Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2022-23 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2022-23 Season

Post by Scipio Africanus »

And it is 2!!!!!!!!!! Odegaard again!!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Capitan makes it 2
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Ben White..what a terrible attempt
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Saka is done, needs to be subbed.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Guedes did Saliba something wrong right there.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Cito wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:26 pm Saka is done, needs to be subbed.
The guy is exhausted..was before the game even started. Hope he gets some rest at the WC
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Ref! I no tell you make you blow whistle?!

Wha choo looking at?!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Arteta's time wasting substitute LOL!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Arsenal was on top of the league at Christmas since when??????????????
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Top of the league! Oya rest up lads...Make i go call my Chelsea friends..im sure they wont answer me (like theyve been doing all season) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Undertaker wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:41 pm Arsenal was on top of the league at Christmas since when??????????????
Undie!!!! Omo make we buy ticket go watch the Gunners in the new year na. :D
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cito wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:51 pm To do what exactly? :roll:
ojafranpa wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:37 pm Nketiah should have come in for Xhaka.
No mind my guy he hate Arsenal,only someone who hate Arsenal will suggest that nonsense.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

January is going to be mega busy not just by what the EPL will be doing. Wit teams like Juve & Barca in the pits - expect aggressive of players. We will need several impact players.
At the central striker spot, Nketiah is a 3rd option.
It's rumoured ManU are after Victor Osimhen but with Napoli leading Serie A, i don't see that happening in January - i truly believe the kid suits our team. He's a real impact player.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

100%Naija wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:43 pm
Undertaker wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:41 pm Arsenal was on top of the league at Christmas since when??????????????
Undie!!!! Omo make we buy ticket go watch the Gunners in the new year na. :D
I was there a few weeks ago to watch Arsenal vs. Liverpool 3-2 FT. I may go back to watch Arsenal vs. Man City!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

tolahs wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:03 pm January is going to be mega busy not just by what the EPL will be doing. Wit teams like Juve & Barca in the pits - expect aggressive of players. We will need several impact players.
At the central striker spot, Nketiah is a 3rd option.
It's rumoured ManU are after Victor Osimhen but with Napoli leading Serie A, i don't see that happening in January - i truly believe the kid suits our team. He's a real impact player.

Vic will end up in RM he should wait for Benzema to chill sha
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:04 am
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:43 pm I’m praying that Jesus doesn’t become a younger and faster version of Alex Lacazette.
Needs a run of goals so bad because he is really struggling. Hope he rediscovers his touch @ Stamford bridge
Even without scoring he's what Arsenal needs. Goals to me is a bonus. His overall play and especially movement within opponents 18 yard creates numerous chances.
Nothing exemplifies your post more that our first goal against Wolves. The stats will say Odegaard goal, and Vieira, Assist. But the person responsible for the goal was Jesus, without his play, there simply won't be the goal.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:10 am
Sleaky72 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:14 am
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:43 pm I’m praying that Jesus doesn’t become a younger and faster version of Alex Lacazette.
Needs a run of goals so bad because he is really struggling. Hope he rediscovers his touch @ Stamford bridge
Even without scoring he's what Arsenal needs. Goals to me is a bonus. His overall play and especially movement within opponents 18 yard creates numerous chances.
That’s what they used to say about LACAZETTE.
While I appreciate the other things about his game he needs
to put the ball in the net.
End of.
Both are as different as nice and day. Have you noticed how the front line plays when Jesus plays to form? The team is simply unstoppable.
Yep. Yesterday, we played two number 8s away from home. But it took Jesus, to open it up for the two numbers 8s to combine for the crucial first goal. Jesus movement and overall play against Chelsea was the master key.

Vieira struggled to understand his role, but half time made all the difference the team needed. He improved as he timed his runs into dangerous areas better. Still needs a lot of work cos he missed pre season, and the season before was his first as a first team player, but the talent is there. He has serious quality with the final ball.

Smith Rowe will be back after the WC, it will give Vieira much needed gym time.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cito wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:44 am He is a professional footballer whose main job is to score goals. He is not doing that at the moment. He is trying but the missed chances are just bad.

If I employ you, during evaluation I will evaluate you on the scope of your work. That you were a nice guy won’t get you more brownie points if your were not good at your job.

Pressure to do what you were hired to do is part and parcel of the job.

azuka wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:11 am
Cito wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:16 am The misses are just getting bad. He needs to add more goals to his overall play.

The goals he missed today were quite bad.

The tight games needs all hands on deck and those kind of misses could be the difference when all is said and done.
You guys should not ply pressure on him. Do you prefer him being selfish and scoring one or two goals or creating 5 chances out of which all are scored?
With time, he will come back to his scoring self. Every striker goes through this period of lull.
If his not scoring goals is as important as you make out, he will not be in the team. Yes, we need goals from him, but given the role he plays in that attack line, he is key to the Arsenal system both in defence and attack.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:21 am
100%Naija wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:45 pm When Roman Amuobi Abromehia was giving out blank checks...Chelsea were beating their chest, acting all high and mighty...taaaaaa enjoy this moment too. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Roman Amuobi Abromehia! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kai!!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Welcome Waffiman. Missed all those your multi colored posts. See what a good run can do. Waffiman no longer busy.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2022-23 Season

Post by Waffiman »

Arsenal have scored 32 goals in the Premier League this season. Only Man City (40) have more.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:58 am Welcome Waffiman. Missed all those your multi colored posts. See what a good run can do. Waffiman no longer busy.
My dear man, nice to read your post. :thumb:

I have been around. Just post very little when compared to before.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

At a point if the drought continues, it will affect Arsenal’s play sooner than later. You will notice other players try to force balls to him to get him a goal. This margin of deviation from game plan may be the difference between 0 and 3 points.

Don’t get me wrong I love the guys hustle but he should be putting some of those misses away.

In the first 5 games, he scored and his positioning and defensive duties were different. one could say less dropping too deep compared to the last 5+ games.

One may need to analyze that as it may be the reason for the drop off in goals. Maybe he is arriving late to the 18 and thus more tired to score. I don’t know but the shift in his duties, though helping the team but is it for the best?

He is ranked 4th in expected goals based on chances but he is 14th on goals scored.

In short the man needs a goal before it costs the team.
Waffiman wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:34 am
Cito wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:44 am He is a professional footballer whose main job is to score goals. He is not doing that at the moment. He is trying but the missed chances are just bad.

If I employ you, during evaluation I will evaluate you on the scope of your work. That you were a nice guy won’t get you more brownie points if your were not good at your job.

Pressure to do what you were hired to do is part and parcel of the job.

azuka wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:11 am
Cito wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:16 am The misses are just getting bad. He needs to add more goals to his overall play.

The goals he missed today were quite bad.

The tight games needs all hands on deck and those kind of misses could be the difference when all is said and done.
You guys should not ply pressure on him. Do you prefer him being selfish and scoring one or two goals or creating 5 chances out of which all are scored?
With time, he will come back to his scoring self. Every striker goes through this period of lull.
If his not scoring goals is as important as you make out, he will not be in the team. Yes, we need goals from him, but given the role he plays in that attack line, he is key to the Arsenal system both in defence and attack.