2022/2023 Spurs Season: PL - 8th; CL - RD16; FAC - RD5; EFL - RD3

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
2022/2023 Spurs Season: PL - 8th; CL - RD16; FAC - RD5; EFL - RD3

Post by Its a Goal »

2022/2023 season is going to be a defining one in the history of the club. For the first time the club, under Daniel Levy, is backing the manager to the pulp by signing players it would not ordinarily sign, and bringing them in earlier than it normally does. Antonio Conte has become the one person in the club that is changing the look of the team and rebuilding it to be a big contender.

Antonio Conte
In November 2021 Tottenham made an audacious move to sign Conte. Instead of giving him a long contract Daniel Levy opted to go with a 2 year contract so that both parties could feel each other out. Conte expressed his ambition while Daniel explained the financial side of the club. Levy assured Conte about the club's ambition to win honors but within its financial constrains while Conte assured the club that he doesn't need a big budget to build a winning team. As both parties are now on the same page Levy has opted to put his trust in Conte and allow Paratici to bring in the players that fits Conte's model. It also appears that owners have also bought into Conte's motto as they infused an extra £150 million into the club for player acquisition.

New Signings
As of July 3rd Tottenham had made 4 top signings with the most expensive been Richarlison for £60 million. He joined the new additions of Ivan Perisic, Fraser Foster and Yves Bissouma. All these players are legitimate first players however none of them will be guaranteed a starting position. This is because Conte is not looking to build a first team and backup bench but rather a squad with players in every position that can come on and not drop the high level of those starting. Every position will be a competition therefore every player has to be ready to fight to keep their place. Spurs is still expected to sign additional players before the season starts with the likes of Djan Spence and Alessandro Bastoni still heavily linked.

Out Going
No major first team players has yet to depart however Steven Bergwijn is close to joining Ajax as an agreement in the region of £30 million has been reached. Other players expected to depart are Harry Winks, Rodon, LoCelso, Ndombele, and Reguilon. The main issue with transfer is that Conte will need sell more of his foreign players and bring in more home grown talent in order to meet the PL and UEFA home grown player requirement.

Season Expectation
It is a painful reminder that the last time Spurs won a trophy was back in 2008. Everyone in the club, starting with Antonio Conte and Daniel Levy, are determined to put an end to that drought this season. The job to fix that began last season when players who didn't fit Conte's system were dispensed with. A new belief is now running through the camp with players like Kane, Son, and Lloris ready to stay on and fight to win because they trust the manager and his philosophy. This is the season that not only top 4 should be attained but a serious contention for the league title should be staged, as well as a trophy to go with it.
Last edited by Its a Goal on Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 53 times in total.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: 2022/2023 Spurs Season: Preseason Preparations

Post by Bigpokey24 »

A Premier League and international footballer has been arrested in north London on suspicion of rape.

The 29-year-old, who has not been named, was taken into custody on Monday morning where he remains, as reported by the Telegraph.

The Metropolitan Police told BBC Sport: "On 4 July, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police.

"It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022."

The statement added: "On 4 July, a 29-year-old man was arrested at an address in Barnet on suspicion of rape and taken into custody where he remains.

"Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing."
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

^^^After being on this site for donkey years one would have expected that you will know how to add the link to your story, unless of course you pulled it from the pig's anus.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Just to deduce, this cannot be a Tottenham player. The report states it is a 29 year old player who is bound for the Qatar WC. There are 3 players who are 29 years in the team. Son is not back in the camp, Davies is not expected back until later in the week, while Moura is not going to the WC.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Its a Goal wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:06 am ^^^After being on this site for donkey years one would have expected that you will know how to add the link to your story, unless of course you pulled it from the pig's anus.
You are very disrespectful
SuperEagles

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:26 am
Its a Goal wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:06 am ^^^After being on this site for donkey years one would have expected that you will know how to add the link to your story, unless of course you pulled it from the pig's anus.
You are very disrespectful
How? Okey no vex. Next time sha just include the link.

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

As a Chelsea fan, I can't help but admire how Spurs have gone about their business. Appointing the Italian DOF has been an immense masterstroke. He convinced Conte to come and then stay and is serving as a good go-between to Levy. Conte's rants at the beginning of his tenure would not have been appreciated by the mumu Levy under any other manager but Patrici has been able to let things go smooth.

The Serie A buys have worked so far and the business done has to be even further admired. I'm a big fan of Djed Spence and think he will be an England international sooner or later. He will be your best signing once the deal is completed.

I still think Levy's treatment of Mourinho means he deserves no success whatsoever. But he has learned from that and Conte is reaping the rewards.

Let's see what happens when Conte eliminates himself from all the cups as he usually does and then targets the league. Should be interesting.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nah wah ooo, Conte is about to really challenge for the title
SuperEagles

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Glad that it is on loan and not a transfer. I am not convinced by him.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We say goodbye to Steve B as heads to Ajax for £26.5M. Bergwijn will never be forgotten for destroying Leicester when he scored 2 goals in injury time to give Spurs all 3 points. I am sad to see him go but unfortunately his place in the team was not assured. Conte didn't fancy him on the wings and thought of him more as a #9.

Another exit out of the door is Jack Clarke. This is one player I never understood why we bought him in the first place as he just never fit the profile of the sort of player that can take Spurs forward. Hopefully he would find success at Sunderland.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:28 pm We say goodbye to Steve B as heads to Ajax for £26.5M. Bergwijn will never be forgotten for destroying Leicester when he scored 2 goals in injury time to give Spurs all 3 points. I am sad to see him go but unfortunately his place in the team was not assured. Conte didn't fancy him on the wings and thought of him more as a #9.

Another exit out of the door is Jack Clarke. This is one player I never understood why we bought him in the first place as he just never fit the profile of the sort of player that can take Spurs forward. Hopefully he would find success at Sunderland.
Once Mitchell left, Pochettino pushed for some very poor transfers.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

My #9 is better and greater than yours :P

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Just first day of pre-season and Conte has almost killed them all :lol:. No wonder Ndombele didn't go with them as he would have begged to get on the first plane back home :P. Fitness is going to be the key to success for this team and Conte is going to do everything possible to get them ready.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Whatever happened to Tummy Ndombelly?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Coach wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:59 pm Whatever happened to Tummy Ndombelly?
I had great expectations for the guy.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Asked to find another club.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

balo wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:24 pm
I had great expectations for the guy.
We all did.