Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2022-23 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2022-23 Season

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cito wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:20 pm Arsenal is the better team here. Silly errors here and there did them in.
Cito the bloody **** you are so clueless and delusional. We all have cable or streaming devices. We all watched the match. Stop being a liar
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Big gamble by Arteta, all in far too early, paid the price.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:30 pm
Cito wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:20 pm Arsenal is the better team here. Silly errors here and there did them in.
I disagree. Arsenal performed very very well, but if you look into this game tactically, it was a huge tactical beatdown from Ten Hag. every facet of the game was influenced by what he wanted. You guys played into his hands. United was the better team. Forget the pressing you guys were doing... look at United's last 3 games and you will see what Ten Hag is doing-- he literally has done the same thing in the last 4 games.
I dont know about tactics and I would not pretend that I do. Lakonga advanced into Man U half and made a cute [he was trying to initiate an attack ] pass ( not under pressure in any way ) and it went to Dalot.

The issue with that cute pass was all his team mates where in attack mode he needed a sure pass if he had none he should have gone back ..he decided he could better Odegaard and 4 passes after that the ball was in our net. 4 passes. Dalot - Eriksen- Fernandes - Rashford.

Funny thing ..he starts to jog and makes no apparent attempt to rectify his error meanwhile he is the DM. He is young and hopefully learn from this .But knowing Arteta ..he makes this mistake one more time this season and Zinchenko takes his position full time.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Coach wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:49 pm Big gamble by Arteta, all in far too early, paid the price.
Today I think he gassed on the starting team.

Thierney and Zinchenko should have started and he should have benched Lakonga.

Zinchenko should have played in the position Lakonga played today.

Vierra for the few minutes I saw should have started as Ode was not fit ...he should have planned to bring Ode in the second half .

Martinelli needs to learn how to play 1 -2 passes he takes way too many touches and does not look up.

Saka hopefully will sign a new contract and settle down after his goal.

...Socrates
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:49 pm Big gamble by Arteta, all in far too early, paid the price.

Plus lack of security around the ball against a team that lived for the counter...

In fairness I can understand his boldness. United is a team built to crouch but without right players or mentality, as in comfort without the ball as you see with Spurs for instance.. But they have quality when the ball turns over and that's what Ten Haag's building on..

But was quite surprised he went with Lokonga as opposed Zinchenko and Tierny on that left.

Especially surprised by the lack of decisiveness in final third...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Midfield was all mess and not the faintest bit Etonian. Erikssen stunt-doubled as an Old School Xabi Alonso, spraying passes, launching quick counters. Not sure how this evaded the attentions of Arteta or those entrusted to guard the boiler room. Couldn't agree more, regarding United's assembly to counter and Beloved's head rushing all but assured any breach of the midfield offered direct route to goal. Not the best innings from Arteta.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:58 pm
Today I think he gassed on the starting team.

Thierney and Zinchenko should have started and he should have benched Lakonga.

Zinchenko should have played in the position Lakonga played today.

Vierra for the few minutes I saw should have started as Ode was not fit ...he should have planned to bring Ode in the second half .

Martinelli needs to learn how to play 1 -2 passes he takes way too many touches and does not look up.

Saka hopefully will sign a new contract and settle down after his goal.
+1. If I see him try to take that ball all the way to that left touchline again ehn ...

Man U played effective football today. It was like watching the typical African :mrgreen: team against the big boys at the WC.

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:51 pm
I disagree. Arsenal performed very very well, but if you look into this game tactically, it was a huge tactical beatdown from Ten Hag. every facet of the game was influenced by what he wanted. You guys played into his hands. United was the better team. Forget the pressing you guys were doing... look at United's last 3 games and you will see what Ten Hag is doing-- he literally has done the same thing in the last 4 games.
I dont know about tactics and I would not pretend that I do. Lakonga advanced into Man U half and made a cute [he was trying to initiate an attack ] pass ( not under pressure in any way ) and it went to Dalot.

The issue with that cute pass was all his team mates where in attack mode he needed a sure pass if he had none he should have gone back ..he decided he could better Odegaard and 4 passes after that the ball was in our net. 4 passes. Dalot - Eriksen- Fernandes - Rashford.

Funny thing ..he starts to jog and makes no apparent attempt to rectify his error meanwhile he is the DM. He is young and hopefully learn from this .But knowing Arteta ..he makes this mistake one more time this season and Zinchenko takes his position full time.
Interesting thing about football is that while we watch games as a "fluid 90 minutes," games are actually broken down into phases and strategic positions.

Statistical data was collected recently (they do it regularly) and more than 70% of goals scored in football is scored through set pieces. Thats why coaches practice set pieces.

In that same study, it was gathered that a large number of of the remaining 30% of goals scored (with ball in play), is scored against a team, when that team makes a mistake and turnover the ball. Thats why in training, they actually practice positioning when your opponent is with the ball. Watch United's forward players when your team committed the error. Those goals were not by mistake or by luck! Watch their position! That sh1t was scripted. :lol: The next two games you watch, please do this assignment, rather than watch the team with the ball, watch the defending team... watch the position of their players and their reaction/direction of their runs once the team with the ball loses the ball.

Ten Hag's tactics today was exactly how he played their last 3 match. In fact, go back to their last 3 matches and you will see the phases of each game were identical. Even his subs, in order to implement his strategy per phase was identical.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

The team with veterans looked calm - we played at times like a team full of kids. We need some more veterans. I agree with those who called for a M/F of Zinchenko & Xhaka
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:35 pm The team with veterans looked calm - we played at times like a team full of kids. We need some more veterans. I agree with those who called for a M/F of Zinchenko & Xhaka
Just imagine these veterans, looking calm!

Dalot
Malacia
Martinez
McTominay
Rashford
Anthony
Sancho

Keep making excuses, rather than accept that the better team won because they were better.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Just imagine being Marcus Rashford's b1tchh
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:36 pm Just imagine being Marcus Rashford's b1tchh
and they spent 50 million on him .. what a pathetic football club :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Arsenal played an attack heavy football, while ManU's counters was well executed.
End of story.
Saka and Xhaka were not too impressive today, especially when thing got hot.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

assanal tried using elephant offside trap alas ghana in 2006 WC vs Brazil... instead Rashford yeye dem no be small.. easy fixtures really deluded these spammers no be small. First major challenge and they choked big time.....where is that pathetic kajifu?
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

levels .. see teams wey them beat come no let person hear word .. first major test and them chop 3..I wonder if them go play YNWA before them jam pool in october

Arsenal
Aston Villa
FT
Saturday 27th August
PREMIER LEAGUE
Arsenal
Fulham
FT
Saturday 20th August
PREMIER LEAGUE
AFC Bournemouth
Arsenal
FT
Saturday 13th August
PREMIER LEAGUE
Arsenal
Leicester City
FT
Friday 5th August
PREMIER LEAGUE
Crystal Palace
Arsenal
SuperEagles

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

So the ref watches that from 2 yards away in real time, sees a lack of contact and then after VAR watches it in slow motion, gets in his ear and pressures him to overturn it. It’s so embarrassing.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ojafranpa wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:09 pm So the ref watches that from 2 yards away in real time, sees a lack of contact and then after VAR watches it in slow motion, gets in his ear and pressures him to overturn it. It’s so embarrassing.
Oja-Fry-Pan-Head. How are you today? This weekend rough small? :D
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:39 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:51 pm

Interesting thing about football is that while we watch games as a "fluid 90 minutes," games are actually broken down into phases and strategic positions.

Statistical data was collected recently (they do it regularly) and more than 70% of goals scored in football is scored through set pieces. Thats why coaches practice set pieces.

In that same study, it was gathered that a large number of of the remaining 30% of goals scored (with ball in play), is scored against a team, when that team makes a mistake and turnover the ball. Thats why in training, they actually practice positioning when your opponent is with the ball. Watch United's forward players when your team committed the error. Those goals were not by mistake or by luck! Watch their position! That sh1t was scripted. :lol: The next two games you watch, please do this assignment, rather than watch the team with the ball, watch the defending team... watch the position of their players and their reaction/direction of their runs once the team with the ball loses the ball.

Ten Hag's tactics today was exactly how he played their last 3 match. In fact, go back to their last 3 matches and you will see the phases of each game were identical. Even his subs, in order to implement his strategy per phase was identical.
I seriously doubt this is the case. Can you provide the reference? I think you are mixing it up, 30% scored from set pieces and 70% from open play. We might not have statistics but we all watch football. 7 out of 10 goals do not come from set pieces.

Beside that your analysis of ten Haag's set up is spot on. None of the goals were by mistake and it is exactly the movements we saw in the previous 3 games. Even the subs continued the same pattern of attacking play (Fred, Ronaldo).

Do you find it interesting that ten Haag is not willing to play with attacking/overlapping FB's? This is unlike most modern coaches.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Nuno Tavares: “At Arsenal, I do not know if it was a problem of competition with Kieran Tierney, but for me, that’s not even the point”

.“I came to Marseille to finally be able to play in my position. When signing with OM, I wanted to have an option to buy, but Arsenal refused.

With my agents, we always wanted this purchase option, but Arsenal didn’t.“Now I’m at OM, and with or without an option, I’m happy. At Arsenal, I would have probably only played in the cup.“

“I came to Marseille to play in my position, in the Champions League, in the league and in the cup [competition]. Marseille gave me this opportunity.”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

good news, saka will soon leave the sinking ship .. I hear a club from Manchester is lurking :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Yes we lost to Man U, but IMHO i think this is our best match so far.

The team could have wrapped up the game long before Man U woke. Yes we had those chances most glaring being the misses by my boy Saliba and MO. That said, Arteta's tactics cost us the match.

I believe i have discussed the way our twin midfielders play. In this match Xhaka and Lokonga. Note Xhaka position when Lokonga lost the ball. With a Lokonga with the ball, one one have expecte Xhaka to be behind him protecting cover. But no, he was virtually up there with our attackers. This is the way Arteta love to play so it's not Xhaka's fault. Neither is it Lokonga's for losing the ball. Players loose ball often.

Our lack of a standing natural DM to protect our 2 center backs is going to cost us matches. This is what Man U coach exploited to win this match. And trust me other coaches will explore this too.

But then kudos to the team for standing up when faced with proper opposition. :clap: :clap: The future is bright.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

azuka wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:48 am Yes we lost to Man U, but IMHO i think this is our best match so far.

The team could have wrapped up the game long before Man U woke. Yes we had those chances most glaring being the misses by my boy Saliba and MO. That said, Arteta's tactics cost us the match.

I believe i have discussed the way our twin midfielders play. In this match Xhaka and Lokonga. Note Xhaka position when Lokonga lost the ball. With a Lokonga with the ball, one one have expecte Xhaka to be behind him protecting cover. But no, he was virtually up there with our attackers. This is the way Arteta love to play so it's not Xhaka's fault. Neither is it Lokonga's for losing the ball. Players loose ball often.

Our lack of a standing natural DM to protect our 2 center backs is going to cost us matches. This is what Man U coach exploited to win this match. And trust me other coaches will explore this too.

But then kudos to the team for standing up when faced with proper opposition. :clap: :clap: The future is bright.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: storyyyyyyyyyyyyy ..FACT nah 3-1
SuperEagles

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

azuka wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:48 am Yes we lost to Man U, but IMHO i think this is our best match so far.

Azuka - I did what DD suggested and watched goals Man u scored in there last 3 games ( our inclusive ) and as much as I dont like to make DD gloat he was right. Man U has been scored the same way in all 3 games. Which means Arteta was properly out-coached or believed his tactics was better or both as they are not mutually exclusive.

I dont think Arteta wanted Lakonga to be that far forward, I think thats a Lakonga thing watch that game again and note how many times Gabriel called to Lakonga to come back and get ball when we were starting play from the back , I lost stopped counting from 4 times. The boy is not disciplined yet i think he forgets himself . Before El Neny got injured watch his play - he goes forward but retreats after he passes the ball or we lose the ball.

A few posts up I mentioned how Lakonga jogged back after that wayward pass. The thing that was annoying was we did not need to push forward . We just needed to maintain position to win or draw the game , thats why it seemed we played better because Man U was allowing us to play and wait to hit us on the counter . We needed to make that possession pay and we did not.

Anyway to the next game - anyone that sits back and play 5 -8 people behind the ball always will give Arteta problems. He needs to adapt.

...Socrates