2022/2023 Spurs Season: PL - 8th; CL - RD16; FAC - RD5; EFL - RD3

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2022/2023 Spurs Season: [PL] WHU v TOT [WK 5]

Post by danfo driver »

250 million spent :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

#thfc Conte not enthusiastic about short-term prospects of Spence, Gil & Sarr.
On Spence, he says: "Djed was an investment of the club. He's a perfect prospect for Tottenham. But for sure if we want to win we need other signings. I want to be very clear about this."

Chai Conte o... na funny guy
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ojafranpa wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:31 pm #thfc Conte not enthusiastic about short-term prospects of Spence, Gil & Sarr.
On Spence, he says: "Djed was an investment of the club. He's a perfect prospect for Tottenham. But for sure if we want to win we need other signings. I want to be very clear about this."

Imagine coming out to destroy a young player and end his confidence. All because you cant work with youth and only need to spend hundreds of millions on finished-article in order to win domestically. What a vile, bald match-fixer! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ojafranpa wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:31 pm #thfc Conte not enthusiastic about short-term prospects of Spence, Gil & Sarr.

Tbh ..I always felt he was the real cheque book coach..when he has no "toy" he throws a tantrum.
At least Pep and Mou dont throw tantrums when they dont get a player they want ..The day Spurs stop getting Conte whatever player he wants na dia wahala go start.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2022/2023 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v FUL [WK 6]

Post by Its a Goal »

I don't why the sympathizer is wailing more than the bereaved. Conte knew before signing that the club operates in a certain and he was fine to manage the club on that basis. Tottenham has never been a club that goes out to pay ridiculous transfer fees to acquire top top talent, instead we acquire prospects that can develop into future stars. Like he said the squad will require 3 or 4 transfer windows to get to be competitive.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Quite a number of changes made today. Romero returns to take his place ahead of Sanchez, Lenglet comes in for Davies, Sessegnon for Perisic, Bentacur returns ahead of Bissouma, while the shocking one is Richarlison ahead of Kulusevski. I would have thought Conte would bench Son for him instead of Kulu. It is a still a very strong lineup with a solid bench to go. I just hope the lads will come out firing on all cylinders instead of sleep walking the first half.

COYS!!!

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sonny goal ruled offside cos of Kane interference.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son's chance blocked. Richarlsison is a handful for Fulham

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Royal is having a free role today as he keeps going from right to left to initiate attack.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

How did we manage to squander a good chance to score?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Romero booked for rash challenge.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son again wasting chances. Hits the post.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hojbjerg score.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs over Fulham like white on rice.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dier should have tapped that in. Another chance wasted.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Richarlison couldn't beat Leno

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lloris parried a sure bound goal over for a corner. Defense playing around and gave the ball away.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sessegnon almost finds the back of the net. How unlucky.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

All of Son's chances are just getting cleared. He is quite unlucky.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bentacur booked for dissent.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sessegnon holding his calf. Perisic may come on for him.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane makes it 2.