2022/2023 Spurs Season: PL - 8th; CL - RD16; FAC - RD5; EFL - RD3

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2022/2023 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v WOL [WK 3]

Post by Cristao II »

ojafranpa wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:55 pm What's going on at Cold Spuds, a lot of talk coming out of the club regarding Djed Spence. It is believed that he has been told to go out on loan...the player has refused a loan, and got dropped from the squad as a result. Ver messy situation.
He hasn't been dropped from the squad. He refused to go on loan and chose to develop at the club. It is a good situation.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:15 pm
ojafranpa wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:55 pm What's going on at Cold Spuds, a lot of talk coming out of the club regarding Djed Spence. It is believed that he has been told to go out on loan...the player has refused a loan, and got dropped from the squad as a result. Ver messy situation.
He hasn't been dropped from the squad. He refused to go on loan and chose to develop at the club. It is a good situation.
Usually, these conversations are had prior to signing. The coach explains to the player what his growth strategy is... where he will play this year and how he expects the players to assimilate. I assume that conversation was had between Conte and Spence. And if it was, and he was promised a squad position - changing that up on him will cost trust.

I dont know the quality of Spence, but sheesh! not being able to bench crap like Emerson and expired rubbish like Doherty? :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:50 pm
Cristao II wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:15 pm
Usually, these conversations are had prior to signing. The coach explains to the player what his growth strategy is... where he will play this year and how he expects the players to assimilate. I assume that conversation was had between Conte and Spence. And if it was, and he was promised a squad position - changing that up on him will cost trust.

I dont know the quality of Spence, but sheesh! not being able to bench crap like Emerson and expired rubbish like Doherty? :oops:
Agreed. My understanding is that loan wasnt part of the initial discussions with Conte. I would give him time to prove himself.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

This Spurs team fit win the league this year.Quality addition and with Danfo removing curse.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2022/2023 Spurs Season: [PL] NOF v TOT [WK 4]

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Spurs will smoke NF today. Cricket score loading…
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

0-4 to Spurs

Forest playing hushpuppy football...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Richalison’s reaction to pain is a few seconds later than normal.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Team is still gelling. Subpar first half. Kane missed a penalty. Spurs still won. 2-0.

Son is in a serious state of bad form. Thank GOD for the bench!!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

How come Conte doesn't start Bissouma, is he saving him for the busy end of the season, or what
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

benteke wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:44 pm How come Conte doesn't start Bissouma, is he saving him for the busy end of the season, or what
There is no need to disrupt the apple cart. The team is playing within its limit and finding a way to win. When matches start coming thick and fast that's when rotation will start taking place. Competition for places will fierce as nobody will want to miss out on being in match day squad. The likes of Spence and Bissouma will get their chance as time goes on.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:50 pm I dont know the quality of Spence, but sheesh! not being able to bench crap like Emerson and expired rubbish like Doherty? :oops:
Don't forget Spence is coming from Championship level to Champions League's. That leap is massive but as Conte said it is one Spence is relishing and working hard to get these guy's level. Conte has faith in him hence why he gave a few minutes against Forest. Conte won't have given him sentimental minutes if he didn't think he had earned the right to play. As Emerson, Conte likes the job he is doing for the team hence why he is getting a run of games. He may not be the best crosser from RWB but defensively he is putting in a shift.

chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Its a Goal wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:12 am
danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:50 pm I dont know the quality of Spence, but sheesh! not being able to bench crap like Emerson and expired rubbish like Doherty? :oops:
Don't forget Spence is coming from Championship level to Champions League's. That leap is massive but as Conte said it is one Spence is relishing and working hard to get these guy's level. Conte has faith in him hence why he gave a few minutes against Forest. Conte won't have given him sentimental minutes if he didn't think he had earned the right to play. As Emerson, Conte likes the job he is doing for the team hence why he is getting a run of games. He may not be the best crosser from RWB but defensively he is putting in a shift.
What happened to Bissouma, is he injured ?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

chopachop wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:59 pm
Its a Goal wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:12 am
What happened to Bissouma, is he injured ?
Nothing. There is no automatic shirt. He has to earn the right to start. He has played a few games off the bench but right now the gaffer is starting mainly with the team that finished last season off. Once CL starts heavy rotation will start taking place.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2022/2023 Spurs Season: [PL] WHU v TOT [WK 5]

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bissouma ahead of Bentacur, who is not in the team.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Spurs are so lucky … stupid Arsenal.
Bissouma was a no brainer for Arsenal
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This has been a proper half so far from the boys.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Penalty to Spurs. Cresswell used his hand to block the ball from Kane's header.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Why is VAR taking so long make the decision?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Balanla rubbish.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs getting shaft.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This ref is determined to make spammers win this game.