Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2022-23 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2022-23 Season

Post by cchinukw »

This is one season where I have to give props to the Kroenke's. Up to recently I have been one of thier most ardent critics mainly for thier shishi approach to running the club.

If there is one criticism, it remains thier poor judgement on the transfer market and lack of ruthlessness when it comes to moving personnel on when it becomes clear they lack the ideas to take this team to the next level.

For all the resources at Arteta's disposal this season, we reverted to old Arsenal yet again. Giving up just as we were about to wrap this up.

This is a disease. I am not sure I can blame juist the players because what this all came down to at the end of the day was a lack of squad depth when we needed it the most.

Who do you blame for that ultimately? :twisted: :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

cchinukw wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:33 am This is one season where I have to give props to the Kroenke's. Up to recently I have been one of thier most ardent critics mainly for thier shishi approach to running the club.

If there is one criticism, it remains thier poor judgement on the transfer market and lack of ruthlessness when it comes to moving personnel on when it becomes clear they lack the ideas to take this team to the next level.

For all the resources at Arteta's disposal this season, we reverted to old Arsenal yet again. Giving up just as we were about to wrap this up.

This is a disease. I am not sure I can blame juist the players because what this all came down to at the end of the day was a lack of squad depth when we needed it the most.

Who do you blame for that ultimately?
:twisted: :twisted:
ARTETA !!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:34 am This is one season where I have to give props to the Kroenke's. Up to recently I have been one of thier most ardent critics mainly for thier shishi approach to running the club.

Chinwuruwuru, ke du ko i? I see you have become docile. Bottling no good o! :woot: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Anyone watching the lifting of the trophy ceremony?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:43 pm
cchinukw wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:34 am This is one season where I have to give props to the Kroenke's. Up to recently I have been one of thier most ardent critics mainly for thier shishi approach to running the club.

Chinwuruwuru, ke du ko i? I see you have become docile. Bottling no good o! :woot: :rotf:
My broda, I am not convinced jor. Na CL man go chop?

We need a coaching overhaul. Thanks to Arteta and all. I can't see what wlse he can bring to the table next season apart from more of the same.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:42 pm Anyone watching the lifting of the trophy ceremony?
Make dem carry go :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:24 pm

We need a coaching overhaul. Thanks to Arteta and all. I can't see what wlse he can bring to the table next season apart from more of the same.
I have 2 questions for you:

1. Which other coach would have finished first with your team this season?

2.Do you think the team bottling it last season AND this season is due to Arteta? or the Squad?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:???:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Imagine getting this guy for 14 million and then selling a less talented player for 50 million. City na helele :clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:12 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:36 pm
azuka wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:00 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:42 pm Hi Azuka, who is better Julian Alvarez or Gabby Jesus? :D
It's a matter of choice. I will still choose Gabby over Alvarez. This is not to belittle Alvarez. He played well today. But for overall play and contribution to team play, Gabby is my choice for a team like Arsenal.

But for a team like Man City, Alvarez might be a good choice.

Thats fine as long as Arsenal fans like you and I will not start to curse him out when he scores no goals :rotf: :rotf: Like we did to Laca and Auba . Because that hustle without goal will elicit grumbling.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Second half of season go sweet o! :D
Siddonlook, second half of the season sweet? abi e no sweet? :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:42 pm Hi Azuka, who is better Julian Alvarez or Gabby Jesus? :D
It's a matter of choice. I will still choose Gabby over Alvarez. This is not to belittle Alvarez. He played well today. But for overall play and contribution to team play, Gabby is my choice for a team like Arsenal.

Nnai Diokpa Emelike Danson Chukwumerije Azuzu, Ke du ko di?

Will you still choose "Gabby" over Alvarez?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

danfo driver wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:50 pm

Given how Arteta want's his team to play, Yes. Arteta does not play the point man. Which is exactly why Arteta will sell Balogun rather than give him a good run in the team next season. Even it took a while for Pep to adapt his team's play to the strengths of Haaland as a point man.

Not a bad idea though to have him in the team.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

danfo driver wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:04 pm

2.Do you think the team bottling it last season AND this season is due to Arteta? or the Squad?
The bold is interesting given many times here, i have raised the fact that Arteta is suspect when it comes to building a team. A team is not only the XI. We all saw what he won with a team he met on ground but since then we have been chasing shadows and on a never ending team rebuilding.
Then there's the issue of man management. Like Sleaky said, "Arteta is learning on the job" at Arsenal cost.

On question #1, I will rather say there are many coaches out there who will build a deeper squad with the resources and support Arteta has gotten. I will also add that there are many coaches out there who having been first for over 90% of the season will never let that chance slip the way it did. It's all about coasting home which Arteta couldn't fathom.

Question #2. It is Arteta's fault. He built the squad so he's wholly responsible. Immediately Saliba got injured he should have changed to a backline of 3 to cushion the effect. Most especially in the match against Man City. Going gung-ho and trying to play toe-to-toe with Pep in a style Pep developed tells you all you need to know.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I’m wondering what the Current Hale End youngsters will be thinking about their future under Arteta.
Arsenal may have one of the youngest teams and is built around youth, but none of those young Guns
were given their debuts and chance to break in under Arteta.

Smith-Rowe and Saka are Emery discoveries, even Willock … Martinelli is not a Hale End product but Emery gave him his shot … this upcoming season will be extremely interesting.
Big rumors the club may lose Nwaneri and Patino (hope not true).
The longer the Saliba contract extension takes the more foreboding it is.
Considering how we collapsed defensively when he got hurt his agent must be rubbing his hands.
He will demand at the minimum the crazy wages allegedly being paid to his former teammate Fofana.
It’s a big summer for Arsenal to say the least.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Saka has extended his contract.
Why am I not too enthused.
Again I’d seriously see what’s out there for him.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:23 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:50 pm

Given how Arteta want's his team to play, Yes. Arteta does not play the point man. Which is exactly why Arteta will sell Balogun rather than give him a good run in the team next season. Even it took a while for Pep to adapt his team's play to the strengths of Haaland as a point man.

Not a bad idea though to have him in the team.
Nnai Diokpa Robinson Emelike Agwuruchuwumekpoli Azuzu,

Me, I no understand your answer o! So you choose Gabby? "because Artenta does not play the 'point' man?' Knowing full well that Alvarez is NOT a point man? :D

Nnai, you stubborn well well sha. Thats why I told you the story of Igwe Kolington. You remember the story, or make I tell you again? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:38 pm

The bold is interesting given many times here, i have raised the fact that Arteta is suspect when it comes to building a team. A team is not only the XI. We all saw what he won with a team he met on ground but since then we have been chasing shadows and on a never ending team rebuilding.
Then there's the issue of man management. Like Sleaky said, "Arteta is learning on the job" at Arsenal cost.

On question #1, I will rather say there are many coaches out there who will build a deeper squad with the resources and support Arteta has gotten. I will also add that there are many coaches out there who having been first for over 90% of the season will never let that chance slip the way it did. It's all about coasting home which Arteta couldn't fathom.

Question #2. It is Arteta's fault. He built the squad so he's wholly responsible. Immediately Saliba got injured he should have changed to a backline of 3 to cushion the effect. Most especially in the match against Man City. Going gung-ho and trying to play toe-to-toe with Pep in a style Pep developed tells you all you need to know.
Arteta did a fantastic job! I think its unfair to say "there are many coaches out there." In reality, there arent. Look at the Spalleti many people are twerking for today. He would have lost the title if Napoli did not have 18 points gap. Let that sink in! The same way he bottled it last year, he would have bottled it again, if they hadnt put up that 18 point gap and their closest rival is a cap Lazio.

That said, where I agree with you is that Arteta has to start working hard now not to be a loser. He bottled top 4 last year and now he has bottled the league. There are many coaches like that - they cant handle pressure (squeaky bum time) and they collapse when the pressure is on. He has to be careful not to fall into that category of the likes of Rodgers and Spalletone.
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Very well said. I will only stress that the squad is "small" by the manager's design. Arteta chose to have the squad size that he has. All the so called "dead wood" that are rotting on the bench or on loan, he either bought them or gave them new contract. If he doesn't trust them or choses not to use them for any reason, that is his fault so we cannot find excuse for him on the "size of the squad".
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:55 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Very well said. I will only stress that the squad is "small" by the manager's design. Arteta chose to have the squad size that he has. All the so called "dead wood" that are rotting on the bench or on loan, he either bought them or gave them new contract. If he doesn't trust them or choses not to use them for any reason, that is his fault so we cannot find excuse for him on the "size of the squad".
It is sad really.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Arteta's three at the back escapades served what purpose last season? On paper, perfect sense, in effect, do we have the players, evidence based answers only.

The garrulous gadfly has run itself dry of flippity floppity with little else to spout but commonsense. Bias and partiality aside, Julian Alvarez is a tremendous talent and absolutely an upgrade on Gabriel Jesus, who himself is a decent centre-forward.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ARSENAL FANS ARE IDIOTS!