2022/2023 Spurs Season: PL - 8th; CL - RD16; FAC - RD5; EFL - RD3

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2022/2023 Spurs Season: Preseason Preparations

Post by Coach »

Wasn’t he the best midfielder in the EPL for 30 minutes?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Good friendly. A lot of players got some run out.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The deal for Djed Spence is finally getting closer to completion. It may be completed by tomorrow or latest Monday.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Sixth done.

Pape Sarr - 19
Bryan Gil - 21
Skipp - 21
Spence - 21
Sess - 22
Kulusevski - 22
Romero - 24
Bentancur - 25
Bissouma - 25
Richarlison - 25

The Tottenham retirement home keeps on growing.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Official done. 20m possible cost. 12.5 upfront, 7.5 later.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is our sixth Spence 😝
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

What a great offseason for Tottenham.
No excuse not to finish without silverware
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Is Dejan Kenechukwu still at the Lane?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Caught a bit of the friendly Vs Rangers. A few players looked excellent - Bissouma, Kane, Sanchez. This is shaping up to be an excellent season.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:56 pm Caught a bit of the friendly Vs Rangers. A few players looked excellent - Bissouma, Kane, Sanchez. This is shaping up to be an excellent season.
Did you caught a bit of the friendly Vs Roma? Did a few players looked excellent? Bizzouma? Kane? Sanchez? Is this shaping up to be an excellent season?

Typical Conte, the easiest coach to beat. Close up at the back, do NOT play a high line and he becomes clueless. Has zero idea what to do. smh :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:13 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:56 pm Caught a bit of the friendly Vs Rangers. A few players looked excellent - Bissouma, Kane, Sanchez. This is shaping up to be an excellent season.
Did you caught a bit of the friendly Vs Roma? Did a few players looked excellent? Bizzouma? Kane? Sanchez? Is this shaping up to be an excellent season?

Typical Conte, the easiest coach to beat. Close up at the back, do NOT play a high line and he becomes clueless. Has zero idea what to do. smh :oops:
Strangely I am happy Spurs lost vs Roma. One learns more from such. Let's see how the season goes. Preseason results are meh.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:17 am

Strangely I am happy Spurs lost vs Roma. One learns more from such. Let's see how the season goes. Preseason results are meh.
He wont learn bro. Thats why he has a horrendous record in Europe. He is one-dimensional and doesn't understand any other tactical scheme. I have been saying it for close to a decade and every year I repeat it. After pending close to 200 million in one year at Inter, he failed woefully in Europe because for him, its not about money or learnings... he isnt just good enough. Once he is out of his comfort zone, he crumbles.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:17 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:17 am

He wont learn bro. Thats why he has a horrendous record in Europe. He is one-dimensional and doesn't understand any other tactical scheme. I have been saying it for close to a decade and every year I repeat it. After pending close to 200 million in one year at Inter, he failed woefully in Europe because for him, its not about money or learnings... he isnt just good enough. Once he is out of his comfort zone, he crumbles.
I share the same concern. My hope this year is that Spurs performs in the league and national cups.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2022/2023 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT V SOU [WK 1]

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I have to admit I don’t have a clue about Destiny Udogie. All I gathered is that he played for Italy’s U-21 and that he had a productive service from the wing last season.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I don’t know why you are placing so much emphasis on the friendly result. As you and I know it has no bearing on the actual season. Friendlies are meant to build up fitness level and workout tactical aspects. The final result is secondary. What Conte wanted was get his players fit for the season with tough matches instead of meaningless easy matches.

Daniel Levy has given him the tools he desired and he is happy about it. This season is not going to the one we challenge for the title but rather a building block to make a serious inroad to close the gap on the top 2.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:15 pm

I don’t know why you are placing so much emphasis on the friendly result. As you and I know it has no bearing on the actual season. Friendlies are meant to build up fitness level and workout tactical aspects. The final result is secondary. What Conte wanted was get his players fit for the season with tough matches instead of meaningless easy matches.

Daniel Levy has given him the tools he desired and he is happy about it. This season is not going to the one we challenge for the title but rather a building block to make a serious inroad to close the gap on the top 2.
Since January, you have spent more than 200m and you are not done. Yet you dont want to compete for the title?

You have gotten rid of of all the dead-weight and you dont want to compete for the title?

A washed up Mourinho was expected to win the title, but your messiah Conte, who is apparently in his prime, does no want to compete for the title?

When are you going to compete for the title?

By the way, this is what your coach said a few days ago:
I think I'm seeing a similar situation between Roma and Tottenham because both clubs want to build, to go step by step to fight against a team that in the past dominated in Italy, Juventus and also one season Inter, Milan.

'For us City, Liverpool, Chelsea, United. It's a good comparison because we have the same target.
He wants to fight for the title. I know what you are doing. You are scared! You want to pretend that you dont know your club is fighting for the title, so that when you club fail, you will come out and say "Oh Well! we didnt fail because that wasnt our target."

A man once said that the saddest thing for a man is when he dies twice! Fear = death, and then death after = death again.

Better put -- read my signature! You cant continue a life of disappointment every single time. Its okay to be excited and full of expectation NOW! whatever happens later, let it happen!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Cris, has Ten tummies Ndombelly been sold?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Coach wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:13 pm @Cris, has Ten tummies Ndombelly been sold?
No idea. I expect him to leave due to his rating and his mentality.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I see some Spurs fans being over the top. Squad has strengthened, yes but I have a few concerns.

1. Europe - Conte's teams don't do well in both league and Europe at the same time. Can he break that pattern at Spurs?

2. Squad - Yes squad depth has strengthened however we haven't increased the strength of the starting eleven. I look at Bissouma, Perisic, Lenglet, Richarlison, Forster, Sarr, Spence - good signings but which of them makes the first eleven stronger. Perhaps Perisic but he is old.

3. Conte - I think he has an habit of using a small group of players. That has to change if one wants to challenge. Hopefully the additional transfers help.

1st Squad - Lloris, Romero, Dier, Davies, Royal, Perisic, Bentacur, Bissouma, Kulusevski, Kane, Son

2nd Squad - Forster, Tanganga, Sanchez, Lenglet, Doherty, Sessegnon, Skipp, Hojberg, Moura, Richarlison, Bryan Gil

Other squad players - Sarr, Spence, Reguilon, Winks, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Austin

The squad looks nice and big. Good luck to the team. I expect a few more to leave and I am not sure if we will get the Italian-Nigerian kid.

For me, top 4 and a cup must be the target. It will be a 4 way battle between Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs for 3rd and 4th place.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cristao II wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:04 pm

I see some Spurs fans being over the top. Squad has strengthened, yes but I have a few concerns.

1. Europe - Conte's teams don't do well in both league and Europe at the same time. Can he break that pattern at Spurs?

2. Squad - Yes squad depth has strengthened however we haven't increased the strength of the starting eleven. I look at Bissouma, Perisic, Lenglet, Richarlison, Forster, Sarr, Spence - good signings but which of them makes the first eleven stronger. Perhaps Perisic but he is old.

3. Conte - I think he has an habit of using a small group of players. That has to change if one wants to challenge. Hopefully the additional transfers help.

1st Squad - Lloris, Romero, Dier, Davies, Royal, Perisic, Bentacur, Bissouma, Kulusevski, Kane, Son

2nd Squad - Forster, Tanganga, Sanchez, Lenglet, Doherty, Sessegnon, Skipp, Hojberg, Moura, Richarlison, Bryan Gil

The squad looks nice and big. Good luck to the team. I expect a few more to leave and I am not sure if we will get the Italian-Nigerian kid.

For me, top 4 and a cup must be the target. It will be a 4 way battle between Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs for 3rd and 4th place.
I believe Conte can knock Pep and Klopp for top spot with his team,his second squad can finish top 7.
With the world cup in between,Conte must go toe to toe with Liverpool and City.
On papers spurs look like the closes team to the top 2.
Lets see how it plays out
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kajifu wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:14 pm
Cristao II wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:04 pm

I believe Conte can knock Pep and Klopp for top spot with his team,his second squad can finish top 7.
With the world cup in between,Conte must go toe to toe with Liverpool and City.
On papers spurs look like the closes team to the top 2.
Lets see how it plays out
This is your opinion. I doubt it will be as you say.