New 3 - MC 3 - Man City getting slapped around by the toon

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: New 3 - MC 3 - Man City getting slapped around by the toon

Post by Mr. Piffington »

theYemster wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:09 am Gosh, Pep is such an overrated coach. He just buys and buys finished goods. Rarely coaches a player up to top talent. I've lost count of how many games he's been outcoached but bailed out by superior talent.
This has to be the dumbest take I've ever read.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

theYemster wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:09 am Gosh, Pep is such an overrated coach. He just buys and buys finished goods. Rarely coaches a player up to top talent. I've lost count of how many games he's been outcoached but bailed out by superior talent.
I don’t agree that he’s been out coached in many games, but superior talent bailed him out yesterday
for sure. Dortmund had an incredible game plan and executed well until a wonder strike from an unlikely source tied the game and then Haaland showed up.
But that’s fball my friend.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Superior talent is perhaps too easy a card to play. Throughout their run to Champions League glory, Real relied heavily on be armed with one of Europe’s form-most forwards. Were it the sport of kings, many a bout would’ve been waved off long before their Houdiniesque exploits.

Superior talent seldom declared a factor rather a winning mentality, a way to find the win against all odds. Thibaut Cortois MOTM. Superb goalkeeping from one of the game’s great shop stoppers. Winning mentality.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

DD and coach agree on something - oh lord the world is coming to an end o !! Hmmm DD did say that from day one about champions league that RM was about a winning mentality and they would likely win the CL and they did.

Coach alludes the same ..i want to add that its what been missing from Pep's teams ( they have always had superior talents ( Barca, Bayern and now City ) but struggled to get that mentality nailed down.

His city team is starting to show that now ..baby steps but they are starting to take a stand called NO to losing games.

I wish our kids in Arsenal learn that before his city boys :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:32 pm
I don’t agree that he’s been out coached in many games, but superior talent bailed him out yesterday
for sure. Dortmund had an incredible game plan and executed well until a wonder strike from an unlikely source tied the game and then Haaland showed up.
Let's look at the teams he's managed.

At Barca he had the top two budget in the league plus in-prime Lionel Messi arguably the greatest player of this generation.

Then Bayern, the biggest budget in the Bundesliga by far. Buying off the top talents of any of their competition.

Then City, the biggest budget in the epl.

He's not won the champions league without Messi.

Saying he's overrated doesn't mean he's a horrible coach. He's just not as good as he's being made out. His accomplishments is more a byproduct of the resources at his disposal.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

On the contrary SDL, it was more to highlight the obvious, the lexicon reserved for Guardiola is polar opposite to that employed for Ancelotti (Real Madrid). In lay terms, Guardiola is sullied in the eyes of many Africans due to accusations of injustices against Etoo, Toure etc, his achievements will be excused away and where possible, rebranded failures.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Think you misunderstood my point
but it’s all good no need 2 keep
pumping the gas on this.

theYemster wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:25 pm

At Barca he had the top two budget in the league plus in-prime Lionel Messi arguably the greatest player of this generation.

Then Bayern, the biggest budget in the Bundesliga by far. Buying off the top talents of any of their competition.

Saying he's overrated doesn't mean he's a horrible coach. He's just not as good as he's being made out. His accomplishments is more a byproduct of the resources at his disposal.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Well said also lets remember since he left Barca they have won CL,before he gets to Bayern they just won CL then he took over.He left Bayern for City,Bayern just won CL2 years ago.
Pep is over hype for who he actually is.
He has never developed a player like Wenger ,Ferguson etc.He just go and buy players.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

I'm sure Roberto DiMatteo is a world class coach, seeing as how he won a CL.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oga theYemster,where have you been?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:59 am I'm sure Roberto DiMatteo is a world class coach, seeing as how he won a CL.
I listed a bunch of reasons that show a pattern, while you listed one that could be attributed to a fluke. Surely you can see the difference...or not. 😐
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Oluyemi, the "he hasn't managed Fleetwood FC" argument could equally be applied to whomever one would consider Monsieur Balon d'Or. Have any played up top for Sheffield Wednesday, centreback for Rotherham or bossed the midfield at Port Vale (or their continental equivalents)? The elites reside amongst the elites and rightly so. In regard to Messi, some might argue Guardiola played a prominent role in his development into the GOAT worthy of any isi-ewu, with no palate worthy of taste. 'Tis no merely a matter of yield but impact, Guardiola's Barca changed much of the foremost philosophies of football and brought household familiarity to tactic and strategies otherwise unheard of. Theres an air of the "he hates Africans" about the casual disregard of his contribution to the game. Whatever his biases, from a purely footballing perspective, Guardiola is top drawer and will be heralded as such for an eternity.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Coach wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:49 am @Oluyemi, the "he hasn't managed Fleetwood FC" argument could equally be applied to whomever one would consider Monsieur Balon d'Or. Have any played up top for Sheffield Wednesday, centreback for Rotherham or bossed the midfield at Port Vale (or their continental equivalents)? The elites reside amongst the elites and rightly so. In regard to Messi, some might argue Guardiola played a prominent role in his development into the GOAT worthy of any isi-ewu, with no palate worthy of taste. 'Tis no merely a matter of yield but impact, Guardiola's Barca changed much of the foremost philosophies of football and brought household familiarity to tactic and strategies otherwise unheard of. Theres an air of the "he hates Africans" about the casual disregard of his contribution to the game. Whatever his biases, from a purely footballing perspective, Guardiola is top drawer and will be heralded as such for an eternity.
Don't mind these people, Pep coaches the best teams and have them win in style, breaking records left and right in a system that smothers most teams and yet CE coaches will tell you he's "overrated".
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:00 am
Coach wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:49 am @Oluyemi, the "he hasn't managed Fleetwood FC" argument could equally be applied to whomever one would consider Monsieur Balon d'Or. Have any played up top for Sheffield Wednesday, centreback for Rotherham or bossed the midfield at Port Vale (or their continental equivalents)? The elites reside amongst the elites and rightly so. In regard to Messi, some might argue Guardiola played a prominent role in his development into the GOAT worthy of any isi-ewu, with no palate worthy of taste. 'Tis no merely a matter of yield but impact, Guardiola's Barca changed much of the foremost philosophies of football and brought household familiarity to tactic and strategies otherwise unheard of. Theres an air of the "he hates Africans" about the casual disregard of his contribution to the game. Whatever his biases, from a purely footballing perspective, Guardiola is top drawer and will be heralded as such for an eternity.
Don't mind these people, Pep coaches the best teams and have them win in style, breaking records left and right in a system that smothers most teams and yet CE coaches will tell you he's "overrated".
What has Pep won that he left a club,the club has not repeat it?
Even unknown coaches has won things with Barca since his departure.He was a failure at Bayern,Before he took the job at Bayern ,Bayern was champion league winner,he could not repet that for 3 years never even make CL finals.Even though he had al the talent.
He left bayern and they won CL.So what exactly has he done that has never been done?Dude is a good coach but not great as they shrine him to be.No body in bayern will count him as their top 3 managers for their club.
I hope you see hiwspain was winning in style and no one will even mention the coach.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

kajifu wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:46 am
Mr. Piffington wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:00 am
What has Pep won that he left a club,the club has not repeat it?
Even unknown coaches has won things with Barca since his departure.He was a failure at Bayern,Before he took the job at Bayern ,Bayern was champion league winner,he could not repet that for 3 years never even make CL finals.Even though he had al the talent.
He left bayern and they won CL.So what exactly has he done that has never been done?Dude is a good coach but not great as they shrine him to be.No body in bayern will count him as their top 3 managers for their club.
I hope you see hiwspain was winning in style and no one will even mention the coach.
Oga, this is not an argument. Just because a club won trophies after a good coach leaves means he wasn't a good coach? Na wa. By this logic pretty much every good coach is overrated.