazing how the Sissy Coward here who has no independent thoughts of her own,
but only chimes to swing her handbag at me can’t see the obvious underneath the make-up
and mascara that’s crept into her brain. Yeah keep obsessing over my comments, loser.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:21 pm

My brother, you are still defending cheating? :lol: You really are still defending cheating? I am not attacking you, but this i9s why Nigeria will NEVER be better. The truth is that most Nigerians are only outraged about wrongdoing when it is not benefitting them. FACT! Most Nigerians do not really care about fraud, theft, cheating, rigging, corruption. It only bothers them if they or their family members are not enjoying the benefit of it.

A man of integrity will stand up against wrongdoing and reject it! Even if it benefit him. He will condemn it, reject it and return the ill gotten proceeds. Nigerians will NEVER do this! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The English come of with some of the most stupid narratives in the game..

I guess all Klopp needs to do going fwd is have his players start a fight to 'wake up' the crowd/team...

Just beyond stupid...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:09 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:21 pm

My brother, you are still defending cheating? :lol: You really are still defending cheating? I am not attacking you, but this i9s why Nigeria will NEVER be better. The truth is that most Nigerians are only outraged about wrongdoing when it is not benefitting them. FACT! Most Nigerians do not really care about fraud, theft, cheating, rigging, corruption. It only bothers them if they or their family members are not enjoying the benefit of it.

A man of integrity will stand up against wrongdoing and reject it! Even if it benefit him. He will condemn it, reject it and return the ill gotten proceeds. Nigerians will NEVER do this! :oops:
Your essay about Nigerians is besides the point. If the ref refuses to do his job and protect you, you tilt the playing field back towards your favor, any way you can! If we are going to generalize about behavior, this is why the Black man was easily enslaved. He will never adapt to defend himself. He can also quote scripture better than the people that gave it to him, while remaining enslaved.

Wha choo looking at?!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:57 pm

The English come of with some of the most stupid narratives in the game..

I guess all Klopp needs to do going fwd is have his players start a fight to 'wake up' the crowd/team...

Just beyond stupid...
I guess TXJ who has never set foot on the Anfield pitch knows more about the game than the player involved in the incident and has played his whole career at Anfield :bump:
“ The England full-back responded: "I think a little bit of fire in a game like that there’s nothing wrong with it. He nudged me off the ball so it’s a natural reaction to do it back. It got the crowd going."”
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Watched the commonwealth games live in Birmingham - 2 pole vault records were broken by a British Athlete on the back of loud vocal local support - crowd support counts in sports - how much we may not be able to accurately predict - but sure it counts !!
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

GG of G wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:24 pm Watched the commonwealth games live in Birmingham - 2 pole vault records were broken by a British Athlete on the back of loud vocal local support - crowd support counts in sports - how much we may not be able to accurately predict - but sure it counts !!
You're right. Extremely passionate, loud and fanatical crowd support for Brazil at the intimidating Maracana Stadium helped Brazil to wallop Germany 7-1 at the 2014 WC semifinals. :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

:mrgreen:
Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:51 pm
GG of G wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:24 pm Watched the commonwealth games live in Birmingham - 2 pole vault records were broken by a British Athlete on the back of loud vocal local support - crowd support counts in sports - how much we may not be able to accurately predict - but sure it counts !!
You're right. Extremely passionate, loud and fanatical crowd support for Brazil at the intimidating Maracana Stadium helped Brazil to wallop Germany 7-1 at the 2014 WC semifinals. :laugh:

It’s amazing how Scipio suddenly makes the exception the rule. Lol. Next time if given an option to play a rival at home or away for a title, let’s chose either one since home field advantage means little all of a sudden :mrgreen:

Also let’s forget that little issue of Brazil being without their two best players!
:bump: