New 3 - MC 3 - Man City getting slapped around by the toon

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: New 3 - MC 3 - Man City getting slapped around by the toon

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:30 pm Piom!!! Man City well and truly slapped! :mrgreen:
A draw at home isn't a slap homie.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

kajifu wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:27 pm City lucky to get anything from this game.Team need to understand that you have to take the game to City and bully them then take KDB out of the game you s tand a chance.Also a player t hat can take City back lime like Allen did today.
Uncle Pat will need to used Zaha well next week away to City,go get your draw there
The stats say otherwise homie. Newcastle were pegged back in short order by a team that wasn't even at their best playing AWAY from home. I wonder what game you guys were watching. Haaland's shot hit the post and that would have been an extra goal. City don't rely on Kevin DeBruyne either, he's one of their many options, heck they won the title in 2019 with him gone for much of the season. Bad day at the office, nothing more nothing less.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Full credit to Eddie Howe and his Newcastle players. Not one single Newcastle player is good enough to even make Man City’s bench. Yet they matched Man City for the entire game and were unfortunate not to win. That says much about Howe’s management and the competitive mentality of his players.

The surprise results so far makes this one of the most competitive and unpredictable EPL seasons ever. Fulham and Leeds (both of whom I thought would be relegated) are in the 🔝 4! Leeds tonked Chelsea too. Meanwhile Man Utd and Liverpool just played each other in a bottom of the table clash!

I hope to see more unexpected results.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:40 am Full credit to Eddie Howe and his Newcastle players. Not one single Newcastle player is good enough to even make Man City’s bench. Yet they matched Man City for the entire game and were unfortunate not to win. That says much about Howe’s management and the competitive mentality of his players.

The surprise results so far makes this one of the most competitive and unpredictable EPL seasons ever. Fulham and Leeds (both of whom I thought would be relegated) are in the 🔝 4! Leeds tonked Chelsea too. Meanwhile Man Utd and Liverpool just played each other in a bottom of the table clash!

You clearly do not know Bruno Guimares :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Neither have you watched Joelinton in midfield. :lol: Please put down the stuff you are smoking. Botman has also performed better than the likes of Stone and the crap Ake over the last 2 years.

Should I even mention Saint-Maximin?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

wiseone wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:40 am Full credit to Eddie Howe and his Newcastle players. Not one single Newcastle player is good enough to even make Man City’s bench. Yet they matched Man City for the entire game and were unfortunate not to win. That says much about Howe’s management and the competitive mentality of his players.

How were Newcastle unfortunate not to win?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:20 am
kajifu wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:27 pm City lucky to get anything from this game.Team need to understand that you have to take the game to City and bully them then take KDB out of the game you s tand a chance.Also a player t hat can take City back lime like Allen did today.
Uncle Pat will need to used Zaha well next week away to City,go get your draw there
The stats say otherwise homie. Newcastle were pegged back in short order by a team that wasn't even at their best playing AWAY from home. I wonder what game you guys were watching. Haaland's shot hit the post and that would have been an extra goal. City don't rely on Kevin DeBruyne either, he's one of their many options, heck they won the title in 2019 with him gone for much of the season. Bad day at the office, nothing more nothing less.
Chief maybe you were watching the game with a bias.
The number of times Newcastle was opening City up at will, no wonder people are saying City was slapped apart.
Those stats can deceive.
Every time Newcastle got the ball and went forward with St Maximin, it was panic stations for City.
It was actually one of the best games so far in EPL.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

He is suppose to be a know nothing English coach unlike the Spanish cheque book coach whose team play the ball the way it is supposed to be played.

The Man City bench likely cost more than the entire Newcastle team :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

benteke wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:11 am
The number of times Newcastle was opening City up at will, no wonder people are saying City was slapped apart.
Those stats can deceive.
Every time Newcastle got the ball and went forward with St Maximin, it was panic stations for City.
That's pretty much City and all of Pep's teams. They don't play on the backfoot, City carved open Newcastle far more times but because we're used to seeing it happen often it doesn't register.

I agree it was one of the best games so far but I don't buy that Newcastle were unfortunate not to win. City scored first, Newcastle scored three goals after and City put two goals in quick succession. Where was the unfortunate coming from? City dominated the stats (possession, shots on target, etc), even hit the post by a shot from Haaland, how were Newcastle unfortunate not to get a win? Newcastle were unfortunate the game ended because City were most likely going to score again. :laugh: :laugh:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:32 pm
Those stats can deceive.
That's pretty much City and all of Pep's teams. They don't play on the backfoot, City carved open Newcastle far more times but because we're used to seeing it happen often it doesn't register.

I agree it was one of the best games so far but I don't buy that Newcastle were unfortunate not to win. City scored first, Newcastle scored three goals after and City put two goals in quick succession. Where was the unfortunate coming from? City dominated the stats (possession, shots on target, etc), even hit the post by a shot from Haaland, how were Newcastle unfortunate not to get a win? Newcastle were unfortunate the game ended because City were most likely going to score again. :laugh: :laugh:
Newcastle had the momentum and were unlucky not to win, but fear not. Uncle Pat won't settle for a slapping around, he will put an Iron Mike style beating on City.

Wha choo looking at?!
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:58 pm If Newcastle wants to compete at this level this season, they need to purchase well over the next two weeks. They are still missing in some top positions - ST, AM, RW

Imagine making substitutions and you gotta bring in Wood and Longstaff :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abed Didi no kill person....me self laff when I saw the subs line up :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:51 pm
Those stats can deceive.

Newcastle had the momentum and were unlucky not to win, but fear not. Uncle Pat won't settle for a slapping around, he will put an Iron Mike style beating on City.
They had momentum then lost it by the end, even the look on their fans faces said it all. What game did you watch?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Mr. Piffington wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:19 pm
Those stats can deceive.

They had momentum then lost it by the end, even the look on their fans faces said it all. What game did you watch?
Which game did I watch? The game where Man City were down 3-1 until 60' ( two thirds of the game). :laugh:

They were well and truly rattled alright. Like I said buckle up, there are some beatdowns in store for them. Maybe Arsenal will even do the honors sef.

Wha choo looking at?!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:34 pm
Mr. Piffington wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:19 pm
Those stats can deceive.

Which game did I watch? The game where Man City were down 3-1 until 60' ( two thirds of the game). :laugh:

They were well and truly rattled alright. Like I said buckle up, there are some beatdowns in store for them. Maybe Arsenal will even do the honors sef.
Finish the story son...

City were so rattled they scored two goals in quick succession and pinned Newcastle in their own half for the rest of the match.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

GG of G wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:07 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:58 pm If Newcastle wants to compete at this level this season, they need to purchase well over the next two weeks. They are still missing in some top positions - ST, AM, RW

Imagine making substitutions and you gotta bring in Wood and Longstaff :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abed Didi no kill person....me self laff when I saw the subs line up :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: wood and longstaff
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Those stats can deceive.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Indeed.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Mr. Piffington wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:31 pm
Those stats can deceive.

Indeed.
Very brave of you to emerge from under your blanket after the game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:26 pm
Those stats can deceive.

Indeed.
Very brave of you to emerge from under your blanket after the game. :lol: :lol: :lol:
One thing to not here is how these teams like Newcastle and Palace were easily cutting through Man City to get to the goal area.
That doesn't bode well, maybe its cos they now have Haaland and have to set up differently
But Pep is a guy who can alter tactics mid season and come with solutions.

But mmmmmmmh
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Those stats can deceive.

City were lucky to get anything from this game,you can argue all you want,funny everyone is telling you same thing but you choose to argue,City were 3-1 down at one point.NC miss alot of chancesin the first half,with decent striker City would have been 6-1 doqn in first half.
But again you failed to see even the foul leading to see third goal poor officiating City get away.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

kajifu wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:22 am
Those stats can deceive.

City were lucky to get anything from this game,you can argue all you want,funny everyone is telling you same thing but you choose to argue,City were 3-1 down at one point.NC miss alot of chancesin the first half,with decent striker City would have been 6-1 doqn in first half.
But again you failed to see even the foul leading to see third goal poor officiating City get away.
Uh huh...

The stats say otherwise, the actual game says otherwise. City were 3-1 down at one point but you didn't finish, what happened after 3-1? Please tell us.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Those stats can deceive.

Indeed.
So what happened? I thought uncle Pat was going to put the beating "Iron Mike style"? Or where Crystal Palace unfortunate not to get something out of the game? :lol: :lol:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Mr. Piffington wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:21 pm

Those stats can deceive.

Indeed.
So what happened? I thought uncle Pat was going to put the beating "Iron Mike style"? Or where Crystal Palace unfortunate not to get something out of the game? :lol: :lol:
You got the latter part correct :mrgreen: and I hereby guarantee that Arsenal :thumbs: will beat Man City. Let's check back here later. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Shifting goalposts I see.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gosh, Pep is such an overrated coach. He just buys and buys finished goods. Rarely coaches a player up to top talent. I've lost count of how many games he's been outcoached but bailed out by superior talent.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯