Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2022-23 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:47 am
azuka wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:48 am Yes we lost to Man U, but IMHO i think this is our best match so far.

The team could have wrapped up the game long before Man U woke. Yes we had those chances most glaring being the misses by my boy Saliba and MO. That said, Arteta's tactics cost us the match.

I believe i have discussed the way our twin midfielders play. In this match Xhaka and Lokonga. Note Xhaka position when Lokonga lost the ball. With a Lokonga with the ball, one one have expecte Xhaka to be behind him protecting cover. But no, he was virtually up there with our attackers. This is the way Arteta love to play so it's not Xhaka's fault. Neither is it Lokonga's for losing the ball. Players loose ball often.

Our lack of a standing natural DM to protect our 2 center backs is going to cost us matches. This is what Man U coach exploited to win this match. And trust me other coaches will explore this too.

But then kudos to the team for standing up when faced with proper opposition. :clap: :clap: The future is bright.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: storyyyyyyyyyyyyy ..FACT nah 3-1
And we still top of the league. Yeah. Top. Let that sink in.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:08 am
azuka wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:48 am Yes we lost to Man U, but IMHO i think this is our best match so far.

The team could have wrapped up the game long before Man U woke. Yes we had those chances most glaring being the misses by my boy Saliba and MO. That said, Arteta's tactics cost us the match.

I believe i have discussed the way our twin midfielders play. In this match Xhaka and Lokonga. Note Xhaka position when Lokonga lost the ball. With a Lokonga with the ball, one one have expecte Xhaka to be behind him protecting cover. But no, he was virtually up there with our attackers. This is the way Arteta love to play so it's not Xhaka's fault. Neither is it Lokonga's for losing the ball. Players loose ball often.

Our lack of a standing natural DM to protect our 2 center backs is going to cost us matches. This is what Man U coach exploited to win this match. And trust me other coaches will explore this too.

But then kudos to the team for standing up when faced with proper opposition. :clap: :clap: The future is bright.

Azuka - I did what DD suggested and watched goals Man u scored in there last 3 games ( our inclusive ) and as much as I dont like to make DD gloat he was right. Man U has been scored the same way in all 3 games. Which means Arteta was properly out-coached or believed his tactics was better or both as they are not mutually exclusive.

I dont think Arteta wanted Lakonga to be that far forward, I think thats a Lakonga thing watch that game again and note how many times Gabriel called to Lakonga to come back and get ball when we were starting play from the back , I lost stopped counting from 4 times. The boy is not disciplined yet i think he forgets himself . Before El Neny got injured watch his play - he goes forward but retreats after he passes the ball or we lose the ball.

A few posts up I mentioned how Lakonga jogged back after that wayward pass. The thing that was annoying was we did not need to push forward . We just needed to maintain position to win or draw the game , thats why it seemed we played better because Man U was allowing us to play and wait to hit us on the counter . We needed to make that possession pay and we did not.

Anyway to the next game - anyone that sits back and play 5 -8 people behind the ball always will give Arteta problems. He needs to adapt.
Yeah I agree with you that Lokonga likes to go forward. But i ask you to watch games where Xhaka pairs Partey and you see this same situation hapening where both pair are not there in front of the central defenders to protect them. When i raised the issue a few weeks back Sleaky said that maybe Arteta likes to overload the flanks.
My point being that if Xhaka has retreated back to protect the CBs, that through pass that caught the CDs flat footed would not have gone through.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:20 am

Azuka - I did what DD suggested and watched goals Man u scored in there last 3 games ( our inclusive ) and as much as I dont like to make DD gloat he was right. Man U has been scored the same way in all 3 games. Which means Arteta was properly out-coached or believed his tactics was better or both as they are not mutually exclusive.

I dont think Arteta wanted Lakonga to be that far forward, I think thats a Lakonga thing watch that game again and note how many times Gabriel called to Lakonga to come back and get ball when we were starting play from the back , I lost stopped counting from 4 times. The boy is not disciplined yet i think he forgets himself . Before El Neny got injured watch his play - he goes forward but retreats after he passes the ball or we lose the ball.

A few posts up I mentioned how Lakonga jogged back after that wayward pass. The thing that was annoying was we did not need to push forward . We just needed to maintain position to win or draw the game , thats why it seemed we played better because Man U was allowing us to play and wait to hit us on the counter . We needed to make that possession pay and we did not.

Anyway to the next game - anyone that sits back and play 5 -8 people behind the ball always will give Arteta problems. He needs to adapt.
Yeah I agree with you that Lokonga likes to go forward. But i ask you to watch games where Xhaka pairs Partey and you see this same situation hapening where both pair are not there in front of the central defenders to protect them. When i raised the issue a few weeks back Sleaky said that maybe Arteta likes to overload the flanks.
My point being that if Xhaka has retreated back to protect the CBs, that through pass that caught the CDs flat footed would not have gone through.
I don’t blame Sambi for the second and third goals.
But rather our central defenders and the goalie.
Any true student of the game needs to read the game
and make split second decisions.

Seeing that there was no pressure on the ball.
Our defensive unit needed to step up as a unit and place the ball receiver off sides or drop back and anticipate the through ball.

Also look where Ramsdale’s starting point was.
I’m sorry give me EMI any day of the week.
That dude is so erratic and lacking in his judgement … look at how he literally, by poor positioning, handed Antony a bigger and easier target to aim for on the first goal. Ya know a lot of people questioned signing … those reasons have been validated since the middle of last season … dude leaves so much to be desired.

Martinez coughed up a shot from Xhaka that led to the first goal vs Villa but look at his dominance on crosses and several world class saves he made plus his assurance on the ball.

Arteta farked up letting that dude go and is still yet to replace the assurance he gave the back four. It was literally the beginning of the divide for Arteta.

Still can’t believe we lost to those second class hacks from Manchester. They are a subpar lot and will be found out soon enough
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2022-23 Season

Post by Sleaky72 »

Again let someone tell me why we didn’t sign Bissouma. He would have been huge for us on Sunday
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

azuka wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:13 am

after 6 games , you are boasting top of the league ok oooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:25 am

You have to take it easy with Diokpa Azuzu, like Igwe Kolintus he is a very stubborn man -- you can read more about Igwe Kolintus here:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=301490&p=5635173&h ... o#p5635173

Diokpa Nnai Emelike Azuzu is a man known for his stubborness and raised shoulders. Even after his shoulders have been beating down multiple times, he stands up and raises them again. He is well known around the Nneamaechi Azulu community, just beside the river bank... 5 kilometers from Orlu. Please take it easy with Diokpa.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:51 pm My fellow Arsenal brothers. I am here reading and enjoying the posts. Our start will not last but I am enjoying it for now. Unlike one or two, who like to pick on individual players, I have no complaints about any player.
Anyone notice that Arsenal was winning every single game, right from pre-season. And as soon as Waffiman showed up to twerk, he brought bad luck and you guys lost? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You want to qualify for CL? You know what to do!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:54 pm
Waffiman wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:51 pm My fellow Arsenal brothers. I am here reading and enjoying the posts. Our start will not last but I am enjoying it for now. Unlike one or two, who like to pick on individual players, I have no complaints about any player.
Anyone notice that Arsenal was winning every single game, right from pre-season. And as soon as Waffiman showed up to twerk, he brought bad luck and you guys lost? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, the bobo nah jinx oooo
SuperEagles

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:50 pm

You have to take it easy with Diokpa Azuzu, like Igwe Kolintus he is a very stubborn man -- you can read more about Igwe Kolintus here:

Diokpa Nnai Emelike Azuzu is a man known for his stubborness and raised shoulders. Even after his shoulders have been beating down multiple times, he stands up and raises them again. He is well known around the Nneamaechi Azulu community, just beside the river bank... 5 kilometers from Orlu. Please take it easy with Diokpa.
You always yearn offpoint. :taunt: :taunt:
Unfortunately I am not from the area you mentioned.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

:lol: :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

azuka wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:24 pm

so tell us your area then?
SuperEagles

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

azuka wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:20 am

Azuka,

Partey or Xhaka will not progress or dribble the ball to the left hand channel where you have Zinchenko and Martinelli positioned. You are the number 6 in the team the base of the midfield you went on a crazy dribble run you can not give the ball away in that midfield area. He has done it before and he will keep doing it until the coaching staff correct that part of his game. Maybe they need him to go on loan to Serie A where he can develop that part of his game. Boy is a massive talent though.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Azuka - I did what DD suggested and watched goals Man u scored in there last 3 games ( our inclusive ) and as much as I dont like to make DD gloat he was right.
I wont gloat. :D All I will say is that one day, I will quit my job and go into my calling -- coaching. Just imagine me, strutting the touchline... dishing out instructions to the Super Eagles at the World Cup semi-finals? Abi how you see am? :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:24 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Diokpa! I didnt say you are from that area o. I said that you are well known 5 kilometers from that area. Why are you well known in an area where you arent from? hmmm.. no be my mouth you go hear sey Oba wife no wear pant! :woot: :tic:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assanal fans no go let us hear word oo, they've been shouting they are going for the quadripple. Am I missing something here?
SuperEagles

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:07 am Assanal fans no go let us hear word oo, they've been shouting they are going for the quadripple. Am I missing something here?
Falana go back to Chel$$#% thread. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:54 pm

Please i have done all ypou ask,i wanted to also ask you to make the league table remain same,i know your hands are tied but you can do it for Kajifu.I remain loyal
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ojafranpa wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:34 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:07 am Assanal fans no go let us hear word oo, they've been shouting they are going for the quadripple. Am I missing something here?
Why are you guys reply to his post,he is all over our beloved thread more than Chelsea thread.Ignore him and he will be silent
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kajifu wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:18 pm
ojafranpa wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:34 pm
Why are you guys reply to his post,he is all over our beloved thread more than Chelsea thread.Ignore him and he will be silent
the audacity of you kajifu . You will suffer this season..mark my words
SuperEagles

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

BigPokey, why una club dey sack manager average of a season and a few months.

Also Tuchel leaving with £13m severance.

Na wah o. What an anyhow club.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Trevor Sinclair just put his broadcasting career in the microwave. There is always a time and place.
Let those in the nation who want to, mourn the Queen.
Timing is everything Bruv.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cchinukw wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:18 pm BigPokey, why una club dey sack manager average of a season and a few months.

Also Tuchel leaving with £13m severance.

Na wah o. What an anyhow club.
7Million where you get 13M did arteta add his own 6M to it?. Shey nah me dey write the check.. me sef for apply as manager .

but why do you assanal like to run una mouth alot .. it is very irritating
SuperEagles

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

EPL WEEKEND has been canceled