2022/2023 Spurs Season: PL - 8th; CL - RD16; FAC - RD5; EFL - RD3

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2022/2023 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT v OLM [GP-D GM-1]

Post by Its a Goal »

Cristao II wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:07 pm I dont get what Conte is playing at. We got more players in the squad so players can be rotated but nooooooooooooo!! It is the same squad again and again with players who are off form not being benched.

Conte in Europe - forget it.
You can't switch up players in a crucial match like this. You still have to stick with the first team as much as you can. Son is about the only player I would have benched.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kulu about to come on.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Royal off for Kulu.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Perisic should have done better.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ref is blowing for all and any incidental fouls that they've stopped calling this season.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:15 pm
Cristao II wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:07 pm I dont get what Conte is playing at. We got more players in the squad so players can be rotated but nooooooooooooo!! It is the same squad again and again with players who are off form not being benched.

You can't switch up players in a crucial match like this. You still have to stick with the first team as much as you can. Son is about the only player I would have benched.
I am talking about our games this season. Doherty could have played. There is Bissouma as well. I think it is bloody ridiculous that the man whines for players and hardly uses them.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

That is what Kulu brings. Beat your man on side.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This ref is atrocious. Not giving a corner that Spurs earned. Booking Son for protesting.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

In spite of all the pressure the keeper has yet to be tested.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Cristao II wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:23 pm
Its a Goal wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:15 pm

I am talking about our games this season. Doherty could have played. There is Bissouma as well. I think it is bloody ridiculous that the man whines for players and hardly uses them.
You have a point. I was expecting a bit more rotation in this game. His insistence with persisting with Son is annoying.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Tanganga and Davies about to come on.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is where we miss having a creative midfielder.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lengleth off as well as Romero.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Close call for Spurs

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Richarlisooooooooooooooooooon

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

These lads are beginning to play like they know each other.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

He makes it 2

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bissouma and Doherty about to come on.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bentacur and Son come off.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

MBemba should be made to take a ferry back to France
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs almost gift a goal away.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Great that Spurs won. I am concerned about squad management but let us move to the next game.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Cristao II wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:55 pm Great that Spurs won. I am concerned about squad management but let us move to the next game.
Well so far Conte hasn't put a foot wrong with his management. We just have to continue to trust his judgement.