Germany should win purely because of English commentary

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Germany should win purely because of English commentary

Post by Comrade Machel »

Bringing on that useless black woman was a big mistake :sad: She did sweet fokol since she came
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

unless she was injured taking off that no nonsense center back cost the Germans.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...kai, 1 min plus to go, some Nigerians go jump off the cliff o.

Oops, game over, Englanders win :thumb:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Comrade Machel wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:34 pm Bringing on that useless black woman was a big mistake :sad: She did sweet fokol since she came
But if they didn’t bring on the sister una for call them racist abi? Anyway, it wasn’t the sisters sub rather the removal of their staunch defender #5. Na him cause the loss. 😀
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Comrade Machel wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:12 pm :curse: :curse:
The great granddaughters of 1945. Not at all surprised to see the Germans clobbered on good old English soil.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Comrade Machel wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:34 pm Bringing on that useless black woman was a big mistake :sad: She did sweet fokol since she came
:rotf: :rotf:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Coach wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:37 pm
:rotf: :rotf:
I'm so mad.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Was an inevitability. They’ve been a force and all the more Newtonian with each passing fixture. Wallop!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...na una jinx the Germans :lol:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Well done Inglaterra...

All the more fitting to have Machine Gun Kelly deliver the final shot!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

based on the sample size I have seen all day on different news outlets. American girls are 100 times hotter than British girls. Didn't watch the game. Am not a huge fan of international womans football. The quality has not reached the level that is entertaining to me.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The last time I was entertained by womens international football was when Japan won the world cup. That team was entertaining.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Big clap 2 our amazing Lionesses.
It came home !!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:34 am based on the sample size I have seen all day on different news outlets. American girls are 100 times hotter than British girls. Didn't watch the game. Am not a huge fan of international womans football. The quality has not reached the level that is entertaining to me.
...what I have found out is that those who profess they did not watch, or don't like, actually were glued to the screen.
A certain American dear leader is a good example, he never watches the J6 hearing but he can rant and rave about everything they said the day before :lol: :lol:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

THIS IS HOW I CALLED IT BEFORE HOSTILITIES BEGAN

I thought the English girls would win because they may be slightly better and play with a lot of desire and grit. If Popp had played, it's anyone's guess if the outcome would have been different but she's arguably the most potent attacker in the tourney. Would be interesting to see how these teams would perform against the US.

I enjoyed the matches I saw and it was as competitive as the men's and I think the women have made major major strides. African FA's should pay particular attention because, as usual, the rest of the world is pulling away. If I was running the Nigerian FA, I'd make a decision that, for the foreseeable future, the women with be coached by (1) a Nigerian and (2) a woman. Let her grow with the team, mistakes and all. Sometime in the distant future the rule may be broken. Or they can make a run at the S. African coach who looked capable at Morocco.
Bell
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Congrats to the English girls. :clap:

Damn, they won something major before the men (in modern footie). :boo:

Next stop, the men's team will win a major tournament. World cup or the Euros.

I sense a wind of change regarding tournament success in English football.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Neutral about the win. I think however it will be good for the women's game generally.

England is the financial powerhouse of football and if more of the huge sums generated can find its way into the women's game it will be a good thing for female soccer globally.

On the flip side my worry is that the 56 year jinx might have been broken and when it comes to England's mens team i am a full fledged ABEG member.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I enjoyed the game a lot. It was a battle of equals settled by luck, as both teams missed good opportunities, while Kelly got really lucky to get that scrappy 2nd goal off a set piece. The referee was terrible, making bad mistakes against both teams...but really messed up in not ordering VAR review for a clear handball against England the way penalties are called these days.

Like many of you, I also think women's football has improved. Still has a ways to go. Not all the goalies are good, not all players can shoot hard, and some girls actually are afraid of heading when the ball is moving fast from height.

Both these teams can challenges the USA, a team that's dominated simply because they've played and have top athletes. But I think this represents an inflection point, where strong football cultures investing money will start to edge the USA.

We will see.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

mate wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:29 pm I enjoyed the game a lot. It was a battle of equals settled by luck, as both teams missed good opportunities, while Kelly got really lucky to get that scrappy 2nd goal off a set piece. The referee was terrible, making bad mistakes against both teams...but really messed up in not ordering VAR review for a clear handball against England the way penalties are called these days.

Like many of you, I also think women's football has improved. Still has a ways to go. Not all the goalies are good, not all players can shoot hard, and some girls actually are afraid of heading when the ball is moving fast from height.

Both these teams can challenges the USA, a team that's dominated simply because they've played and have top athletes. But I think this represents an inflection point, where strong football cultures investing money will start to edge the USA.

We will see.
The USA has held the edge of superior fitness and mentality over the rest of the women's field for a long time. Now teams like Germany can match them for fitness and killer instinct, then you have teams like Brazil who are always dangerous, but I still think the USA has the psychological edge over everyone else in the women's game. The next women's world cup will probably be the most competitive ever.

Wha choo looking at?!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:52 pm
mate wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:29 pm I enjoyed the game a lot. It was a battle of equals settled by luck, as both teams missed good opportunities, while Kelly got really lucky to get that scrappy 2nd goal off a set piece. The referee was terrible, making bad mistakes against both teams...but really messed up in not ordering VAR review for a clear handball against England the way penalties are called these days.

We will see.
The USA has held the edge of superior fitness and mentality over the rest of the women's field for a long time. Now teams like Germany can match them for fitness and killer instinct, then you have teams like Brazil who are always dangerous, but I still think the USA has the psychological edge over everyone else in the women's game. The next women's world cup will probably be the most competitive ever.

I'm also looking forward to the next WC. I agree with you on fitness and killer instinct regarding the USA...but the burden of proof will be on others to beat the USA when it counts. No doubt, fitness is there, but that confidence and swagger is the next step.

France is a great example. I believe they can match anybody now physically. But that killer instinct isn't there. England is now interesting here, as they clearly were confident. It will be interesting to see if they maintain the momentum, as here they were home field.

Germany for sure is near complete. But surprisingly they blew some good chances yesterday. 1 breakaway in particular, where a speedy German girl outran but could barely get a shot off.

My ultimate take is that UEFA will start to pipeline girls like men. The talents will play full time and forgo advanced schooling. Like the USA men, the USA women will no match this...and hence will be a matter of time.

American girls still will go to college. They won't opt for the academies like others will, full time during HS. By the way, that's how it is for Croatian boys...these kids are in full time subsidized academies, rolling the dice on football by age of 11. They get guaranteed trade school later if they fall out.

But I can see why Americans reluctant to escalate like this.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

mate wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:39 pm

We will see.

I'm also looking forward to the next WC. I agree with you on fitness and killer instinct regarding the USA...but the burden of proof will be on others to beat the USA when it counts. No doubt, fitness is there, but that confidence and swagger is the next step.

France is a great example. I believe they can match anybody now physically. But that killer instinct isn't there. England is now interesting here, as they clearly were confident. It will be interesting to see if they maintain the momentum, as here they were home field.

Germany for sure is near complete. But surprisingly they blew some good chances yesterday. 1 breakaway in particular, where a speedy German girl outran but could barely get a shot off.

My ultimate take is that UEFA will start to pipeline girls like men. The talents will play full time and forgo advanced schooling. Like the USA men, the USA women will no match this...and hence will be a matter of time.

American girls still will go to college. They won't opt for the academies like others will, full time during HS. By the way, that's how it is for Croatian boys...these kids are in full time subsidized academies, rolling the dice on football by age of 11. They get guaranteed trade school later if they fall out.

Yeah, the sleeping giants of European football have finally started to take women's football seriously, a process that has taken decades. The USA women will find it very tough going in the years ahead.

Wha choo looking at?!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:39 pm

We will see.

Wrong.

They're already going direct
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Orion wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:25 am Congrats to the English girls. :clap:

Damn, they won something major before the men (in modern footie). :boo:

Next stop, the men's team will win a major tournament. World cup or the Euros.

I sense a wind of change regarding tournament success in English football.

I'll kill myself if that happens :curse: